Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

PUCHALT said:
Do not you think it's a marketing policy to see how far will their sales worldwide, especially in Europe ?.
I'm sure they see and read the forums and see at which point is people at this time.
I reckon this should be a marketing strategy instead of a marketing policy. but correct me if I'm  wrong. 
I think it's a poor marketing strategy.  Most of us are so busy with everyday life.  The majority of us on this forum will buy Pcars because we want an open wheel racer on our next gen console asap.  We will be so immersed in our career from go karts to Formula A that we will buy F1 2015 after we are done with Pcars.  Also there is nothing stopping SMS from releasing indycar and nascar DLC's (cars and tracks) for Pcars.  Only EU gamers will buy F1 2015 on its release date as there is no hype of this game in NA.  

Thats my opinion.

Official licenses can go a long way for some people though. I'm looking forward to Project Cars a lot but it does take some shine off when you're in Formula 1 and not Formula 1.

I'll be getting 2015 as well.

I was thinking (and anyone who knows correct me if i am wrong) the new dirt trailer or "preview" was released to the public the same date the game was also released. I am thinking... maybe we will get our video on lauch date? "IF" so this is a tricky move by  Codies. Because nobody knows what type of quality product you are getting till you open it. Could be a bug ridden game and nobody will know till its far too late. Cute move SoonMasters. real cute.

I doubt that, I think we will start seing video and get further info past 8.may when pCARS release

DiRT seems a step in the right direction for CM, mostly positive feedback, I still find it a bit odd with no PR before launch

Video won't be first released for F1 2015 on launch date. It happened with Dirt Rally because it's in Early Access, it's nowhere near a full game yet so it's completely different to F1 2015.

The situation between Project CARS and F1 2015 reminds me a lot of the battle between Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA a few years back.  FIFA always had the official licences, however PES had a phase of being far more popular because the game play was that much better than FIFA.  People could live without official licences if the compromise was a superior game.  I think the lost sales spurred FIFA on to improve, and by 2011’ish it was back to being the best (IMHO).

The point is; licences don’t guarantee sales, especially when there’s an unlicensed alternative (ie Project CARS).

Moggie16 said:
The situation between Project CARS and F1 2015 reminds me a lot of the battle between Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA a few years back.  FIFA always had the official licences, however PES had a phase of being far more popular because the game play was that much better than FIFA.  People could live without official licences if the compromise was a superior game.  I think the lost sales spurred FIFA on to improve, and by 2011’ish it was back to being the best (IMHO).

The point is; licences don’t guarantee sales, especially when there’s an unlicensed alternative (ie Project CARS).
But the majority of people are getting excited on the first next-gen game made by CM. Like me, I have been waiting for the podium celebrations (which is included in F1 2015) for ages and they want to see how the game goes. However, nice comparison there. 

Moggie16 said:

But the majority of people are getting excited on the first next-gen game made by CM. Like me, I have been waiting for the podium celebrations (which is included in F1 2015) for ages and they want to see how the game goes. However, nice comparison there. 

Not really... people are actually giving F1 2015 a 50/50 review. everyone agreed F1 2015 is not the step forward everyone tought it would be on next gen. Plus the lack of info and footage is making it worse.

Moggie16 said:

All those functions could have been there three years ago already. Codemasters just use the current generation consoles as an excuse. PC's were powerful enough to create more realistic and complete functions before 2015. In my opinion it's just a lack of effort, simply look at the incomplete tracks from the last couple of years: Australia, Monaco, Belgium, Brazil... just to name a few.

@justbiglee You posted this on the 26th March......Any updates?

I don't have any info to share on the multiplayer at the moment sorry @Daugaard, rest assured we'll be talking about it over the next few weeks/months.

Sorry if I've missed anything, but not really seen anything about multiplayer, online and offline. I think this will be make or break for me for the game seeing that there is no career mode. an online co op mode is now top of my list

Moggie16 said:

All those functions could have been there three years ago already. Codemasters just use the current generation consoles as an excuse. PC's were powerful enough to create more realistic and complete functions before 2015. In my opinion it's just a lack of effort, simply look at the incomplete tracks from the last couple of years: Australia, Monaco, Belgium, Brazil... just to name a few.

@Restricted
  But CM just can't bother to include those features, even though technology have improved over the years. Back in 2006, the Formula 1 Championship Edition got the podium celebrations, commentary, other stuffs. Although the graphics wasn't good, but it still a good attempt/effort by the developers.

@Restricted  But CM just can't bother to include those features, even though technology have improved over the years. Back in 2006, the Formula 1 Championship Edition got the podium celebrations, commentary, other stuffs. Although the graphics wasn't good, but it still a good attempt/effort by the developers.
I dunno, I've never met a professional software development team who "can't be bothered" to work on cool new features. In my experience, the reason cool new features don't get done is almost always because somebody higher up has prioritised something else they consider more important... no more, no less.

@Restricted  But CM just can't bother to include those features, even though technology have improved over the years. Back in 2006, the Formula 1 Championship Edition got the podium celebrations, commentary, other stuffs. Although the graphics wasn't good, but it still a good attempt/effort by the developers.
I dunno, I've never met a professional software development team who "can't be bothered" to work on cool new features. In my experience, the reason cool new features don't get done is almost always because somebody higher up has prioritised something else they consider more important... no more, no less.
 @scottishwildcat  I'm just saying, don't take it too serious. So just chill and wait for the news. :)

spend alot of time waiting though thats the problem. Unless they deliver some awesome news I don't think the fans are going to be too happy!

I go onto gaming sites and the amount of video screenshots previews updates and almost every game this year are available, except F1 2015. Must be a shit game then to not want to promote it.

let's be honest: podium in F1 CE was pretty lame.I'm not here to defend CM but to say it's not an equal comparison.It's like saying: "This guy doesn't write a symphony because he doesn't put any effort...years ago some average joe wrote a pop song." I don't see CM doing a that bad graphic stuff just to put in..if was to be that way, they sure would have it by now..

every  place i look... twitter ect. They say soon. Closer to lauch date keep and eye out. I have a hunch that there will be no footage till release date just like dirt. F1 is also getting released ahead of normal schedule.

There's no way this is being released on the 12th June. No gameplay videos, no real info. They have to polish  the game before it goes gold plus get stuff signed off. Less then 2 months? No chance. Expect this around sept. We'd be looking at beta videos at this stage. Not nothing. Look how long PCars took to go gold.

Guys, let's chill and take a quiz on racing games. Forget F1 2015, see what do you get from the quiz. I got 60%, what's yours??

Enjoy~ :)

Link: http://wtf1.co.uk/racing-video-games-quiz/

So somebody mentioned that Pcars and F1 share the same publisher (Bandai Namco) earlier and I am thinking out loud here, so bear with me.

Pcars is being released on the 7th of May, I'm guessing Bandai are putting pressure on CM (or out right telling them, I'm not sure how their relationship works) to not promote F1 right not as it may mean losing on Pcars sales. I'm expecting that F1's marketing campaign will start after the 7th (possibly a week or two later so customers on the fence don't go the other way). Then I'm guessing they hope F1's huge global appeal, especially in Europe and Asia, to carry the sales of the game for them. 

And here's a wishful thought if I ever had one: Bandai feel that F1 2015 has enough quality (+ the already existing appeal of F1) to be able to pull off a successful short campaign without hurting the sales figures. 

VDV23 said:
So somebody mentioned that Pcars and F1 share the same publisher (Bandai Namco) earlier and I am thinking out loud here, so bear with me.

Pcars is being released on the 7th of May, I'm guessing Bandai are putting pressure on CM (or out right telling them, I'm not sure how their relationship works) to not promote F1 right not as it may mean losing on Pcars sales. I'm expecting that F1's marketing campaign will start after the 7th (possibly a week or two later so customers on the fence don't go the other way). Then I'm guessing they hope F1's huge global appeal, especially in Europe and Asia, to carry the sales of the game for them. 

And here's a wishful thought if I ever had one: Bandai feel that F1 2015 has enough quality (+ the already existing appeal of F1) to be able to pull off a successful short campaign without hurting the sales figures. 

Tourgott said:
VDV23 said:

Well, we don't know what direction F1 is going, do we? Past experience says arcade, paid media articles says more focus on sim (sim-acde actually). Truth is, on next-gen consoles currently there isn't an open-wheel game and part of the Pcars demographic no doubt aligns with F1's. Just take a look at popular F1 youtubers and see how many of them are playing/testing/making videos about Pcars. While different experience and focus, the game is certainly not far from the F1 niche. 

Project cars looks great, but every video I've watched for PS4 gameplay shows poor steering controls.  If you watch the steering wheel in gameplay vids, it looks like the driver is yanking hard left and right, instead of gradual turning.  To me this is a sign of arcade controls.  I really hope I'm wrong though since everything else I've seen looks great.