Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Recommended Posts

@justbiglee thanks for doing everything today but whilst your asking these 'technical questions' i wouldnt mine knowing about the game being able to auto record the last 30 seconds on xbox one like the fifa games, for example when you overtake, get an in game penalty, crash and anything else the community think of. 

Fifa do it fantastically when you score or get tackled.
I've had it happen to me while playing so I know it does it but I'll find out under what conditions for such things happen for you.

Juice29 said:
@justbiglee Any details on the career mode
Nothing more to share other than what's in the first post at this time. We've got Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.

To those asking about formation laps let me find out for you all in the morning (sorry I don't know the answer).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmpaw37 said:
hola said:
ukfan758 said:
Will there be formation laps? 
  is that your greatest concern seriously


Members are allowed to ask their questions just the same as anyone else...Aren't they...?

Chances are you would most likely be pleased should Codemasters include them - adds to the immersion don't you think?

There're far more important priorities than fu***** formation laps or other stupid stuff some people are always asking for. For starters we still need to see If the thousand problems the old engine had simulating stuff like a complex F1 race have been sorted at long last. After that if the drving physcis are good; the mechanics behind tyre wear, mechanical damage, weather the old bugs here, there, etc.

That^, and only that^, is what truly matters now. A game working flawlessly as a whole. If those problems didn't jump into this "new" engine, then you may start asking for the typical stupid fanatical stuff like formation laps and the always retarded safety car. But first, please, a game that works as intended.

Hughesy said:
I guess from the lack of an answer to three of us, there is no voice interaction on PC.
Seems that way, sucks :(

@justbiglee Any chance you could answer this please? :kissing_closed_eyes: 
At the moment no, as it currently stands on PC the engineer will give you updates as you race but you can't request them using any kind of voice control. As I'm sure you guys are aware its been a hot topic this afternoon and by far the most asked question. 

As I'm sure you are all aware I'm no developer so I won't try and fob you off with an answer. I will do my best to get a technical answer on it from the studio for you tomorrow and I will obviously be passing your feedback on.

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.

I'm a PC player (too) and I understand perfectly why voice command/chat coms with engineers may not be making It for the PC version, and why this will be only on ps4/xb1 through their respective ps4 camera and Kinect peripheral.

Requests like these are indeed the kind of questions you should avoid directly, because they signal very clearly that some people is just stupid.

The only things that should matter to PC gamers like me are:

a) That the game is properly developed for this platform, and doesn't end up being some poorly optimized port with very high CPU usage (consolized PC port)

b) List of supported wheels.

c) No DRM.

The question is..., will you at meet at least point a), Codemasters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.
No that fairs enough, thanks for answering. I'd probably be telling the engineer to shut up I know what I'm doing, like a certain F1 driver :joy: 
Luke Earlier today @Britpoint kind of confirmed that the lack of this feature was down to built-in voice recognition technology on the Xbox and PS4. 

If the voice commands work very well in game then I would love if the dev team looked into some other systems such as Google's or... don't know what else is out there... Does Windows have one? Is Cortana the thing that will be Win 10?

I do like that the focus of the announcement were the enhancements to the handling physics and perhaps a mode specifically for the more hardcore players. I can't wait to see this game in motion (the screen from Singapore at night looks fantastic) and perhaps hearing more about a drive to make the next game behave better online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@justbiglee thanks for doing everything today but whilst your asking these 'technical questions' i wouldnt mine knowing about the game being able to auto record the last 30 seconds on xbox one like the fifa games, for example when you overtake, get an in game penalty, crash and anything else the community think of. 

Fifa do it fantastically when you score or get tackled.
I've had it happen to me while playing so I know it does it but I'll find out under what conditions for such things happen for you.

Juice29 said:
@justbiglee Any details on the career mode
Nothing more to share other than what's in the first post at this time. We've got Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.

To those asking about formation laps let me find out for you all in the morning (sorry I don't know the answer).
Wait are you saying that on F1 2015 or Fifa has auto recorded whilst you where playing? Thanks for replying and it be great feature to help online leagues with any incidents or creating highlighta video from online races without having to keep pausing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mmpaw37 said:

Right @PeteTheDuck, any chance for the sticky thread...

Yep, I'll put one up hopefully at the weekend and I'll be adding to it whenever I can. I've got a ridiculous amount of coursework due in tomorrow so I've not had the chance to read the announcement in detail/read all the posts on the forum today, but I'll have more time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like that the focus of the announcement were the enhancements to the handling physics and perhaps a mode specifically for the more hardcore players. I can't wait to see this game in motion (the screen from Singapore at night looks fantastic) and perhaps hearing more about a drive to make the next game behave better online.
Thanks man, as a company and with our racing games in particular we're getting back to what the most important thing is... That feeling of the car on the surface, if that doesn't feel right then the rest of the game doesn't matter.

For what its worth (and I know this won't mean much to some of the F1 forum guys) but Codemasters Physics Programmer, god and all round nice guy @PonchoBillybob worked on the tyre model for the F1 team. I'll let @GentleNameMVB explain to you all just how much that says about how realistic and how seriously we're taking the handling.

EDIT: As for Singapore, yeah you're right it is stunning in that screen - that's nothing compared to seeing it in motion though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@justbiglee

I'm very pleased with the initial announcement and finally having the pleasure to view the very first screen shots of F1 2015 and reading about some of the new features. I see the dedication you have and your willingness to answer questions... so here go the million dollar questions i think most of us want to know:

(if you could be kind to answer these when you legally can... or "if" we have developer diaries again?)

1- Will we have formation laps finally?

2- Improved Damage Model. Talks to us about some of the improvements you have done on this subject.

3- AI Behavior.: Are they quicker in the first lap? Do they make more mistakes? Will they trigger the SC more?

4- Safety Car AI Behavior: Will it come out more often during incidents? (I have every title of Formula 1 from Codemasters since the Safety Car feature was first implemented... think i have seen it about 10 times since then. Unless i trigger it myself on purpose and even then its a hard task.)

5- The reintroduction of all practice sessions.

6- Proper Day to night in Abu Dhabi.

That is all i can think of for now. i am sure i will add more to this list later.... plus i will read what other members ask too.

But personally those are my most important in my list. :)

thanks very much for your time

Ed. 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like that the focus of the announcement were the enhancements to the handling physics and perhaps a mode specifically for the more hardcore players. I can't wait to see this game in motion (the screen from Singapore at night looks fantastic) and perhaps hearing more about a drive to make the next game behave better online.
Thanks man, as a company and with our racing games in particular we're getting back to what the most important thing is... That feeling of the car on the surface, if that doesn't feel right then the rest of the game doesn't matter.

For what its worth (and I know this won't mean much to some of the F1 forum guys) but Codemasters Physics Programmer, god and all round nice guy @PonchoBillybob worked on the tyre model for the F1 team. I'll let @GentleNameMVB explain to you all just how much that says about how realistic and how seriously we're taking the handling.

EDIT: As for Singapore, yeah you're right it is stunning in that screen - that's nothing compared to seeing it in motion though.
I hope this is true about the handling, particularly the "feeling of the car on the surface".  That's something we never had with any previous CM release, but from what I've seen in sims, it's very hard to achieve without laser scanned tracks, so we'll see.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know you can't talk about everything... but yes/no - is the co-op gamemode in F1 2015 ? it was'nt mentioned in the anouncement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.
Okay thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.
No that fairs enough, thanks for answering. I'd probably be telling the engineer to shut up I know what I'm doing, like a certain F1 driver :joy: 
Luke Earlier today @Britpoint kind of confirmed that the lack of this feature was down to built-in voice recognition technology on the Xbox and PS4. 

If the voice commands work very well in game then I would love if the dev team looked into some other systems such as Google's or... don't know what else is out there... Does Windows have one? Is Cortana the thing that will be Win 10?

I do like that the focus of the announcement were the enhancements to the handling physics and perhaps a mode specifically for the more hardcore players. I can't wait to see this game in motion (the screen from Singapore at night looks fantastic) and perhaps hearing more about a drive to make the next game behave better online.
You can already use voice commands on Windows 8.1, I myself have used it. It is possible to add it, but I'm not developing the game so I don't know why it isn't. It's not a huge problem for me, but I would like all platforms to have the same features. I don't get upset about these kinds of things, as when you've seen every process a game goes through when being made (ive been with Project Cars since the beginning) you learn that nothing is simple, no matter how small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daugaard said:
I know you can't talk about everything... but yes/no - is the co-op gamemode in F1 2015 ? it was'nt mentioned in the anouncement...
I don't have any info to share on the multiplayer at the moment sorry @Daugaard, rest assured we'll be talking about it over the next few weeks/months  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Allright... thanks for a straight up answer... will be looking forward to any news, game looks tight ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No problem @Daugaard.

To everybody else I'm really sorry all but I'm totally beat and need to go to bed, feel free to keep posting your questions and I'll answer what I can in the morning.

Please keep in mind that unless you've read something in the first post of this thread, posted by myself in reply to somebody on here, on the Codies blog or on one of the Codemasters Twitter accounts then treat it as a rumour, the only news we've shared publicly will be in those places.

You've all been awesome today, so glad to finally share news of F1 2015 with you and I'm over the moon you're all excited about it.

Be respectful to each other and I'll see you in the morning.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.
So Career mode has been cut basically? Replaced by putting more emphasis on season challenge/ quick race style options? 

I'm concerned by that. It was where i put the bulk of my hours in previous titles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what its worth (and I know this won't mean much to some of the F1 forum guys) but Codemasters Physics Programmer, god and all round nice guy @PonchoBillybob worked on the tyre model for the F1 team. I'll let @GentleNameMVB explain to you all just how much that says about how realistic and how seriously we're taking the handling.

Out of all the info dropped today the above is by far the best news! :D 

I honestly believe @PonchoBillybob is a magician. I got to try out handling of the next DiRT game, for which the man in question overhauled lots of physics simulation aspects. Let's just say the effects were Special. Special in a very very positive sense.

Tyre model is the area, which can potentially give the biggest 'boost' to how the players feels the car is behaving. If @PonchoBillybob dipped his magical, code-writing and maths-conquering fingers in F1 2015 then I think it may turn out well :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hola said:

mmpaw37 said:
hola said:
ukfan758 said:
Will there be formation laps? 
  is that your greatest concern seriously


Members are allowed to ask their questions just the same as anyone else...Aren't they...?

Chances are you would most likely be pleased should Codemasters include them - adds to the immersion don't you think?

There're far more important priorities than fu***** formation laps or other stupid stuff some people are always asking for. For starters we still need to see If the thousand problems the old engine had simulating stuff like a complex F1 race have been sorted at long last. After that if the drving physcis are good; the mechanics behind tyre wear, mechanical damage, weather the old bugs here, there, etc.

That^, and only that^, is what truly matters now. A game working flawlessly as a whole. If those problems didn't jump into this "new" engine, then you may start asking for the typical stupid fanatical stuff like formation laps and the always retarded safety car. But first, please, a game that works as intended.

Hughesy said:
I guess from the lack of an answer to three of us, there is no voice interaction on PC.
Seems that way, sucks :(

@justbiglee Any chance you could answer this please? :kissing_closed_eyes: 
At the moment no, as it currently stands on PC the engineer will give you updates as you race but you can't request them using any kind of voice control. As I'm sure you guys are aware its been a hot topic this afternoon and by far the most asked question. 

As I'm sure you are all aware I'm no developer so I won't try and fob you off with an answer. I will do my best to get a technical answer on it from the studio for you tomorrow and I will obviously be passing your feedback on.

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.

I'm a PC player (too) and I understand perfectly why voice command/chat coms with engineers may not be making It for the PC version, and why this will be only on ps4/xb1 through their respective ps4 camera and Kinect peripheral.

Requests like these are indeed the kind of questions you should avoid directly, because they signal very clearly that some people is just stupid.

The only things that should matter to PC gamers like me are:

a) That the game is properly developed for this platform, and doesn't end up being some poorly optimized port with very high CPU usage (consolized PC port)

b) List of supported wheels.

c) No DRM.

The question is..., will you at meet at least point a), Codemasters?
It's not a stupid question at all. I've been using an external voice recognition program for years on the PC versions of this game to perform macros like select tyre type, fuel mix, brake bias, return to garage, all sorts of things I choose to program. Thus I would have thought this to be the easiest platform to integrate this into. 

I think it's a big loss as it's clearly one of the big new features. It also worries me that the PC version is going to be an afterthought. 

Thanks to the mod for answering the question forthrightly, however. It's refreshing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thrilll said:
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.
So Career mode has been cut basically? Replaced by putting more emphasis on season challenge/ quick race style options? 

I'm concerned by that. It was where i put the bulk of my hours in previous titles. 
Completely agree. I know we know very little about the game but career mode being axed already makes me unlikely to get the game regardless of what else is in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
APR193 said:
Thrilll said:
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.
So Career mode has been cut basically? Replaced by putting more emphasis on season challenge/ quick race style options? 

I'm concerned by that. It was where i put the bulk of my hours in previous titles. 
Completely agree. I know we know very little about the game but career mode being axed already makes me unlikely to get the game regardless of what else is in
If thawt's true then it's going to make me rethink getting the game too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be fair atleast they have admitted that creating your own driver/career mode has been cut out and not forgotten to mention it, not that they would mention it unless somone had asked.

The whole new tyre model thing sounds really good but unless the AI are effected exactly the same way as the player its an hinderance more than a feature. Previous CMF1 games the AI had a different set of rules to a human player, running on rails in the rain on slicks for example.

You can take that as a question @PonchoBillybob 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×