Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Codemasters, how do you expect your customers to buy a product without showing anything? It has been a year now since you started developing this years edition. We were promised 2014 would be the best title ever, but we heard nothing - apart from posting your own happy talk every now and then.

It's the same old story: the exact same silence after last years edition was released and it turned out to be an overpriced DLC. Based on the current, continuing lack of information, should we assume 2015 will be another disappointment? Wouldn't we receive the first screenshots back in January? We've heard nothing. Nothing!

We demand more information!

Not sure why everyone keeps using this forum to vent their frustration,  CM obviously dont care to come on here and read our posts

Zombie said:
Something else Codemasters probably won't be able to include (as cars are based on Melbourne): http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118807

Unless they can patch it in future...?
A livery change?....easy peazy for them I would have thought.

The Patching process is very long based on the past.. from submitting to Sony and Microsoft they take there sweet time to make updates live for companies like Codies. I am saying this based on the patching process on the past titles that have had one or more patches in the past... and it took forever. Its not that easy. Hopefully this year its quicker.

Sony allows publishers to self publish updates, not sure about Microsoft but on PC patches have never been a problem.

mmpaw37 said:

My guess it will be similar to DiRT Rally...

...Just look at the response that has had within its community; and sim racing reviewers alike, I haven't heard a bad word about it yet...and I can certainly vouch for it's greatness! ;)

Thanks @Codemasters  :)

From the little of the game I've played its great, the only downside (hardly one at all) that I have noticed is that it was made on an older version of the ego engine than F1 2015 so the graphics are not amazing for that reason.

Codemasters, how do you expect your customers to buy a product without showing anything? It has been a year now since you started developing this years edition.
I'd guess it's actually considerably longer than that. They'll have been working on next-gen stuff long before 2014 came out, I think.

mmpaw37 said:

My guess it will be similar to DiRT Rally...

My guess is it won't be, at least not this year. Rallying is a comparatively niche sport compared to F1, so they have less to lose by trying out something a bit different with that franchise. Plus I'd imagine the licensors they have to deal with for DiRT are far less control-freaky than FOM.

But if Rally proves to be a runaway success then yes, perhaps Codies will be able to go to FOM when the F1 licence is up for renewal next year with some sales facts and figures and say "see, this is what driving game fans really want".

They are lucky, at least for the time being that PCARS currently has a load of bugs to sort out so a lot of people may not have been swayed just yet.  

Project Cars Formula A is awesome.
You can't even touch another car slightly without damaging your suspension. What a difference to this Codemasters shit.

JJRosso said:
Not sure why everyone keeps using this forum to vent their frustration,  CM obviously dont care to come on here and read our posts
Like minded complainers

JJRosso said:
Like minded complainers

oh, the irony.

Haha typical, can play part of the game if your there, but no news, trailer... NOTHING... I actually with some hope at the start of this week thought yes surely Friday will be the day for something... But no,

there seems to be a lot of support for the new pc based dirt rally game so hopefully F1 2015 will get the same treatment.

I remember Luke (HATTA) saying when the new F1 game was announced that it would not be called F1 2015 and everyone was rather excited surrounding this mystery, also there would be a brand new engine, an early season release date with multiple digital updates throughout the season.

Lets hope so....I just got my copy of project cars a little ahead of North American release schedule on PS4... been playing it for 2 days and its bug ridden. Sound drops... stuttering issues... AI all over the place. Having the guys getting it right with Dirt Rally and having positive support from the community rather then big magazines gives me a little bit more hope that F1 2015 might not be too bad. But i do understand that DR was made on the old engine rather then the new one. And much like a real car engine that is unknown and new.... problems can be present. 

Zombie said:
Lets hope so....I just got my copy of project cars a little ahead of North American release schedule on PS4... been playing it for 2 days and its bug ridden. Sound drops... stuttering issues... AI all over the place. Having the guys getting it right with Dirt Rally and having positive support from the community rather then big magazines gives me a little bit more hope that F1 2015 might not be too bad. But i do understand that DR was made on the old engine rather then the new one. And much like a real car engine that is unknown and new.... problems can be present. 

It looks really good on EGO 3.0

@Restricted do we really expect anything though lol I yes was a fool last few weeks while others have been moaning getting pissed off Etc I still kept a tiny bit of faith that we may be rewarded at some point but no, I have lost all interest in this game if that's what you want to even call it, I seriously hope codemasters report all time loses and fold, there fucking useless at every aspect of this. 

Zombie said:

completely agree with this, the frame rate issues makes it unplayable, specially with a pad. @justbiglee is ignoring this forum! Shame really as he is community manager. He's ignoring people on Twitter too. Suppose we just have to wait until "June" which I can't see happening. Game needs to go gold pretty munch now and with no gameplay or trailer, this has got "delayed" written all over it.

Honestly, I think they would be doing themselves a massive favor to delay it and use the time to add a career mode. Even a shallow 2014 style career would do wonders for winning back lost customers. 

Honestly, I think they would be doing themselves a massive favor to delay it and use the time to add a career mode. Even a shallow 2014 style career would do wonders for winning back lost customers. 
Exactly, when looking at the game compared to games like project cars, an official career mode is one of the things it has going for it.

It would be nice to see a more transparent/open development phase in the future.  More and more software houses seem to be adopting the limited/open beta testing approach.  Maybe licensing restrictions prevent this.  Evolve or die.