Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

The reviewers much get a early work in progress build copy soon. Just hope CM  don't stop them showing videos
They will for sure.

It seems it gets even worse for those that got excited when they heard 'Broadcast Style' i will hold my judgemnt till i have seen it & played it but sound like a posh way of saying its just like other F1 games :neutral: 

https://twitter.com/britpoint1/status/598881498440294400

And we get crapped on even more.... thanks for that info Alex. This company stinks to high hell. Not even real official style graphics. Official F1 game my ass.

Just going to update my little list here.

No hype surrounding the game

No early video teaser trailers.

No screenshots worth getting to excited about to show off " muh new gen graphics"

No worthwhile direct communication since initial announcement

No official broadcast style graphics   ( despite being "officially licensed" game )

When I heard broadcast style, I thought they meant like how FIFA has the Premier League this year. Like all the official graphics etc. during the intro, 

Could they just release something already? Anything, I literally don't care what it is, just something... I mean look how much we know about BO3, and that game is released in November...

Just want to say my apologies for my lack of presence on the forum recently. I've been ridiculously busy with exams and stuff in my life so the forum's had to take a back seat!

Going back to the topic of discussing Project CARS, and this is my personal opinion, I don't have any problem with you discussing it here, but just as long as it has a connection to the F1 games please. Otherwise I'll just move the posts to the off-topic forum where this is already a Project CARS discussion happening.

I'm really hoping we'll see some new stuff in the next week. Can't believe it's less than a month to the launch, it's come round so fast!

Just want to say my apologies for my lack of presence on the forum recently. I've been ridiculously busy with exams and stuff in my life so the forum's had to take a back seat!

Going back to the topic of discussing Project CARS, and this is my personal opinion, I don't have any problem with you discussing it here, but just as long as it has a connection to the F1 games please. Otherwise I'll just move the posts to the off-topic forum where this is already a Project CARS discussion happening.

I'm really hoping we'll see some new stuff in the next week. Can't believe it's less than a month to the launch, it's come round so fast!
I doubt many people pre-order blind, with no trailer, so they'd better release some stuff soon. Or those sales will be poor. 

AMS97KRR said:

I doubt many people pre-order blind, with no trailer, so they'd better release some stuff soon. Or those sales will be poor. 
Yeah, I haven't pre-ordered yet (mainly because I don't have a console to play it on yet :p) but I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any video footage yet.

I'm in no doubt that when we do eventually see it it will be impressive, if the screenshots are anything to go by. I'm looking forward to potential developer diaries, I loved them in F1 2010, F1 2011 and F1 2012. I've been banging on for the past year at how good they were and how they should definitely return.

The staff turnover is far to high these days at codemasters for them to be able to do it, you'd be watching a different developer each video

1. Steve Hood did not leave Codemasters to further his career(gone to Dovetail to work on train sim and Microsoft FSX which was released over 9 years ago).Was pushed out or knew CM were in huge financial trouble.
2. There is no new game engine just an upgraded version of the inept and outdated "Ego Engine".
No way CM have invested on a new gaming engine with no new games in the pipeline.
New Dirt game while a good drive is still using the old game engine hence the last gen graphics and no appearence on consoles.
3. This forum is still in Beta and pretty much unmoderated after how long?
4. FOM waiting to give CM the green light to promote the game less than a month before release?
Has that stopped CM from releasing screenies of all the Circuits in game,yes it seems.
5. Will guarantee this will be the last F1 Game from CM.
6. Complete bargin bin buy for me this year,most of the features and modes have been stripped away from F1 2010-13.
7. Broadcast style with no official F1 standing tables,timings etc.(the latest kick in the teeth for an officially licensed game).

I'm now on the verge of cancelling my pre-order after seeing that about the broadcast presentation.

Joethe155 said:
I'm now on the verge of cancelling my pre-order after seeing that about the broadcast presentation.
Indeed makes me even more glad I've taken the stance I have with 2015as everything is making me think I'm dead right to skip this years game. Still I've got plenty of other games to keep me going so will stick with them.

vtidixon said:
I dont get what is wrong with talking P cars on the forum,
Nothing wrong with talking about it on the forum. Just in the appropriate place please, so people who don't particularly want to read about it don't have to plough through it to find the on-topic stuff.

Ye fair point but this is the only forum im a active member of as im sure many others are to. I only visit this site in the hope cm release info that gets me exited about the sport I love but I have nothing good to say about the 2015 release so what would you rather me post? Say nice things about Pcars and discuss the features and wow factour the game has with like minded ppl or constantly whine that cm are so shit at marketing games they give us NOTHING to talk about!!! This is the official forum for the F1 2015 game yet what info is there to find on here? Questions are never answered by a dev or mod on here either so pointless asking anything you might like to know about the game. Like I said I can see what your saying but tbh if we werent talking about a what a great game Pcars is we would all be saying how crap cm really are at marketing there product that most will have in 27 days! Just saying

true it can't be compared against Project Cars yet, but people want some info to start talking about the current game. There's nothing much atall to talk about F1 2015 apart from the lack of information we have and the games out in 4 weeks!

From what I've heard about the F1 title I'm going to be annoyed, although I was happy that they have 2 seasons of cars in the game I'm unhappy that PROM mode is the only mode where we can have a full race weekend and alot of the players like having the full weekends in the game and just because they aren't advanced players miss out.

Pro mode is a mode that has been in the game for years, since we can turn off all the assists anyway, its just a shabby way to say theres something new in the game when really this mode is just unfair to anyone who plays the championship mode and can't access a full weekend.

Baffling!!

Atleast project cars has 2 practise sessions  ;)

I can see that as no1 has played 15 yet, I was talking more in general about how good the game is. Like I said in another post its more frustration that cm wont release info on a game that is out in 27 days that has got ppl talking about project cars in the first place! If I were cm and had the great game that you said they have then id be on here saying why we should be getting exited about F1 2015 instead of saying nothing at all, day by day ppl are wondering why we have nothing to talk about so surely the blame goes to cm for the way the game has been released? I come here a few times a week to see if anything new has been released but there never is. As soon as cm give the forum some info the posts will be about the 2015 game again, good or bad at least we would have something to talk about.

There's a thread already here http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5742/can-f1-2015-be-close-to-project-cars#lates  for pCars and its possible relevance to F1 2015.  Is one thread not enough(?).

true it can't be compared against Project Cars yet, but people want some info to start talking about the current game. There's nothing much atall to talk about F1 2015 apart from the lack of information we have and the games out in 4 weeks!

From what I've heard about the F1 title I'm going to be annoyed, although I was happy that they have 2 seasons of cars in the game I'm unhappy that PROM mode is the only mode where we can have a full race weekend and alot of the players like having the full weekends in the game and just because they aren't advanced players miss out.

Pro mode is a mode that has been in the game for years, since we can turn off all the assists anyway, its just a shabby way to say theres something new in the game when really this mode is just unfair to anyone who plays the championship mode and can't access a full weekend.

Baffling!!

Atleast project cars has 2 practise sessions  ;)
Think thats what got me thinking have they really done that much but thats simply because nothing has been explained to us. Like you say it sounds like pro mode is exactly the same as Gp mode in the other games (least we could achive the same results ourself) If it is just that (a forced mode) and adds nothing to the game why bother in the first place? Seems like a way of saying you have to play our game this way or you aint getting all practice sessions! (evil :)) I want F1 2015 to be a amazing game but all I seem to ever see is no to features ppl have asked about. I just wish cm would actualy release info that tells us why we should be exited about the game instead of saying nothing which feels a bit like a F you to the forum members. Mmpaw said some promising things in another thread so now all we need is someone from cm to show us why we should pre order 2015! 

OGFedfan said:
I would also prefer to discuss F1 here, but what is there to discuss?  There is no new info unfortunately.

Regarding Project Cars, I got it yesterday on PS4 and once I got the hang of the handling its the best I've experienced.  Excellent road feel (even with a pad).  I was expecting extreme difficulty, but that wasn't the case.  Abuse the accellerator and you'll pay, but if your smooth you'll succeed.  I completely disagree with the comparison to Gran Turismo.  Doesn't feel anything like it.  Unfortunately, online was full of the usual rammers. 

I agree. Project cars is truly awesome. Only if Codemasters could use this quality and realism of AI in their F1 Games

theIbzsta said:
OGFedfan said:
I would also prefer to discuss F1 here, but what is there to discuss?  There is no new info unfortunately.

Regarding Project Cars, I got it yesterday on PS4 and once I got the hang of the handling its the best I've experienced.  Excellent road feel (even with a pad).  I was expecting extreme difficulty, but that wasn't the case.  Abuse the accellerator and you'll pay, but if your smooth you'll succeed.  I completely disagree with the comparison to Gran Turismo.  Doesn't feel anything like it.  Unfortunately, online was full of the usual rammers. 

I agree. Project cars is truly awesome. Only if Codemasters could use this quality and realism of AI in their F1 Games
I've always likes CM AI a bit more than other racers, even with their few quirks... And honestly project cars AI DRIVES ME CRAZY, they are just so inconsistent and sometimes the aggression is just out of hand. And when I say aggression it's not in a good way. So I I have pretty high hopes for the AI This time around

Steven Hood maintained that real car physics would only cater for a limited minority and would not sell very well. Project Cars seems to be doing rather well so what's up with that! At least Project Cars covers all bases what with it's wealth of handling options available.

mmpaw37 said:
vtidixon said:
vtidixon said:
I dont get what is wrong with talking P cars on the forum,
Nothing wrong with talking about it on the forum. Just in the appropriate place please, so people who don't particularly want to read about it don't have to plough through it to find the on-topic stuff.

Ye fair point but this is the only forum im a active member of as im sure many others are to. I only visit this site in the hope cm release info that gets me exited about the sport I love but I have nothing good to say about the 2015 release so what would you rather me post? Say nice things about Pcars and discuss the features and wow factour the game has with like minded ppl or constantly whine that cm are so shit at marketing games they give us NOTHING to talk about!!! This is the official forum for the F1 2015 game yet what info is there to find on here? Questions are never answered by a dev or mod on here either so pointless asking anything you might like to know about the game. Like I said I can see what your saying but tbh if we werent talking about a what a great game Pcars is we would all be saying how crap cm really are at marketing there product that most will have in 27 days! Just saying

@vtidixon ..., We haven't even seen anything to do with F1 2015 really other than screenshots, so how can individuals compare pCARS to something that hasn't been viewed...? - It's just pointless

If people like pCARS then that's fine, everyone has their own likes/dislikes but, when people start trying to compare it to F1 2015 my mind just baffles!...

I think the majority of members here who have pCARS are essentially comparing it to Codemasters' last-gen titles, such as 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014 and automatically assume 2015 will be the same, which is just ridiculous...

F1 2015 is as Codemasters have said; A totally new concept built from the ground up, and I think people forget that...?

Perhaps but you're also forgetting something, Yes they have said this but everything else that has been said about the game leads me to think that aside from having next gen graphics everything else about the game is worse than the previous games. It's almost as if CM are trying to test our patience by seeing how much they can get away with before we stop buying into their rubbish. Unfortunately for CM I have to say I've reached the edge of mine and people around me have always noted how patient a person I am and that I'm one of the most patient people they know.

Steven Hood maintained that real car physics would only cater for a limited minority and would not sell very well. Project Cars seems to be doing rather well so what's up with that! At least Project Cars covers all bases what with it's wealth of handling options available.

The physics in '15 are muchos better than in previous years. Way more feeling through the tyres, way better on both pad and wheel, much more subtle throttle response. OK, it's still not 'hardcore sim' but let me put it this way: the physics/handling we have this year are the biggest step away from 'arcade' we've taken since getting the license in 2010 in my opinion.

Britpoint said:
The physics in '15 are muchos better than in previous years. Way more feeling through the tyres, way better on both pad and wheel, much more subtle throttle response. 
Good to hear that. Gameplay videos?, oh sorry I interrupted....

hola said:
Britpoint said:
The physics in '15 are muchos better than in previous years. Way more feeling through the tyres, way better on both pad and wheel, much more subtle throttle response. 
Good to hear that. Gameplay videos?, oh sorry I interrupted....
Ah, I'd love to say 'soon,' but I'm actually gonna say don't expect one for a week or so. There are some things holding up the planned videos. Not entirely sure on the specifics, although it is our side, this isn't FOM approvals or anything.

Sorry about that, I know you all want to see the game in motion. But I figure it's better than just leaving you completely in the dark. Still, at least you won't have too long to wait before playing it for yourselves this year... :)

I've always been pretty patient about gameplay videos, but I have to say, even I'm getting pretty surprised by the fact that we're not going to get one until 2-3 weeks before release!