Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Despite all the omissions and valid criticisms, reading that article from the official F1 site has me looking to it more, and I was looking forward to it anyway.

Project Cars is a gam I'm very excited about it and the track list is great, but it doesn't have Melbourne, Montreal, Hungary and other tracks so those are a good reason to get 2015 I think.

What's the similarity between John Snow and Codemasters costumers? A: Both know nothing.

This is by far the worse interaction with community and way to promote a game I've ever seen. It's simple pathetic. And they came here sometime ago saying they would make different this time.Yeah, I see.

Publish some FOM opinion like they are something to get excited about is like I ask my mom to write a opinion about me and use that as a proof that I'm good.

If only we had some sort of..hmm 'Community Manager' to give us answers. :@

Higgi91 said:
If only we had some sort of..hmm 'Community Manager' to give us answers. :@
we do but it's not the Community manager's fault it's those working above them that make the decisions.

It sure isn't the community managers fault, but they are the ones in first row on the forums, so they for sure will have some attention in situations like this.

Im actually looking forward to see if the approach on F1 development further on will follow the path Codemasters have gone with DiRT Rally... it looks like those 2 games are as night and day developmentvise.

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/04/dirt-rally-faq/

Quote from blog:
We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process. We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.

This is the way games should be made”

And that is exactly how we feel about it too; we want you to feel like part of the development team and help us build a better game.

They do talk quite a bit of rubbish though, remember that.

The forums have been saying for a few years how great the Live The Life stuff was, wanted all three practice sessions etc. They really don't care much.

Zombie said:
By the way to everyone.... that F1 article in the official site points to positivity. I speculate that this means they are happy with what was submitted by Codies and soon we will get info and footage of game play and trailer(s) ect. otherwise they would have notified Codies of changes they want if the FOM where not happy with aspects of the game and would have never posted that article.

Not to be down on the game again but it means nothing if its on the official website as all the others were also on there website a few weeks before launch. Tbh id be suprised if fom gave a dam about the bugs and features in the previous games as why would codies be allowed to make the wheels come off a car when that is a big NO NO with the fia? Know in a game your not going to injure/kill someone but imo the whole licence is money driven and not what the finished product is. Guess we will know if codies do manage to renew next year and this years game is nothing ground breaking like many by now think it is.

Go Codies goooo

One month to go and still nothing to see about the game!

Great! Keep outperforming yourselves!

They said they were recording videos for presentation. Consider that not only dedicated to this game, they have more and everyone wants to see images. A vote of confidence for CM and his team.  ;)

The vote of confidence should be deserved, not arbitrary. After the abomination F1 2014 was, CM must be fighting for customers' approval and faith in them, not hang them out to dry. For every step forward they have taken in the last 4-5 years, each they have taken a step back. Plus essential stuff like AI, setups, sidepod glitch and handling physics have never reached a point where you can say they are satisfying. Instead of creating hype by giving us info they are conducting some kind of a silent marketing as if their previous work was of the highest quality. 

F1 2014 was unfinished and rushed as much as Battlefield 4 but at least DICE are still supporting it 18 months after release. CM barely touched it. 

I find it laughable that the most substantial piece of information was actually leaked and we were not supposed to see it. And we 5 weeks away from release, are you kidding me? 

VDV23 said:
The vote of confidence should be deserved, not arbitrary. After the abomination F1 2014 was, CM must be fighting for customers' approval and faith in them, not hang them out to dry. For every step forward they have taken in the last 4-5 years, each they have taken a step back. Plus essential stuff like AI, setups, sidepod glitch and handling physics have never reached a point where you can say they are satisfying. Instead of creating hype by giving us info they are conducting some kind of a silent marketing as if their previous work was of the highest quality. 

F1 2014 was unfinished and rushed as much as Battlefield 4 but at least DICE are still supporting it 18 months after release. CM barely touched it. 

I find it laughable that the most substantial piece of information was actually leaked and we were not supposed to see it. And we 5 weeks away from release, are you kidding me? 
To be fair CM were probably contractually obligated to release a game every year by FOM and that is why F1 2014 turned out the way it did but I agree it was poor of them not to at least patch the game once, e.g. the controller assist bug.

Single player, co-op off/online, splitscreen with full grid ??? Or a cut version = 1 of the above with refined grass, pruned bushes, swept paths, polished heads and random roadkill

I got my Project Cars copy. This game is awesome. Forget everything about this crap Codemasters F1 series. Playing Project Car's Formula A is like day and night. I don't know how somebody feels when he drives an real F1 car for the first time but I guess it's similar.

Get Project Cars and forget F1 2015.

Something else Codemasters probably won't be able to include (as cars are based on Melbourne): http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118807

Unless they can patch it in future...?

Something else Codemasters probably won't be able to include (as cars are based on Melbourne): http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118807

A livery change?....easy peazy for them I would have thought.

Tourgott said:
I got my Project Cars copy. This game is awesome. Forget everything about this crap Codemasters F1 series. Playing Project Car's Formula A is like day and night. I don't know how somebody feels when he drives an real F1 car for the first time but I guess it's similar.

Get Project Cars and forget F1 2015.
Well I'll be getting both games but how do you know that F1 2015 will be crap? Have you played it yet?

The Patching process is very long based on the past.. from submitting to Sony and Microsoft they take there sweet time to make updates live for companies like Codies. I am saying this based on the patching process on the past titles that have had one or more patches in the past... and it took forever. Its not that easy. Hopefully this year its quicker.

IIRC they already said livery updates will be included with the patches.

Zombie said:

The Patching process is very long based on the past.. from submitting to Sony and Microsoft they take there sweet time to make updates live for companies like Codies. I am saying this based on the patching process on the past titles that have had one or more patches in the past... and it took forever. Its not that easy. Hopefully this year its quicker.

Wasn't thinking about the convoluted submission process involved in console patches tbh, since I'm on PC.

The only thing Codemasters and how long will laugh at those customers?

Falcon444

Zombie said:

Wasn't thinking about the convoluted submission process involved in console patches tbh, since I'm on PC.
Takes about 2 weeks on average for a patch to pass or fail.