DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Daugaard said:
@justbiglee any news of when we can expect the next F1 2015 news to arrive ?
Honestly I don't, I need to catch back up with the F1 stuff as I was largley looking after Overlord last week so I'll know more about what's next on Monday.

EDIT: some text removed...

As for your original question what is it you'd like to know next? I know you all want to know everything but if you could pick just one bit of news what would it be?
@justbiglee I know you guys have been pretty busy because of the DiRT release, but we are getting close to weekend, so just to follow up on the F1 news situation.... any news regarding next information release ? - thanks in advance... ;)

OGFedfan said:
Project cars looks great, but every video I've watched for PS4 gameplay shows poor steering controls.  If you watch the steering wheel in gameplay vids, it looks like the driver is yanking hard left and right, instead of gradual turning.  To me this is a sign of arcade controls.  I really hope I'm wrong though since everything else I've seen looks great.

they may have been using the controller or not configured it well enough but I guess we'll have to wait and see

mmpaw37 said:
Just been on @TheLeeMather tweets and he said that they sent 'something' on the 26th I believe, to be signed off; what that exactly means I'm not sure but...my guess its going to be a trailer...
That's still one month from now... either announce it to your customers and post updates often, or don't announce it at all (if there's nothing to tell or show).

I do not understand the logic of Codemasters promote F1 in 2015 if they want to lose the license and support their customers well I congratulate them because they managed.

Following the upcoming release of project cars they have no arguments to counter the remarks made on their own forum, over an avalanche of negative reviews are posting on their forums but no information or reactions of their shares.

Congratulations to Codemasers.

Falcon4444

It must be frustrating for the employee's on the lower level (developers, community managers, etc.) that someone on a higher level (or the PR divison) has made this blatantly poor decision about the way CM leaks news regarding F1 2015.

Must be hard to develop a game, putting in some really effort, and then comming to the forum and see the way things are handled.

I don't post much as I much prefer just to hang out and read the forum, but I have to ask @TheLeeMather just one simple question, and I would appreciate a truthful response. Here it goes...

Knowing the current outcry within your community here on the forums and other social media outlets in regards to the lack of information so close to release of F1 2015, and also your promise to be more active on these forums than your predessesor; I was genuinely curious if you lay your head down at night with a clear concious?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

Recon1k said:
I don't post much as I much prefer just to hang out and read the forum, but I have to ask @TheLeeMather just one simple question, and I would appreciate a truthful response. Here it goes...

Knowing the current outcry within your community here on the forums and other social media outlets in regards to the lack of information so close to release of F1 2015, and also your promise to be more active on these forums than your predessesor; I was genuinely curious if you lay your head down at night with a clear concious?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.
Ha ha ha ha ha. Doubt he sleeps at the moment. Too many problems with the game needing fixing.

Recon1k said:

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

Clearly he'll be concious before he goes to sleep, then after that unconscious.  Seriously though, asking if he has a conscience to be able to sleep at night, don't you think that's blowing things a little out of proportion.

@Codemasters @Formula1game  please make it so, that you are able to choose in a online custom race, to have mandatory pit stop. Incl ai

@codemastersdevelopers @justbiglee @britpoint @codemasters

Had sometime to cool off... gonna try to civil way.

Whats is going on guys!? everyone has gone dead! i know we been harsh on you. But with good reason! we have no info!  We really really need info on this game! How do you expect us to buy a game this way! did you guys run into legal troubles? is there a problem with the game? more "internal" problems? what is it! let us know! Can you please give us a clear answer once and for all when we will have some more info and finally when we will have footage of F1 2015?  is there someway you can finally come clean to us, give us a unofficial or official statement of why you been so quiet... why the lack of info & footage? i know everyone wants to know more then just the word "soon".

thanks.

OGFedfan said:
Project cars looks great, but every video I've watched for PS4 gameplay shows poor steering controls.  If you watch the steering wheel in gameplay vids, it looks like the driver is yanking hard left and right, instead of gradual turning.  To me this is a sign of arcade controls.  I really hope I'm wrong though since everything else I've seen looks great.

they may have been using the controller or not configured it well enough but I guess we'll have to wait and see
This is true. The sporadic nature of the steering wheel you're seeing is consistent with a controller in the hands of someone not skilled with the finesse a controller needs. Many of Alan's vids on VVV are like this and Alan himself even points this out. When you view his vids where he has used a wheel, the steering looks natural and not twitchy. He also states that there are multiple controller profiles for steering input so one can find a profile which best suits them.

I suspect we are likely to hear stuff about the game  after Spanish gp

naks said:
Just found the article below.....relates to dirt but gives some context in regards to the direction codemasters is going and their feelings towards traditional marketing.  http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/242369/How_Codemasters_surpriselaunched_Dirt_Rally_onto_Steam_Early_Access.php
Hopefully, they (CM) should include F1 as part of their future plans in this regard.

It's just me or anyone else got worried about graphics in F1 2015 after watching some videos of Dirt Rallye? For sure the game looks to be fun..but the graphics are really outdated.Does anyone knows if the new Dirt is a current-gen game yet? Since they took some features out to build a new game, I really expect a mind blowing graphics for F12015...

tMansell said:
It's just me or anyone else got worried about graphics in F1 2015 after watching some videos of Dirt Rallye? For sure the game looks to be fun..but the graphics are really outdated.Does anyone knows if the new Dirt is a current-gen game yet? Since they took some features out to build a new game, I really expect a mind blowing graphics for F12015...

I think Dirt rally was built on the old engine not 100% sure on this but I think I read it somewhere  so may not have any bearing. We'll have to see though.

I hear the F1 engines are changing next year to V6-8 ?? Also 21 tracks? I wonder how this will affect coders to make changes to engines now that they may of felt settled with current engines!

Recon1k said:

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

Clearly he'll be concious before he goes to sleep, then after that unconscious.  Seriously though, asking if he has a conscience to be able to sleep at night, don't you think that's blowing things a little out of proportion.
Apologies for the typo, must have been autocorrect and I didn't catch it. To your response, no I don't believe it's blowing it out of proportion; because there are many here concerned who have legitimate, well thought out questions and there's nothing. I could completely understand if everyone was throwing insults around like children and being 'trolls,' but that's not the case.

I just could never understand how some people can't or don't stay true to their word. All of these concerns and questions day after day, and there seems to be no effort whatsoever to even give their community at least some of what they are asking for; and what they want isn't even out of line or unrealistic. I just wanted a deeper sense of who our community manager is with that question. I don't believe in pulling punches and will straight up ask someone a direct question. How he answers, or lack thereof, will speak volumes.

I think Dirt rally was built on the old engine not 100% sure on this but I think I read it somewhere  so may not have any bearing. We'll have to see though.
Yep, this is also what I've read elsewhere.

It is now just over a month until release and we have nothing but a few sketchy details and screenshots to go off. I understand it isn't totally Codemasters fault but it is a bit annoying.

Understand that it is a bit annoying that still no information but appreciate the merit of short  sharp marketing campaign. 4-5 weeks is still enough time  to release  enough information which people can use to make somewhat of an informed decision if the game is the step up they are expecting. Personally prefer the idea of info releases over a shorter time than over several months as doubt we are able to influence direction of game once marketing starts especially one that appears to be heavily regulated by FOM.

however @justbiglee in future perhaps once game is announced, it would be good if you also provided a list of key dates relating to information and video releases. Appreciate you have partners who have to approve stuff but think it would go a long way to curb some of the frustration that seems to be building up in the forums and give fans something to look forward and keep constructive discussion on track. 

I was expecting to use this time to do some excercise, spend time with family and friends as well as get errands done because I expect once the release window began (starting with Pcars) all that would go out the window. But now the surprise release of dirt has stuffed that all up

The theory of waiting until Project Cars has released is a good one. Probably is down to that really.

If they are waiting until Project CARS is released they are stupid. Why let people see everything about Project CARS, buy it and then not be interested in your game where you could be showing stuff at the same time to take some of the shine away from pcars. The publicity and reaction from the public about Project CARS could hurt F1 2015. Me personally don't see myself getting F1 2015 before Christmas time whether the game is brilliant or not