Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Mmm that sweet nectar called honesty. I like it.

Any idea when we'll know about wheel support on ps4? Fanatec specifically. 

Also co-op. @Britpoint 

We'll be here talking about pcars to the annoyance of one user til then.

Britpoint said:
hola said:
Britpoint said:
The physics in '15 are muchos better than in previous years. Way more feeling through the tyres, way better on both pad and wheel, much more subtle throttle response. 
Good to hear that. Gameplay videos?, oh sorry I interrupted....
Ah, I'd love to say 'soon,' but I'm actually gonna say don't expect one for a week or so. There are some things holding up the planned videos. Not entirely sure on the specifics, although it is our side, this isn't FOM approvals or anything.

Sorry about that, I know you all want to see the game in motion. But I figure it's better than just leaving you completely in the dark. Still, at least you won't have too long to wait before playing it for yourselves this year... :)
"it's better than just leaving you completely in the dark."
Can't agree more. Any info of the game, the video, or just a community manager come here to chat a few words every now and then, will be like placebos for the fans.
But no info, no video, no nothing... This is really frustrating.

Also co-op. @Britpoint 

I don't think I can talk about multiplayer stuff yet, you'll have to bear with me on that side of things for now. I'll have a look into wheels when everyone's back in on Monday. Dave (one of our handling guys) has been busy setting up action maps on various controllers for a little while now, but I don't know what the full list is. Bear in mind as with all things there may be stuff that prevents me from just posting a 'supported peripherals list' but if that happens I'll try and let you know at least.

If you must talk about something non-F1, talk about Stock Car Extreme for a bit. Might be a nice change of pace and I actually play that one ;)

Britpoint said:

Also co-op. @Britpoint 

I don't think I can talk about multiplayer stuff yet, you'll have to bear with me on that side of things for now. I'll have a look into wheels when everyone's back in on Monday. Dave (one of our handling guys) has been busy setting up action maps on various controllers for a little while now, but I don't know what the full list is. Bear in mind as with all things there may be stuff that prevents me from just posting a 'supported peripherals list' but if that happens I'll try and let you know at least.

If you must talk about something non-F1, talk about Stock Car Extreme for a bit. Might be a nice change of pace and I actually play that one ;)
Lol :P 

Well, I'll be here waiting on wheel and coop info regardless of what we are discussing. 

Britpoint said:

Also co-op. @Britpoint 

Oh Come on.. Another week, without F1 Game information. If u dont give us something until end of may I`m done. Why codemasters cant be serious with us? If this is FOM fault why u can`t told us? This is really boring. How u want to people buy this game if u not promote it? Do u know what is marketing? F1 2014 Annoucment and gameplay trailer was posted 3months before F1 2014, and we have only 1month until F1 2015 and we still have nothing. Sorry but if u want my money and people money u must convince us to do this. If this game is Shit u can tell us too. Everything from me. 
btw. Sorry for my English, im not very good at it.

Britpoint said:
hola said:
Britpoint said:
The physics in '15 are muchos better than in previous years. Way more feeling through the tyres, way better on both pad and wheel, much more subtle throttle response. 
Good to hear that. Gameplay videos?, oh sorry I interrupted....
Ah, I'd love to say 'soon,' but I'm actually gonna say don't expect one for a week or so. There are some things holding up the planned videos. Not entirely sure on the specifics, although it is our side, this isn't FOM approvals or anything.

Sorry about that, I know you all want to see the game in motion. But I figure it's better than just leaving you completely in the dark. Still, at least you won't have too long to wait before playing it for yourselves this year... :)
Your running out of weeks, strange to say in a week or so ?????

I guess we get something 2/3 week before release, But i hope we get something next week. 

Britpoint said:
Itakes a certain kind of sheer nerve to say something like that under current circumstances

hola said:
Britpoint said:
It takes a certain kind of sheer nerve to say something like that under current circumstances
I'm in the dark, and after that comment, still in dark

@ Britpoint you delayed honesty is not ammusing. You should have said something like that long ago.

I wonder if Codemasters have checked differant forums where the title is ''F1 2015 or Project Cars?'' Then it ends with people buying project cars because they don't want to wait for a game that is out less then 4weeks from now, and still not even a trailer...

My bet: Monaco' GrandPrix weekend..
My dream: Super Monaco GP is back! (It had a carreer mode back in 1990...just saying) :smile: 

Obviously confidence that game will sell itself bolstered by dirts success without a major marketing campaign. 

tMansell said:
My dream: Super Monaco GP is back! (It had a carreer mode back in 1990...just saying) :smile: 

I loved that game on sega genesis.  Especially Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2.  Wish Sega can make that for PS 4. 

Sega coolieboy said:
tMansell said:

I loved that game on sega genesis.  Especially Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP 2.  Wish Sega can make that for PS 4. 
Sega  too arcade I think

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold like a few hundred copies, purely because there is no hype around it due to a lack of information. Literally nobody is talking about it, it might be a great game but if nobody buys it, CM are pretty screwed. 

Hope more information and gameplay footage. Little hard to decide did I buy it or not. Game sounds good but need to see something videos.

I would hope so, it's only just over three weeeks away from launch,, so it's really about time we saw some gameplay!

Hah, remember this post:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/72135/#Comment_72135

It was in the  Improving Codemasters Image thread. Our new Community Manager had a deck full of great ideas to launch and support the game in a better way. Interviews, video's, screenshots, gameplay. F1 2015 would be different this time around. They would draw attention to the game and get a buzz going.

3 weeks till launch and all we have is a name and 5 or so screenshots. This is becoming a joke and frankly, I'm starting to become so annoyed that a game publisher couldn't care less about the product they're making that the choice to really boycot this game is becoming very easy. They seriously need a hit in the sales to get the message across...

Lol :P 

Well, I'll be here waiting on wheel and coop info regardless of what we are discussing. 

OK so, you will be astonished to discover that I can't give you a supported wheel list! Basically there are one or two devices that have little bugs that are being worked on, and until they're fixed there's a small chance those devices won't make it on the list. So rather than risk releasing one list then having to remove a device from it, we're just waiting until everything on there is definitely good to go. 

Personally I think your devices will probably be fine. But that's not totally confirmed at this point, so I recommend waiting for the full list to be certain.

tMansell said:
Was Super Monaco GP the one where you got to play as ZEROFORCE? 

Hah, remember this post:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/72135/#Comment_72135

It was in the  Improving Codemasters Image thread. Our new Community Manager had a deck full of great ideas to launch and support the game in a better way. Interviews, video's, screenshots, gameplay. F1 2015 would be different this time around. They would draw attention to the game and get a buzz going.

3 weeks till launch and all we have is a name and 5 or so screenshots. This is becoming a joke and frankly, I'm starting to become so annoyed that a game publisher couldn't care less about the product they're making that the choice to really boycot this game is becoming very easy. They seriously need a hit in the sales to get the message across...

As I already said. This guy is even worse than the guy who had this job before.
The best marketing guy Codemasters ever had was Andy who was responsible for F1 2010 - F1 2012.