Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

It would be nice to see a more transparent/open development phase in the future.  More and more software houses seem to be adopting the limited/open beta testing approach.  Maybe licensing restrictions prevent this.  Evolve or die.

I don't think that is the problem because JustBigLee is quite active in the Dirty Rally community in this forum. The lack of info and communication shows he does not care at all... he promised us a list of things. So far he has not keept his word on a single thing. Start typing or writing your letters to FOM.

A proper company that cares about its customers.. should issue a proper official statement informing its customers of any delays in showing content. Im sorry but... "Sorry we are not ready yet because there is a process.. but all assets have been submitted" sounds like a statement issued by a 5th grader. Time keeps passing by we have seen no footage and we know nothing only seen pictures and text. Eve if they are "holding" because they might have something "magical" in store for us....the communication has totally failed, something needs to be done soon. My hopes for this game are almost to zero and its sad. People want to know what they are buying before they get it.. not after its been pre ordered and then you get a game you possibly do not like and will never play it again, wasted money. Dirty move.

Zombie said:
Start typing or writing your letters to FOM.
Writing to one bunch of numpties to complain about a different bunch of numpties hardly seems worth the effort, tbh.

People actually think FOM give a toss about a game, it's not even a blip on their radar, they probably just get some office monkeys to "sign off" on stuff or whatever codemasters make us believe  / use as an excuse for not implementing a game feature.

some people are so naïve

hardly naive.... The Formula 1 registered trademark and brand is a very protected and valued name with global attention.  Even if they had "office monkeys" signing off things to the Codemasters company it is surely a qualified employee. From a simple car livery to track layouts to meet FOM requirements.  One thing i know for sure is that Codemasters works very closely with each team. Still explains nothing on all this silence.

The fact that F1 2014 got approved for release makes me think that FOM couldn't care less about the game. 

lol "FOM requirements"   .. please.

codies: "hey FOM will you please sign our game off please ?   look I know that in the game the wheels can still fly off into the earths atmosphere under an impact and you all spent millions developing safety measures to prevent such a thing and would probably like that showcased in the game it's self to show our safety innovations, but we just can't be bothered, that cool?"

FOM: "sure,  where do I sign again?"

10Tenths said:

lol "FOM requirements"   .. please.

codies: "hey FOM will you please sign our game off please ?   look I know that in the game the wheels can still fly off into the earths atmosphere under an impact and you all spent millions developing safety measures to prevent such a thing and would probably like that showcased in the game it's self to show our safety innovations, but we just can't be bothered, that cool?"

FOM: "sure,  where do I sign again?"

Nevermind tought u where trying to have a real conversation.

its ok, I thought you weren't being naïve. 

protip:  it's called banter.    don't get so butthurt on an internet forum.

@Zombie

No idea why you keep putting your own posts in quotes. Frustrating to read.

And FOM will not care about a few complaints. Races get given to places like Azerbaijan for god sake!

VDV23 said:
The fact that F1 2014 got approved for release makes me think that FOM couldn't care less about the game. 
If they approved 2013, they could hardly not approve 2014, given that it was basically the same game...

Come on codies....now it's your opportunity to show off what you been working on. project cars or and it looks like a victim of its own ambition and hype.....great foundation but still work to be done.....let's see if f1 2015 does better.

F1 2015 Is One Month Away And No Major News Or Gameplay. Black Ops 3 Is 6 Month Away And Look At The Information Already Released About That Game, Yeah Its A Bigger Game, But Id Rather Have Something To Be Excited About And Have An Urge To Play The Game Rather Than Have A Annual Sport Series Game Delaying/ Hiding/ Lacking In Information/ Gameplay Releases!.

There seems to be a development in leemather;'s twitter account. Apperantly someone asked him about footage and info... he said he is going to get a big load of info next week. BUT it is NOT up to him when he is allowed to show it.

Wtf still no info on a game that comes out in about 30 days! Its pretty obvious cm have nothing to show or they would of done it by now. Ive been playing P cars all weekend and wow that game is amazing, Maybe cm know they cant even come close to that game so hoping ppl will pre order and take a chance on 15 being the storm they promised :) Id guess its just shit but thats my opinion. I honestly thought this weekend we would get info as P cars is out so obviously not namco stopping any info being released either. Ill still pop back to look at the forum now and again but with P cars out I see no need to buy another half arsed game from a company who clearly dont give a fuck about the product they make! 

Are you guys actually still around here? Leave them alone with their crap game. They obviously don't care and they're lying to their customers. So why would you care?
Play PCars and be lucky!

Please just explain the delay in info - at least talk and explain in depth about your first released info (26th March)

Thing is, everyone should know this by now. But people will still forget and go back to complaining in a few hours of no information. If there's no info at the start of the week, there more than likely won't be for that week.

mmpaw37 said:

Well everyone...Good day!

I have been informed by @TheLeeMather and @LiteralZero about the lack of forthcoming information, and why there seems to be a 'hold up'...

As you all may know, all assets have to be subjected to testing and scrutiny; following that comes the inevitable FOM(and other parties) signing off period - which is why periods of inactivity unfortunately takes place.

They have assured me that although CM themselves have passed all assets in-house, they still have to be approved by the governing bodies and that in itself takes the majority of the time.

They've also said that until they have a definitive 'all clear' by those involved, any further information has to be withheld - They have many things to show us but have restrictions, hence the silence.

When you ask in a polite manner especially on Twitter, generally you get a reply; and of which is very informative...

I also requested that it would be a good thought to reply to members within this forum with the questions they have asked..., However I've had no response in relation to that request.

So, all-in-all we just have to play the waiting game(as frustrating as that may be), but at least from my perspective, at least I have a better understanding now than when I did a few weeks ago! ;)

P.S. I did ask if it could be a possibility of some information this week, however as always, it's really out of Codemasters' hands... 

- If all the signing process takes so long, then send them earlier.Everyone here knows since 2010 that this "FOM needs to sign..blabla" takes a looong time, they can't say that as if it was a surprise.

- When you say that If we were polite, they maybe would answer somethings is absolutely bizarre.They're acting like they are doing us a FAVOR.Business is not a favor.And we also are not giving them nothing.This behavior "Oh, If you ask me politely, I can consider giving you the honor to buy my product" is ridiculous.

p.s: I'm not saying we shouldn't be polite.I just will never agree that we need to threat them like superstars and massage their egos to get a minor information that could turn in a decision to buy the game.

If any of that is even true then surely the smart thing to do would be to tell everyone this before people start asking questions and complaining before feeding everyone this 'FOM' sob story, if these guys have time to give the information on twitter, why not make that info clear to everyone and post it on the forums, it seems stupid people are resorting to looking around on twitter for scraps of information when it could have all been nicely put in a thread on the forums.