Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

I don't see why @justbiglee or @leemather don't come on and just say why there's no info. Personally would prefer to know that there's no info 

10Tenths said:

If any of that is even true then surely the smart thing to do would be to tell everyone this before people start asking questions and complaining before feeding everyone this 'FOM' sob story, if these guys have time to give the information on twitter, why not make that info clear to everyone and post it on the forums, it seems stupid people are resorting to looking around on twitter for scraps of information when it could have all been nicely put in a thread on the forums. 

Maybe people on the forums are not polite enough....

Yeah, they're really going to potentially hurt their profits and public image  because a few people on the internet aren't playing nice.

Hello,

I am aware of Codemasters obligations regarding the FOM but it is wrong not to hold these customers informed.

Furthermore on the demands made on the forum it is completely wrong to say that requests are made maliciously, I fully agree that certain message are limited but strength to ask 100 times the same thing without no information I understand the irritation of some forum members.

The explanations are unacceptable and for my by I never buy a product from a company that handles these customers that way.

Falcon4444

None of  it really makes sense, whatever you believe.

so back in the earlier days, they constantly released info, video's, dev diaries blah blah but recently all of a sudden they tell us crap like "oh it all has to be signed off blah blah"

the more likely truth is, the company isn't doing so well, they have a large staff turnover ( which I know for a fact )  and a lot of people are being moved around internally, thus causing problems like what we're experiencing

Thing is, everyone should know this by now. But people will still forget and go back to complaining in a few hours of no information. If there's no info at the start of the week, there more than likely won't be for that week.
They should and do, they just choose to continuously mouth off.
I'm not sure what's a bigger disgrace, Codemasters over the past few years or people on this forum acting so entitled. It's pathetic. It actually makes me feel a bit for Codemasters staff and I shouldn't feel bad for them at all.

They'll be the ones feeling bad after they lose their jobs when the company goes bust because they failed to promote the game and no one bought it.

ive never heard as much tosh, no other game blames the license as much
It's because the FOM tries to rule everything with dictatorship.

I'm starting to hate FOM compared to other racing series. At Youtube, for example, DTM posts full race recaps and onboard sessions, which is amazing of course in case you missed the race or want a replay from a different angle. FOM, however, hides all footage on their website - only accessible when you pay regularly to view a few selected videos (from the massive amount of footage that is recorded during a Grand Prix weekend).

I would like to see an Indycar game...I imagine they would allow driver transfers, better damage model and would be a lot lighter in terms of holding things...

I'm starting to hate FOM compared to other racing series. At Youtube, for example, DTM posts full race recaps and onboard sessions, which is amazing of course in case you missed the race or want a replay from a different angle. FOM, however, hides all footage on their website - only accessible when you pay regularly to view a few selected videos (from the massive amount of footage that is recorded during a Grand Prix weekend).
Yeah I think that's the problem. I think it's their insistence to being control freaks is the problem here after al a lot of the stuff thaqt has been asked for here isn't in the game. I don't think it's entirely CM's fault because I think driver transfers and choosing our own number would be done if it was allowed. Most of these things I'd suspect would be very easy to implement and obviously are incorporated into a lot of games like Fifa/NBA/NHL because obviously it's been allowed there. I do find it strange that the FIA/FOM would behave in such a way because a lot of the ideas that have been put forward on this forum have been pretty good ones, and could be implemented easily if the license wasn't so strict.

I do find it strange that the FIA/FOM would behave in such a way because a lot of the ideas that have been put forward on this forum have been pretty good ones, and could be implemented easily if the license wasn't so strict.

codemasters don't help themselves SJ, we have to trust in what they say as we cant read the license.  each time I take codies at there word and each time a few months later the words change. last year for example luke spring made a big point of telling us the new game would not be called F1 2015, few months later its called F1 2015. funny how luke is now gone! 

tMansell said:
I would like to see an Indycar game...I imagine they would allow driver transfers, better damage model and would be a lot lighter in terms of holding things...
I fully agree. I think CM or any developer will have a better chance with the "immersion" aspect if they created an Indycar game. Indycar has less restrictions to their series.  

Yeah I think that's the problem. I think it's their insistence to being control freaks is the problem here after al a lot of the stuff thaqt has been asked for here isn't in the game. I don't think it's entirely CM's fault because I think driver transfers and choosing our own number would be done if it was allowed. Most of these things I'd suspect would be very easy to implement and obviously are incorporated into a lot of games like Fifa/NBA/NHL because obviously it's been allowed there. I do find it strange that the FIA/FOM would behave in such a way because a lot of the ideas that have been put forward on this forum have been pretty good ones, and could be implemented easily if the license wasn't so strict.
You say that, yet we have lost career mode. So it might not be restrictions from FOM keeping number changes from happening. We'll never know, unless it winds up in the game one day.

FOM control so much it took years before F1 was even broadcast in HD! Football had it for years before Bernie thought it was worth it. 

FOM control so much it took years before F1 was even broadcast in HD! Football had it for years before Bernie thought it was worth it. 

It was not a question of... when are they going HD. it was money. Anything with Bernie is money. They would have gone HD sooner but Bernie is cheap. Thats all its not about control.

This company is a joke.... simple as that. first time in history in the F1 franchise that information takes this long to be delivered to customers. Any company that cares about its customers would issue some official statement informing customers of delays and progress. Not having its own customers and forum members having to fish for information on twitter. BigLee.... Britpoint and everyone else in the Codemasters staff. your a disgrace to this motor sport and to your own customers. Your comany stinks.... the quality of gaming stinks since 2010. The way you treat us stinks. In addition i would like to point out to everyone the funny price F1 2015 has been put up for pre order. I would barely pay 10 bucks for this game... they are thiefs. They really expect us to dish out that much money on a game we have no info about? yeah right... go get hit by a truck.

project cars is £44 at Tesco right now, f1 2015 is advertised as pre order in Tesco for £46. with the amount of content on project cars I just don't see how I can justify paying more money for less of a game.

@SamuelTrautman you'll realise when you play it that project cars isn't all it's been hyped up to be, I don't see how everyone is raving about it, the ai are just stupid frustrating idiotic at times, yes I know it's only just come out but the bugs that are in at are terrible, sound, frame rate, seriously I could go on for a long time at how terrible it is, even to the point where I had my wheel turned completely left and the steering on the game went full lock right then tried it with a pad and the same thing happens, seems quite a common issue reading through some forums, you can't even go in a straight line without correcting the car 1000 times and then just completely ending in a tank slapper... 

You say that, yet we have lost career mode. So it might not be restrictions from FOM keeping number changes from happening. We'll never know, unless it winds up in the game one day.

I do agree with that and I'm not saying CM are completely blameless as I don't think that they are but a lot of the problems I think that CM are having with  a lot of suggestions on this forum is going against what  the FOM are allowing them to do. We'd only know for sure if we knew what the license entailed. But I do think that if FOM eased up on the reins and allowed CM to use some creativity we might actually get a better game all round.

I do find it strange that the FIA/FOM would behave in such a way because a lot of the ideas that have been put forward on this forum have been pretty good ones, and could be implemented easily if the license wasn't so strict.

codemasters don't help themselves SJ, we have to trust in what they say as we cant read the license.  each time I take codies at there word and each time a few months later the words change. last year for example luke spring made a big point of telling us the new game would not be called F1 2015, few months later its called F1 2015. funny how luke is now gone! 

Maybe but what exactly are CM supposed to do? It's not exactly easy for them to do anything about it. The only other option wou8ld be to forget about doing an F1 game in the first place. I think they're only going along with it as they know a lot of people do want to play F1 games. I admit that a lot of excitement has gone out of it thanks to 2014 and the lack of career mode in 2015 but it is what it is. I'm pretty sure they'd give us moer if they could but in this instance I fear it's CM's hands that are tied

Even if FOM restrictions are in place about what they can show, can the same restrictions apply to what the game includes/answering peoples questions or very simply pop on here and give an update as to why the community has again been ignored? 

Why should people go and search Twitter on peoples accounts when the OFFICIAL forum of the game should contain any updates.  Why are people like Lee allowed (which I'm not against by the way) to update on the game but the same update and more cannot be posted on the forums.  Meanwhile the offical @formulaonegame twitter feed is posting guess the track questions.  

Communication has got worse and worse and despite promises that it's going to change, it has reverted back to the days of the past few years, big announcement then silence.  Not a great way to build customer loyalty especially when there are so many currently undecided as to get the new game based on previous years editions/behavior by Codies regarding bugs and patches.  

It really doesn't send the right message to the customer that they "care" about the community.  A lot of people have been patient with Codemasters over the years but as the years have gone on with less content in their games and even less interaction between developers and the community people its sad to see.  

I remember being here when Codies announced they had the license, and being invited to London for the 2010 reveal, thinking Codies might take the series into the future, now its a case of whatever here's the game now give us your money, with games lacking features games 15 years and older had.

Delpheac said:
@SamuelTrautman you'll realise when you play it that project cars isn't all it's been hyped up to be, I don't see how everyone is raving about it, the ai are just stupid frustrating idiotic at times, yes I know it's only just come out but the bugs that are in at are terrible, sound, frame rate, seriously I could go on for a long time at how terrible it is, even to the point where I had my wheel turned completely left and the steering on the game went full lock right then tried it with a pad and the same thing happens, seems quite a common issue reading through some forums, you can't even go in a straight line without correcting the car 1000 times and then just completely ending in a tank slapper... 
That was quite a long botty burp!

I think all this talk about FOM and license issues is BS!  Has anyone played F1 Race Stars on iOS? It has official cars and drivers, yet you drive as an unknown driver for a fictional team. Why can't CM implement that in F1 2015 is beyond me. 

Maybe but what exactly are CM supposed to do? It's not exactly easy for them to do anything about it. The only other option wou8ld be to forget about doing an F1 game in the first place. I think they're only going along with it as they know a lot of people do want to play F1 games. I admit that a lot of excitement has gone out of it thanks to 2014 and the lack of career mode in 2015 but it is what it is. I'm pretty sure they'd give us moer if they could but in this instance I fear it's CM's hands that are tied

it feels like they forgot about it tho lol and I agree with what you say SJ

Just wish we didn't get all that bs last year, new engine=updated ego, early season release=mid season release, not called F1 2015= will be called F1 2015 im just sick of it and wont pay much attention to anything codies says as they will probably change there mind tomorrow. im still doubtful that it will be released in June, a demo version was available for the press to play in the codies studio, why not make it live and let us demo it, crazy! apparently it was just 1 track, singapore, 1 car, 1 weather condition, sounds like a demo we could all be playing and giving them heads up via this forum. why is there no early access like dirt rally? they just keep making bad choices and if project cars is what I expect it to be im pretty sure im done with the F1 series from codies.