Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Chilza381 said:
mmpaw37 said:

I just saw this a few moments ago, and although most of it you've heard before, there was something that caught my eye...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/codemasters-revs-its-new-engine/0149785

Near the bottom of the article, the journalist states that "Its been in development since 2013"..., And of which is backed up by Paul Jeal.

If this is the case then A. We should be in for a real treat, and B. It clearly means they've got to 'grips' with the new hardware and what its capable of...(meaning PS4 and XONE)...I however am a PC user as well so it doesn't really matter...

I found this interesting. "We weren’t trying to rush. Going forward, I’d love to cycle teams in a similar way to Call of Duty. That’s going to enable us to get more into a product. "
Seems Paul doesn't mind the idea of having multiple developers of F1 games?

I guess he means two different Codies Teams who would always have two years development cycle. 

If they have enough staff to do alternating devs per launch that could hopefully help with the poor content production. 

I know EAis far richer and larger, but they seem to consistently produce good sports games year in, year out. As I've said, CM needs to get the core of the game perfect, then branch out. If they perfect the core, it will only need minor additions each year. Thus far they have not improved that core. They just add new modes which are then dropped. literally all 2010 to 2012/2013 should have been about was perfecting Career and a good MP mode. 

FIFA has a solid online and career mode that have been perfected over a number of years. Career mode has been awesome for years, only recently has it needed updating desperately. They haven't really changed too much since 2008ish. Because they made something that holds the interest and is high quality. It was not half arsed and "good enough". Which is how the current F1 career mode feels. And of course this allowed them to branch out to Ultimate team, which is now a huge money generator. CM need to do this.

AMS97KRR said:
I know EAis far richer and larger, but they seem to consistently produce good sports games year in, year out. As I've said, CM needs to get the core of the game perfect, then branch out. If they perfect the core, it will only need minor additions each year. Thus far they have not improved that core. They just add new modes which are then dropped. literally all 2010 to 2012/2013 should have been about was perfecting Career and a good MP mode. 

FIFA has a solid online and career mode that have been perfected over a number of years. Career mode has been awesome for years, only recently has it needed updating desperately. They haven't really changed too much since 2008ish. Because they made something that holds the interest and is high quality. It was not half arsed and "good enough". Which is how the current F1 career mode feels. And of course this allowed them to branch out to Ultimate team, which is now a huge money generator. CM need to do this.
I wouldn't say FIFA is a good sports, it just appeals to a larger audience. The game itself is incredibly arcadey and completely glances over things like formations, midfield control, playing styles, etc. It's end-to-end stuff and fun, that's why so many people play it, not because of its depth. 

EA, as obnoxious company they are, if they pull their resources they can actually make decent games. However, this hardly ever happens. Their UFC games it miles behind Yuke/THQ's, Madden sucks, NBA Live 15 is not qualified to shine NBA 2k15's shoes, etc. EA won't be my preferred choice for developer of F1 2015, not by a long stretch.

I highly doubt EA would be stupid enough to do that with a Formula 1 game (look at their previous titles) as they already have need for speed as an arcade racing game. At least with EA or 2K there would be some sort of consistency and variety of games modes, which is what a lot of people want.

Personally I'd like to see Formula 1 2k17, the quality of NBA 2k games and the base they set with WWE 2k15 shows that they can pick up a sports game and make quality games. Don't forget NFL 2k games as well, they were better than Madden.

Even Need for Speed Underground 3 has already been announced with a video - even though it will be released autumn this year.

Andi said:
I highly doubt EA would be stupid enough to do that with a Formula 1 game (look at their previous titles) as they already have need for speed as an arcade racing game. At least with EA or 2K there would be some sort of consistency and variety of games modes, which is what a lot of people want.

Personally I'd like to see Formula 1 2k17, the quality of NBA 2k games and the base they set with WWE 2k15 shows that they can pick up a sports game and make quality games. Don't forget NFL 2k games as well, they were better than Madden.
 If 2K were to pick up the F1 franchise I'd be very happy. They have consistently shown that they understand the core of the sports games they pick up (UFC, NBA) while providing a lot of depth. EA - nah. They are just money making machine, I doubt we'd see much better game that the CM one, it would just be much better marketed. 

The great thing about NBA Live vs NBA 2k is competition.  Competition is good for consumers.  It breeds improvement.  That's what Codemasters need with the F1 series to push them to a new level.

VDV23 said:
AMS97KRR said:

I wouldn't say FIFA is a good sports, it just appeals to a larger audience. The game itself is incredibly arcadey and completely glances over things like formations, midfield control, playing styles, etc. It's end-to-end stuff and fun, that's why so many people play it, not because of its depth. 

EA, as obnoxious company they are, if they pull their resources they can actually make decent games. However, this hardly ever happens. Their UFC games it miles behind Yuke/THQ's, Madden sucks, NBA Live 15 is not qualified to shine NBA 2k15's shoes, etc. EA won't be my preferred choice for developer of F1 2015, not by a long stretch.
Sure, it is not totally realistic, but then neither is F1. But the career mode is fairly deep, you can actually transfer players, play every match in every competition, you can now manage a national team in World cups and Euros/other continental cups. You can scout for 16 year old stars etc. 
Oh and you can also play an individual player (Of your choosing or your own player you've made - like F1).

At the end of the day, FIFA got the basic formula right, and then built on it. Career mode kept people buying it for years before online was a thing. First thing's first, CM need to make sure Career mode is brilliant, then people will buy it. This would include doing stuff like drivers transferring and maybe even retiring (Meaning career mode would need 15 odd seasons, like FIFA does or at least it is around that number). Custom numbers for the player and other F1 related things. Obviously this would be costly, but they need to sit down the teams and FOM and explain all of this to them, take FIFA as an example of what can be done when rights holders allow more depth.
They HAVE to convince them, otherwise it will always be a stale mode. Either that or they need to come up with some great ideas that don't need the a fore mentioned things. 
Maybe it is time CM made a mode where you can actually manage the team more, choose which parts to develop, hire and fire staff/drivers etc. This would be a fantastic mode. And you'd get to play the races too, they'd have to figure it out. Maybe you drive each driver (in your team) in alternating races? Like one race you are Vettel, next your Kimi etc. 
They can also keep the "Be a driver" mode.

And yeah, EA are a terrible company a lot of the time. But they do give us solid FIFA installments, and as a long as they keep doing that, I'll buy them. I really want CM to succeed but they keep doing things which I just don't understand, and many of you don't either.

theIbzsta said:
OGFedfan said:
I would also prefer to discuss F1 here, but what is there to discuss?  There is no new info unfortunately.

Regarding Project Cars, I got it yesterday on PS4 and once I got the hang of the handling its the best I've experienced.  Excellent road feel (even with a pad).  I was expecting extreme difficulty, but that wasn't the case.  Abuse the accellerator and you'll pay, but if your smooth you'll succeed.  I completely disagree with the comparison to Gran Turismo.  Doesn't feel anything like it.  Unfortunately, online was full of the usual rammers. 

I agree. Project cars is truly awesome. Only if Codemasters could use this quality and realism of AI in their F1 Games
I've always likes CM AI a bit more than other racers, even with their few quirks... And honestly project cars AI DRIVES ME CRAZY, they are just so inconsistent and sometimes the aggression is just out of hand. And when I say aggression it's not in a good way. So I I have pretty high hopes for the AI This time around
Good point but sometimes it makes races more interesting rater than driving in circles for an hour.

VDV23 said:
BRACHIFER said:
Zombie said:
I am not so sure about buying this game... eurogamer and other big company names to me are not the kind of review to trust AT ALL, because they get paid to bring news and paint games as the "best thing" you ever seen. I seem to be getting caught in the hype... but i gotta bring myself back into reality and not forget the past bad stuff. (Nice try Codies) Also i read a while back think it was about F1 2013 that was named a "full simulation" style game best game ever... we all know how that turned out. Also i am not sure how the ...........
You should seriously consider breaking your wall of text into smaller paragraphs. Makes reading a lot easier :)

Wall of text? LOL. It's FOUR lines.

And I agree with Zombie, actually. I play F1 games to be immersed, not to spectate. And supposedly that was CM's aim as well, remember them saying that this is the reason why we can't spectate AI drivers?

What I find extremely funny is that the new "Career" mode was actually in previous editions of the game (F1 2011, I believe). Then it was removed and now it's re-introduced and CM market it as if we are supposed to be wow'd by the inclusion of it. 
That quote has 18 lines on my phone :p
8 on my ipad

10Tenths said:

JJRosso said:
Not sure why everyone keeps using this forum to vent their frustration,  CM obviously dont care to come on here and read our posts
Like minded complainers

oh, the irony.

Where? Lol

People complaining and posting, about people complaining and posting.

It feels like we're all being setup for a huge let down.

but it's ok, I'm sure after the game, they'll say things such as: 

"we're moving focus towards next years game"

"muh new game engine"

"resource issues"

"steve hood was our god"

10Tenths said:

JJRosso said:
Not sure why everyone keeps using this forum to vent their frustration,  CM obviously dont care to come on here and read our posts
Like minded complainers

oh, the irony.

Where? Lol

People complaining and posting, about people complaining and posting.

It feels like we're all being setup for a huge let down.

but it's ok, I'm sure after the game, they'll say things such as: 

"we're moving focus towards next years game"

"muh new game engine"

"resource issues"

"steve hood was our god"

What do you guys think? Legit F1 2015 screenshot or Fake?

https://twitter.com/mrdangerdaysf1/status/595321703846309888
If u look at the circuit map. That points to it being fake 
How does that make it fake? Seems simular to the other leak screenshots like the hamilton monaco screenshot.

Good observation. The hud of the photo is indentical to the previous one which suggest CM has confirmed the use of hud in the game. 
I think you'll find the track in question is the new Mexican GP track
But we don't get Mexcian GP in 2014. That's wired. 

I have three questions for  @justbiglee
1. Will there be a new penalty system for corner cut? 
2. Have you fix extended corner cut of many tracks?  (for Example Monza, Sochi etc...)
2. Will it be possible save the replay of online races?
Thank you for the attention ;)