Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

PUCHALT said:
Hi guys !!! The official website for f1 2015 is not available. Is it because they are updated and new content hanging. I wish it so.

It's working for me... no new content that I can see.
In Spain, when you try to go to the official website is not working. It stays in the http://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2015/ page

PUCHALT said:
PUCHALT said:
Hi guys !!! The official website for f1 2015 is not available. Is it because they are updated and new content hanging. I wish it so.

It's working for me... no new content that I can see.
In Spain, when you try to go to the official website is not working. It stays in the http://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2015/ page
Yeah, have the same website here. 

Usually that's a good sign for something, when they announced f1 2015 they took off their Facebook page. If it's a video it would make sense that their FB page is still up but not their website because on Facebook they can just upload it whereas on the website they might to actually take it off and upload it.

Honestly...in my 20odd years of gaming....I dont think Ive ever heard of a title coming out in three weeks with so little information, no actual footage/trailer...yet the ability to preorder.

....It's strange, and quite frankly laughable!

Here's to that storm being cooked up ay! 

The lack of recent info out there is a bit surprising, but... I've got a question for most of the guys who can't take this anymore:

Say if lots of gameplay videos, blogs, screenshots and previews came out 1 week before release... Would you be less convinved to buy the game if that same information came out 1 month before release?

Would it make a difference to you? For large general sales they need the TV ads to appear a couple of days before the release, reviews to appear soon before the release.  In my view it would be beneficial to allow more hype to be created by putting preview builds out earlier and perhaps have the F1 TV companies produce features with current drivers during F1 weekends.  That's what Codemasters used to do with F1 - I wonder what has changed...

Maybe the game just isn't ready and putting the game out there earlier in the season is just that much more challenging?

I don't know. As long as I watch some gameplay videos from people I rate and read some trusted reviews I'll buy that game. That's just my approach, but I can see how some people can be a lot more hungry for info.

To be honest, even though I really want to see them, videos aren't going to make any difference to me and they're not going to tell me how the cars feel to drive.  I just want to know more about features, improvements etc.

What If Codies Are Going For The Quick Hype Tactic?, Release Loads Of Videos, Pictures And More Unknown Information Say 1 Week From Release And Then See The Pre-Orders Jump Up And Short Hype May Work Better For The Player (Less Time To Wait) Just A Thought.

Anthony23 said:
What If Codies Are Going For The Quick Hype Tactic?, Release Loads Of Videos, Pictures And More Unknown Information Say 1 Week From Release And Then See The Pre-Orders Jump Up And Short Hype May Work Better For The Player (Less Time To Wait) Just A Thought.
It will probably work, but at the same time, they've obviously frustrated a LOT of fans with their lack of info to date.

Last week somebody from the team said they still work on wheel support. Game must go Gold 3-4 weeks before release otherwise boxed versions can't be distributed to resellers in time. For me it's clear. The game is delayed. 

Ronage6 said:
Last week somebody from the team said they still work on wheel support. Game must go Gold 3-4 weeks before release otherwise boxed versions can't be distributed to resellers in time. For me it's clear. The game is delayed. 
Maybe. Nowadays companies just release a day one patch for that sort of thing.

Ronage6 said:
Maybe. Nowadays companies just release a day one patch for that sort of thing.
You are right. Could be the case as well. Haven't thought about that. Let's hope then that's the case. 

mmpaw37 said:

I just saw this a few moments ago, and although most of it you've heard before, there was something that caught my eye...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/codemasters-revs-its-new-engine/0149785

Near the bottom of the article, the journalist states that "Its been in development since 2013"..., And of which is backed up by Paul Jeal.

If this is the case then A. We should be in for a real treat, and B. It clearly means they've got to 'grips' with the new hardware and what its capable of...(meaning PS4 and XONE)...I however am a PC user as well so it doesn't really matter...

I found this interesting. "We weren’t trying to rush. Going forward, I’d love to cycle teams in a similar way to Call of Duty. That’s going to enable us to get more into a product. "
Seems Paul doesn't mind the idea of having multiple developers of F1 games?

mmpaw37 said:

I just saw this a few moments ago, and although most of it you've heard before, there was something that caught my eye...

Near the bottom of the article, the journalist states that "Its been in development since 2013"..., And of which is backed up by Paul Jeal.

If this is the case then A. We should be in for a real treat, and B. It clearly means they've got to 'grips' with the new hardware and what its capable of...(meaning PS4 and XONE)...I however am a PC user as well so it doesn't really matter...

Must be why they're talking about it so much.

Development since 2013 and they left out career mode lol.

I still wonder who thought that was a good idea.
I doubt anybody actually thinks it's a *good* idea. But I'm sure there are reasons why they think that not doing it will get a decent product out the door in a reasonable timeframe, as opposed to a great product a year later.

mmpaw37 said:

Good news - looking forward to the release.

Of course there will be F1 2015 news this weekend. Hamilton wins Monaco GP.  :D