Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

I also expected a huge step forward for career mode like a real "zero to hero" mode and so on, I don't play online so a good career mode would have been the only advantage the "official F1 game" had over Project Cars.

So, no career mode = no buy.

Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

For those who say we dont know if career is in this years game yet. Know Lee didnt say no career mode but why are we choosing a driver if career mode is there. The more I think about this the more it does bother me tbh! Im not going to say no career so no buy but It will have a effect on sales in a big way imo as a F1 game is all about career mode!! Why do you think tiemduk (can never remember how he spells it) arrava, zafro and many others do so many career vids on youtube and ppl cry out for more? F1 is all about the weekend as a whole so online isnt and never has been the biggest customer base for the F1 series as most enjoy doing a full season not just some bashing online for x amount of laps.  

Please Codemasters, @justbiglee  come and say something about career mode...I still cant believe there is no career mode, even it it almost loks like it... But F1 without career mode is like Football Manager without tactic, and COD without guns.

Project cars is coming out soon, and look att there career mode, do you guys think you can beat them without career mode?... No, so no matter what it looks like I still cant believe its no career mode.,..

Employee 1: "You know what would really improve our game guys?"

Employee 1: "Removing the one mode people play!"

Employee 2: "Genius!"

AMS97KRR said:
Employee 1: "You know what would really improve our game guys?"

Employee 1: "Removing the one mode people play!"

Employee 2: "Genius!"

Possible the same guy who thought it was good to remove live the life, 1 and 2 practice, press conferanse etc to. Whats next? ''F1 2016, out june 2016! feature 1 practice season and a race! we have removed the qualification to create a much better game, and there is just 3 lap race distanse!'

We need to here from cm about the career mode. And we still know very little on pro mode. So we will have to wait and see 

Lets get something straight people.

There is no official confirmation or statement from Codemasters that career mode has been taken out.  Everyone is jumping into conclusions and assuming things with no evidence to what they are saying and its causing people who do not take time to read to assume that this is true...its NOT.  This all began just because BigLee said "There is nothing else to share at this moment" in a post when someone asked him about career mode.... this does not at all suddenly mean its been taken out..  it means all he is at liberty to say at the moment are the features he mentioned on the first post. Give it a rest and relax....and wait for an official confirmation before getting episodes of psychotic rage, overly exited, sad, disappointment, locking your self in your room to cry for an entire day or seriously thinking of going on a killing spree over the loss of career mode..   FYI scenario mode was implemented along side career mode in the past and nothing was ever taken out then..... So I doubt they took it out now.

Also BigLee has made it very clear that only the first post is an official statement from the company regarding the game.... all other replies after should be treated as rumors. Pay attention. Amazing how quick a rumor got out of hand.

Practice sessions where taken out for a complete different reason with no connection to this. They where really useless.... and i agree with Codies on this when the practice sessions issue first came to light. Hopefully they found a way to make those session actually useful and reintroduced them into the game this year. Set ups are pretty much the same minus a few tweaks. Having those sessions made no difference on lap times in the past. But hopefully they might now.

>:)

Looks good, hopefully there is still some kind of career mode because it actually looks like that could be enjoyable for once since F1 2010.

Hughesy said:
I guess from the lack of an answer to three of us, there is no voice interaction on PC.
Seems that way, sucks :(

@justbiglee Any chance you could answer this please? :kissing_closed_eyes: 
At the moment no, as it currently stands on PC the engineer will give you updates as you race but you can't request them using any kind of voice control. As I'm sure you guys are aware its been a hot topic this afternoon and by far the most asked question. 

As I'm sure you are all aware I'm no developer so I won't try and fob you off with an answer. I will do my best to get a technical answer on it from the studio for you tomorrow and I will obviously be passing your feedback on.

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.
I would assume that the consoles have apps/software to handle the voice recognition and interpretation, where the PC would need something either custom writing or purchasing off the shelf?

I know using "Okay Google" that you need internet connection to interpret what I say, so it's not straightforward, unless the tech is already pre-available to the device in question.

@justbiglee I do wonder though whether any accessibility features in Windows could be used to handle voice interactions (although that'd be a level outside of the game).

Not sure about the accuracy of this, but this Australian Retailer lists release as 12th of June. Also not sure if it was originally mentioned but it also appears that online practice sessions are finally in as well. 
https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/F1-2015/22641589

Chilza381 said:
Not sure about the accuracy of this, but this Australian Retailer lists release as 12th of June. Also not sure if it was originally mentioned but it also appears that online practice sessions are finally in as well. 
https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/F1-2015/22641589

Both Shop To & Amazon UK are listing a release of 12th June so for 3 retailers to list it must mean aomething or they are simply just guessing? But thats a first for online practice sessions.

@justbiglee know your busy just wondering how the quest of answers for the 2 technical questions are going? 

Zombie said:

There is no official confirmation or statement from Codemasters that career mode has been taken out.  

1. Lee is a Codemasters employee.
2. Everything he says about the game is official.
3. He said that you CAN'T USE YOUR OWN NAME in F1 2015, you PICK A DRIVER TO RACE AS.
4. You can't use your own name and create your own driver -> no career mode. Creating your own driver is pretty much the definition of career mode.

Codemasters: "F1 2015 won't have online mode."
Delusional fans: "NO ONE HAS CONFIRMED THERE WON'T BE MULTIPLAYER"

Topkek.

mmpaw37 said:
hola said:
you get sold too easily

Far from it my friend, did you see my threads/posts in recent weeks...?

However, which ever way you look at it, quite clearly the game has moved on. Yes, of course we haven't witnessed any gameplay/videos but, if they're as good as the screenshots then how can it be any worse...?

It is Next-gen after all, built on an all new engine, and i'm sure given the current status at Codemasters and the troubles they've had, I very much doubt they would be stupid enough to carry on the road which they 'were' heading.

Anyway, what difference does it make whether I pre-ordered or not, I can always cancel the order up until the release day if I wish anyway...

C'mon mmpaw37, that's nonsense. All we've seen are 4 screenshots and a release date. You've been ranting all over the place about handling issues, bugs, features that you wanted in the game, how they've let you down as a customer and all of a sudden, because there is some news, you've turned around like a leaf.

I've been critical as well. I like the handling in F1 2014, I think it could be better in F1 2015, I think the graphics can be a LOT better with the next gen and foremost, I would like the game to be much more of an experience, a bit like F1 2010 was. The comments about the broadcasting style, the grid and podium sequences are nice to hear but I would like to know more about the different game modes, and especially career and maybe even if there is a chance on DLC (classic cars, previous seasons, other old F1 tracks like Valencia, Turkey, etc).

I was glad to see the announcement, I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for this years game, but I'm still remaining critical that they have to make a lot of ground up from 2014 to have a game that's up to the standards Codemasters should live up to and I hope that from now on, there will be a bit more buzz and excitement from Codemasters themselves to keep some attention and community going for the game.

KR3 said:
@justbiglee the Kinect & Playstation Headset to talk to engineer feature strikes out to me, I'm from Newcastle, therefore a geordie accent... Will I be understood by my engineer?
Of course! :smiley:
 It will probably be like FIFA 15 where you say if you have a strong Irish accent or a normal English accent upon starting the game

Sector4 said:
Zombie said:

There is no official confirmation or statement from Codemasters that career mode has been taken out.  

3. He said that you CAN'T USE YOUR OWN NAME in F1 2015, you PICK A DRIVER TO RACE AS.
4. You can't use your own name and create your own driver -> no career mode. Creating your own driver is pretty much the definition of career mode.

Topkek.

Hm, What about picking a driver (let's say Felipe Nasr), starting at Sauber working your way up to the world champion in 10 seasons with changing team strengths (e.g. in year 3 Ferrari is the strongest car and so on). That would also be a career mode. Just with a real driver.

I hope @justbiglee can clarify this as soon as possible. It would be a huge disappointment if there would be just one season (like the championship mode from 2014).

I agree. I need to hear more in-depth about what we read so far. I'm far from sold as of yet but I'm listening. We will see over the coming weeks but great to have something to chew over for now.

Tourgott said:
Sector4 said:
Zombie said:

Topkek.

Hm, What about picking a driver (let's say Felipe Nasr), starting at Sauber working your way up to the world champion in 10 seasons with changing team strengths (e.g. in year 3 Ferrari is the strongest car and so on). That would also be a career mode. Just with a real driver.

I hope @justbiglee can clarify this as soon as possible. It would be a huge disappointment if there would be just one season (like the championship mode from 2014).
Drivers changing teams was prohibited by the liscence in previous games. It seems really unlikely that FOM would agree to change that.

Sector4 said:
Thrilll said:
Why are people saying there is no career, @Sector4 do you work at codemasters? No. So why are jumping to conclusions saying theres no career? Its an announcement they said all the new features and i know career mode isnt a new feature is it? Also there might even be a chance that the 'pro season mode' might be the new name for career?
Because if you cant use your own name offline (see the post above yours) then it confirms that there wont be a career.
Okay so you believe someone with no actual proof? @justbiglee said dont believe anything unless its in the announcement or another cm person said so. 

Lee said it himself a couple of pages back. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/74578/#Comment_74578

Your tears of denial taste sweet.
Does seem like that is the case :( That will make me sad. If its true hopefully it's something they work on for 2016. The idea of no career mode, makes me want to just wait for 2016 and see what happens.
Same here pretty much all the excitement I had for the game yesterday went out the window with that omission so unless that decision gets reversed it's unlikely I'll be adding 2015 to my collection. As I see that as a huge step backwards

Sector4 said:
Thrilll said:
Why are people saying there is no career, @Sector4 do you work at codemasters? No. So why are jumping to conclusions saying theres no career? Its an announcement they said all the new features and i know career mode isnt a new feature is it? Also there might even be a chance that the 'pro season mode' might be the new name for career?
Because if you cant use your own name offline (see the post above yours) then it confirms that there wont be a career.
Okay so you believe someone with no actual proof? @justbiglee said dont believe anything unless its in the announcement or another cm person said so. 

Lee said it himself a couple of pages back. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/74578/#Comment_74578

Does seem like that is the case :( That will make me sad. If its true hopefully it's something they work on for 2016. The idea of no career mode, makes me want to just wait for 2016 and see what happens.
I feel the same. I just can't believe a game that is supposed to be, and has to be for the companies sake, the best game they've made is not going to have the most basic mode in any game. Career mode. Like what was actually going on in their mind to come to that conclusion? 

Career mode has more potential than any other area of the game (aside from online, which desperately needs and overhaul too), there is loads that they could do with it if they get the right licensing etc.

But no. Just remove it. Thanks. I'm sure the game will be a big improvement over 2014, and everything else I've seen/heard sounds good. But no career mode in F1 2015 just kills it for me. 

AMS97KRR said:
Sector4 said:
Thrilll said:

I feel the same. I just can't believe a game that is supposed to be, and has to be for the companies sake, the best game they've made is not going to have the most basic mode in any game. Career mode. Like what was actually going on in their mind to come to that conclusion? 

Career mode has more potential than any other area of the game (aside from online, which desperately needs and overhaul too), there is loads that they could do with it if they get the right licensing etc.

But no. Just remove it. Thanks. I'm sure the game will be a big improvement over 2014, and everything else I've seen/heard sounds good. But no career mode in F1 2015 just kills it for me. 

Yeah agree unless I find it in a bargain bin for £10  or something it's unlikely I'll be buying it without career mode. It's nice to have all the new graphics and all but I'd trade that for career mode back tbh. So unless that decision is reversed I'll stick with 2014 and the other games which albeit a bit of a basic career mode at least it has one.

I'll continue to watch just in case they choose to reverse the decision but in the case it isn't reversed it's likely to have cost them a sale at least from my point of view