Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Hi, brand new to the forums, long time viewer but first time poster.

I am 25 & have played F1 games for years going back to the original PS, I stopped after 2011 due to work life taking over gaming but I recently purchased a PS4 to rekindle the old flame. 
Now before I start moaning to Codies I appreciate that if you could have something to show us you would have done.... But this stragey of marketing is very very poor, surely a month prior to release you have some videos to wet our appitites? 
Its like going to watch a film and only knowing the name when you walk in you just wouldn't. For example I have preordered Jurassic park tickets which comes out the same weekend as F1 game because the content looks amazing. I want to do this with F1 but I am growing concerned what product we will end up getting. 
Please give us something to watch & to look forward to to get everyone on here raving about the game not talking about the negative stuff.

Hi, brand new to the forums, long time viewer but first time poster.

I am 25 & have played F1 games for years going back to the original PS, I stopped after 2011 due to work life taking over gaming but I recently purchased a PS4 to rekindle the old flame. 
Now before I start moaning to Codies I appreciate that if you could have something to show us you would have done.... But this stragey of marketing is very very poor, surely a month prior to release you have some videos to wet our appitites? 
Its like going to watch a film and only knowing the name when you walk in you just wouldn't. For example I have preordered Jurassic park tickets which comes out the same weekend as F1 game because the content looks amazing. I want to do this with F1 but I am growing concerned what product we will end up getting. 
Please give us something to watch & to look forward to to get everyone on here raving about the game not talking about the negative stuff.

Soon

Go for a walk this morning

I pass by a GAME shop

Lots of F12015 covers as pre-order advertising can be seen (no joking)

Then I recall F12015 is precisely that game I don't know one f*** about, or haven't seen any single lame lame gameplay video yet.

Then I recall too that this unknown to every single gamer on planet earth is being released in just one month.

Brilliant way of marketing the game Codemasters. You're really outperforming yourselves this time.

What do you guys think? Legit F1 2015 screenshot or Fake?

https://twitter.com/mrdangerdaysf1/status/595321703846309888

Also just seen this: Ubisoft are to Publish F1 2015 in Japan from 23rd July 2015!!!

Maybe Ubisoft are trying out with the F1 licencse before purchasing it fully from codemasters for 2016/7 onwards??? Odd that another developer is getting involved. Hmmmmm

http://segmentnext.com/2015/05/04/japanese-version-of-f1-2015-will-be-published-by-ubisoft-on-july-23/

I say real as all of the leaked screenshots that haven't been from codies seem to have the same bad quality and same lighting around cockpit but if it is real the gloves just look

It's look like F14T with Alonso in car, soo mayby

Am I the only one who finds this somehow strange ? - Codemasters still have the licence, and develop the game, but then leaves it to Ubisoft in the japan region, can't figure out why Codemasters went this way ?

1. They have no faith in the japanese market will sell enough to make a solid profit ?
2. Ubisoft have paid Codemasters for publishing the game in japan, and this amount of money might be larger than the profit Codemaster think they will get for selling the games ?
3. Codemasters need cash urgent ? and sells publish rights ?

Please enlighten me ;)

Hi Alex...

That picture is legit. That is all i can say.

Z.

coolieboy said:
Everyday I look at Pcars on YouTube I get more exited. I can't wait till release. 
yeah putting some practice in this week on my other motor racing games ready for P Cars mostly F1 and Grid Autosport. I know they're not quite full on sim like P Cars but hopefully it'll be enough to help me get tuned in a little quicker. P Cars does have some assists it looks like though so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to acquaint myself with it.
Lol I finished off my F1 2014 career season, and popped in grid autosport as well.

Daugaard said:
Am I the only one who finds this somehow strange ? - Codemasters still have the licence, and develop the game, but then leaves it to Ubisoft in the japan region, can't figure out why Codemasters went this way ?

1. They have no faith in the japanese market will sell enough to make a solid profit ?
2. Ubisoft have paid Codemasters for publishing the game in japan, and this amount of money might be larger than the profit Codemaster think they will get for selling the games ?

Please enlighten me ;)
Pretty sure Codemasters isn't publishing it anywhere else either, Namco is.

If u look at the circuit map. That points to it being fake 

How does that make it fake? Seems simular to the other leak screenshots like the hamilton monaco screenshot.

How does that make it fake? Seems simular to the other leak screenshots like the hamilton monaco screenshot.
i think what he means is look at the map and you see that it is a track that doesnt look simular to any F1 track ;) 

@LiteralZero @justbiglee @Britpoint are we going to get to some f1 2015 news/gameplay this week?

LGS469 said:

@LiteralZero @justbiglee @Britpoint are we going to get to some f1 2015 news/gameplay this week?

Hopefully we will get a trailer. 

Good observation. The hud of the photo is indentical to the previous one which suggest CM has confirmed the use of hud in the game. 

This new article on the F1 website: Not really any new information, but it does detail minor things like how cockpit cam has been reworked and how every car has its own steering wheel.
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/features/2015/5/f1-2015---ten-reasons-for-gamers-to-get-excited.html

And it also adds more info regarding the single player modes.
Career Modes:
"Combined with the above, gamers can now pick any driver from the current field (Marussia pair Will Stevens and Roberto Merhi will be available after the first live patch) and compete with them over a full world championship campaign. For the most devout fans, there's also the Pro Season mode. Locked in to a full season, using the cockpit view only and with no assists or options to restart a session, it’s the ultimate test of skill and concentration - and the closest thing to a true Grand Prix weekend." 

Chilza381 said:
This new article on the F1 website: Not really any new information, but it does detail minor things like how cockpit cam has been reworked and how every car has its own steering wheel.
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/features/2015/5/f1-2015---ten-reasons-for-gamers-to-get-excited.html

And it also adds more info regarding the single player modes.
Career Modes:
"Combined with the above, gamers can now pick any driver from the current field (Marussia pair Will Stevens and Roberto Merhi will be available after the first live patch) and compete with them over a full world championship campaign. For the most devout fans, there's also the Pro Season mode. Locked in to a full season, using the cockpit view only and with no assists or options to restart a session, it’s the ultimate test of skill and concentration - and the closest thing to a true Grand Prix weekend." 

thanks for this. I take a look at the F1 official site almost everyday. But i guess i missed this :)

By the way to everyone.... that F1 article in the official site points to positivity. I speculate that this means they are happy with what was submitted by Codies and soon we will get info and footage of game play and trailer(s) ect. otherwise they would have notified Codies of changes they want if the FOM where not happy with aspects of the game and would have never posted that article.

coolieboy said:
Everyday I look at Pcars on YouTube I get more exited. I can't wait till release. 
yeah putting some practice in this week on my other motor racing games ready for P Cars mostly F1 and Grid Autosport. I know they're not quite full on sim like P Cars but hopefully it'll be enough to help me get tuned in a little quicker. P Cars does have some assists it looks like though so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to acquaint myself with it.
Lol I finished off my F1 2014 career season, and popped in grid autosport as well.

Daugaard said:

Please enlighten me ;)
Pretty sure Codemasters isn't publishing it anywhere else either, Namco is.
I haven't but mostly because I've had other things too do but I'll probably be throwing in a few races on 2010 as well but any practice is good practice I asy besides it's helping me get in the mood to dive in when the disc comes.

Good observation. The hud of the photo is indentical to the previous one which suggest CM has confirmed the use of hud in the game. 
I think you'll find the track in question is the new Mexican GP track

I believe that the picture leaked is F12015. The scale of the wheel is differente, looks bigger (and more accurate) than previous games.