Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Eh.. I think that honestly removes the point of career mode. After sesson 1 then what? You can't switch teams with the same driver, surely that goes against their licence? You would switch teams and become another driver? I am excited for the rest of the game though! 

hola said:
ukfan758 said:
Will there be formation laps? 
  is that your greatest concern seriously
I was just asking pal, no it's not my greatest concern, I would like to see formation laps because it adds to the immersion,  F1 CE 2006 had it so Codemasters should be able to add it now as well. My up most request is 60fps and all 3 practice sessions.

I just really hope we can have our own numbers in career mode. You are supposed to race as your own guy, not your guy in Alonso's car and overalls. 

AMS97KRR said:
I just really hope we can have our own numbers in career mode. You are supposed to race as your own guy, not your guy in Alonso's car and overalls. 
Same but I think licensing restricts that unfortunately. 

Just wanted to mention @moogleslam comment requesting that pad users should be disadvantaged.
Why?
Not everyone wants to play with a wheel. Its an extra expense. Something to clog up your living room, and quite frankly my girlfriend would probably leave me if I was sat there on one!
They should be aiming to make them as equal as possible instead of disadvantaging anyone. Im tired of reading crap from wheel users who think they have a right to be faster than pad users because they own a wheel. Its a game! People can use what they want!
Not all wheel users think that. In fact, most of us just want good fair races.

Btw, you might want to find a better girlfriend. 

ukfan758 said:
AMS97KRR said:
Same but I think licensing restricts that unfortunately. 
Yes, it is a shame. But MotoGP does it, FIFA allows it. Why can't the rights holders for F1 allow it? Completely stupid.

"In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them."

Is that the end of career mode then? I really hope not. Every F1 game in recent memory has that option...In fact pretty much every racing game does.

Looks promising, but when can we get career mode info? the last 2 games career mode has ben so boring and bad, so that really needs to improve.

FMassa93 said:
Looks promising, but when can we get career mode info? the last 2 games career mode has ben so boring and bad, so that really needs to improve.

No career mode. You can't create your own driver.

But do they mean that as in you can't create how he looks? It's not confirmed either way yet but it does sound like career mode might not be in this year which I personally think would be a bad move. Granted the 2013/2014 careers were basically just GP mode with your name instead but I was expecting some improvement on that for this current gen.
If it's removed with the idea of getting physics, AI and all the basic requirements in a racing game completely nailed and the race results aren't always the same like in 13/14 then I can understand it's omission. I would assume it would be readded either in the next game or (less likely) via an update anyway.

But do they mean that as in you can't create how he looks? It does sound like career mode might not be in though which I personally think would be a bad move. Granted the 2013/2014 careers were basically just GP mode with your name instead but I was expecting some improvement on that for this current gen.
If it's removed with the idea of getting physics, AI and all the basic requirements in a racing game completely nailed and the race results aren't always the same like in 13/14 then I can live with it's removal. I would assume it would be readded either in the next game or (less likely) via an update.

You pick a driver you race as. Can't use your own name offline.

LOOKS GREAT.

until its released and tested i'll remain hopeful, but not convinced.

Sounds and looks amazing guys!! I was getting seriously worried with the lack of improvements from the past few titles and staff leaving etc... but this announcement has my faith restored in you guys. This is the most pumped I've been for an F1 game since 2010 was announced. The number and extent of the improvements seems vast and I hope you guys deliver the game you are capable of. 

Sector4 said:
But do they mean that as in you can't create how he looks? It does sound like career mode might not be in though which I personally think would be a bad move. Granted the 2013/2014 careers were basically just GP mode with your name instead but I was expecting some improvement on that for this current gen.
If it's removed with the idea of getting physics, AI and all the basic requirements in a racing game completely nailed and the race results aren't always the same like in 13/14 then I can live with it's removal. I would assume it would be readded either in the next game or (less likely) via an update.

You pick a driver you race as. Can't use your own name offline.
Where does it stand that?

''You’ll be seeing all of this in the Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.''

Thats the only thing I can find about it, that it does not stand career mode, but that is all I can find. Can't find that it stand there is no career and no create a driver...

Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

Why are people saying there is no career, @Sector4 do you work at codemasters? No. So why are jumping to conclusions saying theres no career? Its an announcement they said all the new features and i know career mode isnt a new feature is it? Also there might even be a chance that the 'pro season mode' might be the new name for career?

Why are people saying there is no career, @Sector4 do you work at codemasters? No. So why are jumping to conclusions saying theres no career? Its an announcement they said all the new features and i know career mode isnt a new feature is it? Also there might even be a chance that the 'pro season mode' might be the new name for career?
Because if you cant use your own name offline (see the post above yours) then it confirms that there wont be a career.

Thrilll said:
Because if you cant use your own name offline (see the post above yours) then it confirms that there wont be a career.
Okay so you believe someone with no actual proof? @justbiglee said dont believe anything unless its in the announcement or another cm person said so. 

Well I hope that's not the case, the only modes I play are career and co-op career, and I play career offline about 10x as much as online. I have no use for racing with wreckers... I mean randoms online, and I don't have time for a league.

Thrilll said:
Okay so you believe someone with no actual proof? @justbiglee said dont believe anything unless its in the announcement or another cm person said so. 

Lee said it himself a couple of pages back. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/74578/#Comment_74578

Your tears of denial taste sweet.

It's clear from justbiglee's comment that there is no Career Mode in 2015, which is a little disappointing but I  think they want to see get one game done first, see how everything goes and then possibly bring Career back for 2016. There's probably a lot more time consumed by testing due to the multiple seasons in Career.

Anyway, looking forward to whatever details come out over the coming weeks.

Sector4 said:
Thrilll said:

Lee said it himself a couple of pages back. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/74578/#Comment_74578

Your tears of denial taste sweet.
Does seem like that is the case :( That will make me sad. If its true hopefully it's something they work on for 2016. The idea of no career mode, makes me want to just wait for 2016 and see what happens.

Amusing how in F1 2012 they removed World Championship season mode because "nobody used it" and everyone apparently only used Career mode. Now they've switched it around. Not really too important thought. Career in 2013 & 2014 was basically just a Season mode with your own name in the HUD.

TL77 said:
Amusing how in F1 2012 they removed World Championship season mode because "nobody used it" and everyone apparently only used Career mode. Now they've switched it around. Not really too important thought. Career in 2013 & 2014 was basically just a Season mode with your own name in the HUD.
That would be better than nothing at all >.> As far as I'm aware, there are no American drivers, so I can't even be my own nationality lol.

The rest of the game better be epic, and there better be Fanatec CSR wheel support, or I might just have to pass, and wait til the feature list catches up.

Cant belive there will be no career mode this year! Thats a huge deal to me as I hate online gaming. Obviously the last few games career was just like gp mode exept the cars were 2 sec slower due to no R@D on the cars but thats what kept me going back tbh, start with a bad car and slowly start getting more pace as the R@D were being applied. Older games teams performance/tiers changed from season to season, drivers having good/bad seasons. Dont get me wrong It all became stale after bout 2012 but just thought with current gen we were in for a treat when it came to career features this year, never did I think a racing game wouldnt have a career mode :( Not going to rant and rave about it as we dont know what the game does actualy offer in terms of immersing us in a GP weekend yet so look forward to hearing more info in the coming weeks. From what I see so far 2015 will blow the others away, will it be enought to make the F1 games a must own? I for one hope so.  

IF there is no career mode then I think I'll rather go for Project Cars this year...Career mode is all I have played in F1 games, online suck(with random folk its all crashed out in turn 1, league etc is just lag, lag, lag, glitch, glitch,glitch...) 

Ofc, maybe this will be the best F1 game ever, but It dont matter for me without career mode. Normal championship season I play 3-5races then bored. But we dont know 100% sure if there is a career mode yet and dont know what this new mode is, so just wait and see...