Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

mmpaw37 said:

In regards to Project Cars...

A friend of mine rang me last night and told me he had purchased it, and after a few tweaking with his wheel, he's managed to get it somewhat perfect(or so he says).

I am going to visit him after work and see what this PCars is like for myself; however from the reaction from him, he didn't sound to enthusiastic and has said it needs a lot of tweaking. He has a decent system so i'm not sure what he really means but, he did say that the graphics and framerate are a slight issue.

He'd explained that you have to spend so much time messing about with the graphics settings - then you have to restart the game when you've applied those settings and it takes a lifetime..., but again I will see for myself what he means later on.

TBH..., from what he said I don't think I will be purchasing it...

tweaking the settings, is that not normal for pc gaming? I wouldn't know being a plug and play gamer, just don't have the time to spend messing about with pc's

my face when people still thinking this is all FOM's fault because of "muh license restrictions"

mmpaw37 said:

A friend of mine rang me last night and told me he had purchased it, and after a few tweaking with his wheel, he's managed to get it somewhat perfect(or so he says).

I am going to visit him after work and see what this PCars is like for myself; however from the reaction from him, he didn't sound to enthusiastic and has said it needs a lot of tweaking. He has a decent system so i'm not sure what he really means but, he did say that the graphics and framerate are a slight issue.

He'd explained that you have to spend so much time messing about with the graphics settings - then you have to restart the game when you've applied those settings and it takes a lifetime..., but again I will see for myself what he means later on.

I think if you like a good relatively easy to get into sim then you'll enjoy it. I didn't find myself having to play around with the graphics settings to much at first I had a problem with the spray flickering when I was doing a wet race but it just needed some tweaks to the Anti Aliasing settings I had set up which I resolved but aside from that it pretty much worked out of the box framerate wise it looks good for me as I do have a fairly decent card in the GTX 770 4gb. But obviously everybody is different.

mmpaw37 said:

Well everyone...Good day!

I have been informed by @TheLeeMather and @LiteralZero about the lack of forthcoming information, and why there seems to be a 'hold up'...

As you all may know, all assets have to be subjected to testing and scrutiny; following that comes the inevitable FOM(and other parties) signing off period - which is why periods of inactivity unfortunately takes place.

coolieboy said:
I think all this talk about FOM and license issues is BS!  Has anyone played F1 Race Stars on iOS? It has official cars and drivers, yet you drive as an unknown driver for a fictional team. Why can't CM implement that in F1 2015 is beyond me. 
Nobody has said they can't. We know they can, as they've done it in every other F1 game. They've just chosen not to for this one, supposedly because it would break the immersive experience they're trying to create with all the new driver specific commentary lines and animations. Time will tell.

As for closed press demos, they're not unique to CM by a long chalk. Nobody expected a public demo this time around because they've never done one before... I'd say that's the least of most people's concerns about the game.

after all you have said the last 2 weeks im beginning to think codies have paid you off to stay quiet, lol

the whole game feels unfinished? well at least they have something in common with codies :-)

every race with ai is as you say "awkward" its the multiplayer that counts for me and from what I see it looks really good

Nobody has said they can't. We know they can, as they've done it in every other F1 game. They've just chosen not to for this one, supposedly because it would break the immersive experience they're trying to create with all the new driver specific commentary lines and animations. Time will tell.

As for closed press demos, they're not unique to CM by a long chalk. Nobody expected a public demo this time around because they've never done one before...

except the one demo they did do in 2012 lol

and I honestly cant remember ever having a fictional team to play in, can you remind me what year that was, lol

edited, didn't think @scottishwildcat would reply to this

mmpaw37 said:

Ahh the advantages of consoles lol

mmpaw37 said:
and a little too much like Assetto Corsa for my liking. The handling isn't that bad but again, it just feels the same as AC - 
not sure if serious

The version of P Cars you played must be different to mine which is bizarre. I have played extensively thus far and experienced none of the problems you mentioned. I'm still getting F1 2015 though.

Project Cars AI is the best AI in any racing game I've ever seen. They even try to force you into a mistake.
Sometimes they're a little bit too aggressive but that's a very small issue compared to the ridiculous AI we know from CM. I'm pretty sure their new AI in F1 2015 will be not much improved.

Well using a ps3 controller will give you a bad experience no matter how good a driving game is, using a ps4 or xbox 360/xb1 controller is like playing a different game... And that is coming from a Sony guy.

The situation with the recent lack of communication is disappointing, but the reason of FOM holding up has come up in the past with previous games. I personally do think it is a legitimate reason and I get a feeling the team is forbidden from complaining about the hold up or from expressing when they expect to have the all-clear.

When the game was announced (it feels like its already been a while), @justbiglee @Britpoint and @LiteralZero were open and answered questions. I don't think they stopped replying, because they suddenly became bad people - it must be down to higher powers...

I have high hopes that the F1 2015 will be a major step forward and that it will be a success, which will help Codemasters keep on going and creating games from my favourite genre - racing. Of course, I do agree that creating a bit more hype would help them as in case of this game they really need it to sell.
Whatever the reason is for the communication breakdown hopefully it eases off soon.

DiRT Rally turned out very well, because it is a result of listening to what the customers asked for. The release format on Steam Early Access is the right one in these circumstances: perfect a potentially nichee game on PC before gauging interest for it on consoles and then invest into porting it.

With the F1 game the path is very different. F1 2015 is surely a result of a large investment, it will release on all major current platforms and it is a part of licencing deal. I think the communication and promotion of F1 2015 will be VERY different to DiRT Rally.

In any case the scheduled release is just around the corner - hopefully the game is progressing well and we're close to hearing more. If the game is full of bugs, please delay the release - buggy games do not go down well with customers...

One thing in CM's favour might be that in quite a few videos I've seen of both sim racers and F1 YouTubers playing Project Cars, they've said that of all the cars in the game they've tried, the Formula A car in particular just feels "wrong".  (Even ignoring the silliness of being able to use DRS anywhere during a race.)

One thing in CM's favour might be that in almost every video I've seen of people playing Project Cars, they've said the Formula A car just feels "wrong", not to mention the silliness of being able to use DRS anywhere during a race.
Who said FA "feels" wrong? Obviously I've never driven a F1 car but for me it feels much more realistic than CM's F1. For PCars it all depends on the correct settings.
As for DRS: It's based on the 2011 rules, when DRS was allowed anywhere in Qualifying. I'm pretty happy they're allowing it in the race too, because DRS is just bullshit so it gives great racing with equivalent cars and not just push-to-pass fake overtakes. Slipstream is still too much in Pcars, though. It's a known bug and will be fixed soon.

mmpaw37 said:
The version of P Cars you played must be different to mine which is bizarre. I have played extensively thus far and experienced none of the problems you mentioned. I'm still getting F1 2015 though.

Well obviously I played the same game, however its good that you didn't experience those particular issues...must be sporadic...?

But yeah, I am not impressed personally speaking, and I won't be making the purchase as to be honest, its just not my cup of tea. The 'Gran Turismo' esque feel to it just doesn't feel right - so was Assetto corsa and rFactor..., however I preferred the latter of the two.

TBH..., F1 2015 can't come quick enough now and I know for sure Codemasters will not let us down, regardless of the lack of communication; This whole feeling I have which has that DiRT Rally type of release has without doubt made me personally feel both excited and relaxed! ;)

I know @Codemasters will not let the fans down...I KNOW IT! ;)

Hmmm maybe. The might pull the rabbit out of the hat yet concerning F1 2015. But I wouldn't bet my house on it come think of it I wouldn't bet on it at all. I purchased all the F1 games, 2014 for me was the biggest disappointment of all of them. Waited for that patch. Give them time I said. They wont let us down. Well history tells us a different story.

This year for the first time in six years the hype (Well there is no hype because there is no communication)  and the excitement is not there for me. I'm not really bothered if the game is even released this year never mind next month. Why I here you ask. PROJECT CARS. That's why, I never have had more excitement, Overwhelmed, Euphoric and exuberant about this game in all my years of gaming. SMS listened to the community and give them what the wanted and more. Furthermore I know this game will receive support from the developers over the months ahead.

Deep down I hope Codemasters can deliver. But what I heard so far has not filled me with confidence at all.

Now can you please excuse me I hear someone calling me from inside my PS4.  Project cars.

One thing in CM's favour might be that in quite a few videos I've seen of both sim racers and F1 YouTubers playing Project Cars, they've said that of all the cars in the game they've tried, the Formula A car in particular just feels "wrong".  (Even ignoring the silliness of being able to use DRS anywhere during a race.)
Team VVV vids elude to its handling greatness and I agree. I have driven many different cars on track days including Formula Ford, Formula Audi, Formula BMW, Formula 1 (1996 Benetton) plus many other open wheel and race cars and also agree with The Stig. The handling in Project Cars is incredibly realistic.

Tourgott said:
One thing in CM's favour might be that in almost every video I've seen of people playing Project Cars, they've said the Formula A car just feels "wrong", not to mention the silliness of being able to use DRS anywhere during a race.
Who said FA "feels" wrong? 
Off the top of my head, I think YouTubers EmptyBox and AOR Fisi (who both do a good bit of PC sim racing) and AlexZafro (who's more on casual Codies F1 gamer end of the scale) have all said much the same thing, and I've heard it from one or two others as well (sorry I can't remember who, off-hand).

proud to say... i got my first warning ever by Codecrappers. Looks like they have the time to give out warnings but not to give us info. Take your warning and shove it Codecrappers. thank god for free speech. If you see this name gone fellow members.. then you know what happen to me. But i will be back. thank god for anonymous surfing.

Tourgott said:
Who said FA "feels" wrong? Obviously I've never driven a F1 car but for me it feels much more realistic than CM's F1. For PCars it all depends on the correct settings.
As for DRS: It's based on the 2011 rules, when DRS was allowed anywhere in Qualifying. I'm pretty happy they're allowing it in the race too, because DRS is just bullshit so it gives great racing with equivalent cars and not just push-to-pass fake overtakes. Slipstream is still too much in Pcars, though. It's a known bug and will be fixed soon.
If only I could hit agree more times. Hate drs.

Team VVV vids elude to its handling greatness and I agree. I have driven many different cars on track days including Formula Ford, Formula Audi, Formula BMW, Formula 1 (1996 Benetton) plus many other open wheel and race cars and also agree with The Stig. The handling in Project Cars is incredibly realistic.
Why should anyone take the word of someone whos actually driven them over youtube league racers?!

mmpaw37 said:

@justbiglee are you there by any chance...? - Or any other moderator that can close this thread...? - Its moved over to the 'dark side'...discussions about Project CARS instead of F1 2015! ;(

...This is a forum about Formula One games by Codemasters isn't it...?

Come on @PeteTheDuck ...Sort this out...

pmsl you got double standards bro,

Zombie said:
proud to say... i got my first warning ever by Codecrappers. Looks like they have the time to give out warnings but not to give us info. Take your warning and shove it Codecrappers. thank god for free speech. If you see this name gone fellow members.. then you know what happen to me. But i will be back. thank god for anonymous surfing.

they cant combat the tor network,, proxy servers are another option :-) you don't even need a real email address to sign up for this forum! lulz

mmmpowpow you mark my post as off topic yet I just went through this whole thread and you have been off topic for about 3-4 pages :-) my remark about double standards above must be true eh lol #communitybanter