Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

One thing in CM's favour might be that in quite a few videos I've seen of both sim racers and F1 YouTubers playing Project Cars, they've said that of all the cars in the game they've tried, the Formula A car in particular just feels "wrong".  (Even ignoring the silliness of being able to use DRS anywhere during a race.)
Team VVV vids elude to its handling greatness and I agree. I have driven many different cars on track days including Formula Ford, Formula Audi, Formula BMW, Formula 1 (1996 Benetton) plus many other open wheel and race cars and also agree with The Stig. The handling in Project Cars is incredibly realistic.
Why should anyone take the word of someone whos actually driven them over youtube league racers?!
I'm not asking you to take my word for it!

One thing in CM's favour might be that in quite a few videos I've seen of both sim racers and F1 YouTubers playing Project Cars, they've said that of all the cars in the game they've tried, the Formula A car in particular just feels "wrong".  (Even ignoring the silliness of being able to use DRS anywhere during a race.)
Team VVV vids elude to its handling greatness and I agree. I have driven many different cars on track days including Formula Ford, Formula Audi, Formula BMW, Formula 1 (1996 Benetton) plus many other open wheel and race cars and also agree with The Stig. The handling in Project Cars is incredibly realistic.
Why should anyone take the word of someone whos actually driven them over youtube league racers?!
I'm not asking you to take my word for it!

Project cars IS and WILL be the most realistic game yet. Perioid. The handling is spot on... i have also driven REAL formula cars. The handling is spot on.. anyone who says different... has no idea what a formula car handles like. Simple as that. And yes i am a current active driver... i wont say what series or who i am. But I second what SpecOps said.  

Don't believe you either o.o obviously the guys who've only played video games know more about the cars handling than some guy who's driven in real life. 

Who the hell drives in real life anyway. Its so unrealistic compared to games.

I like your sense of humour :-) most people wont even get it I but I do lol

As a fan of the Forza series up until the end of the 360 era (5 was a disgrace imo) I have dealt with a lot of people who actually seem to think like that lol. Love forza, (own 1,2,3,4 and horizon + the Forza branded Csr wheel and 2 shirts lol) but its far from an accurate simulation. Regardless of what the fanboys want to believe. 

The version of P Cars you played must be different to mine which is bizarre. I have played extensively thus far and experienced none of the problems you mentioned. I'm still getting F1 2015 though.

I agree it may just b the hardware he's using as it wor5ks perfectly fine for me as well.

• Committed AI - Don't chicken out of corners if they hold the inside or don't overtake u even tho they have DRS.
  • MORE SAFETY CARS AND CRASHES - Gets boring after a while and maybe the player can get retirements due to brake or engine failures
  • Formation laps - F1 2006 had this and it was awesome, would love to align myself in the grid spot and warm up the tyres.
  • Mbaye self driving in the pit lanes (For those playing on expert or legend AI)
  • The wear - more realistic and players can go for long stints, not suddenly falling of the cliff
  • Pre-season testing - this feature would be awesome, like before a players career
  • Bring back the player truck - like in F12011 where you could answer press questions etc.

trust me guys, I'm Fernando Alonso, take my word for it. F1 2014 has the best physics of any racing game ever

mmpaw37 said:
The version of P Cars you played must be different to mine which is bizarre. I have played extensively thus far and experienced none of the problems you mentioned. I'm still getting F1 2015 though.

I agree it may just b the hardware he's using as it wor5ks perfectly fine for me as well.

There's nothing wrong with my friends hardware I can assure you...

I may add, it wasn't the graphics or framerate I was referring to as those are fine on High/Ultra settings - I was referring to the bugs that he(and I) have experienced while racing...

But anyway, who cares about Project CARS, its F1 2015 we should be discussing here to be honest... 

I never said there was but sometimes differnt hardware/software combinations react differently to different programs that's one of the things I've learnt in in my years of computing that's what I meant

I'm on PS4 and everything is great so it must be differences between hardware.

mmpaw37 said:
Maybe if we had some info on the game we would. 

Don't worry...I have it on good authority that its coming! ;)

Well whenever that happens, we could change the subject matter, but as of now everyone loves talking about Project Cars - good or bad!

no one is arguing, sometimes when people have different opinions, we call this a "discussion" or maybe a "debate" which is still perfectly fine.

lol kids.

I'm on PS4 and everything is great so it must be differences between hardware.
yeah I'm on PC and I wouldn't say my machine is mega top but it's not far off. My system I would say meet6s the recommended specs for P Cars so I can pretty much have everything turned up pretty high on it. Because when I bought my machine I made sure the specs at least matched what the PS4/XB1 could do , as my PC is a custom build system it has more ram and better graphics than the consoles but everything else is around more or less the same. It did cost a fair amount though but it was worth it.

Project cars has formula cars. Its fair to compare the two. Don't want it compared? Too bad. Products have always and will always be compared whether you like it or not.

Its completely childish to expect otherwise. 

Project cars has formula cars. Its fair to compare the two. Don't want it compared? Too bad. Products have always and will always be compared whether you like it or not.

Its completely childish to expect otherwise. 
You're probably right, once there's actually something to compare with, unless I missed F1's release date.

I would also prefer to discuss F1 here, but what is there to discuss?  There is no new info unfortunately.

Regarding Project Cars, I got it yesterday on PS4 and once I got the hang of the handling its the best I've experienced.  Excellent road feel (even with a pad).  I was expecting extreme difficulty, but that wasn't the case.  Abuse the accellerator and you'll pay, but if your smooth you'll succeed.  I completely disagree with the comparison to Gran Turismo.  Doesn't feel anything like it.  Unfortunately, online was full of the usual rammers. 

mmpaw37 said:
Indeed but don't involve yourself if its not to your liking!

I'm not..., However this forum is centred around the Formula One titles from Codemasters and not Project CARS...

If those who want to talk about Project CARS then please go ahead, but the correct place for that would be the Official forum, Wouldn't you agree...?

These constant references about PC isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to Codemasters, and once F1 2015 has its REAL reveal, Project CARS will be nothing more than a distant memory within this forum...

...and I know it will eat PC for breakfast! ;)

And I know that as soon as F1 2015 comes out, you'll turn like a leaf, saying how awful Codemasters are at making games and that they should give the license to someone else. You are by far the most active member of this forum but your opinion about Codemasters and the game(s) shifts as much as you write posts... 

Anyone else find it weird how the mmpaw37 guy was almost certainly not buying F1 2015, then when the announcement came, he was all over it? Since then he's gone back to the stance of someone who probably won't get it, only to revert to weird fanboyism again. It's unsettling.

And Project Cars is phenomenal. It does have issues with things such as AI but overall it's brilliant. The AI are probably the best I've ever seen in a racing game. The weather changes are great, and the effect that time of day can have on say, tyre temperatures is incredible. I love how, if you're racing early in the morning, you'll get the low sun making it tricky to see corners, particularly on a track you don't know. I haven't done multiplayer yet.The career is so good and a fantastic thing to see in a motorsport game. The best thing is that the development team have many things planned for the immediate and distant future, so it will continue to get better.

F1 2015 and Project Cars are doing different things, but it is fair to compare some things which can be compared,such as AI, presentation, graphics, sound and, of course, gameplay.

I'm sure Codemasters will have something by Monaco. I'm only saying that just because it would take the **** if it there wasn't anything new.

Oh and I will add something that I think they could talk about which hasn't been mentioned much, the Kinect/PS4 voice interaction with your engineer! The engineer isn't very good in Project Cars, so maybe F1 can out-do them here.