Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Sector4 said:
Zombie said:
Lets get something straight people.

There is no official confirmation or statement from Codemasters that career mode has been taken out.  

1. Lee is a Codemasters employee.
2. Everything he says about the game is official.
3. He said that you CAN'T USE YOUR OWN NAME in F1 2015, you PICK A DRIVER TO RACE AS.
4. You can't use your own name and create your own driver -> no career mode. Creating your own driver is pretty much the definition of career mode.

Codemasters: "F1 2015 won't have online mode."
Delusional fans: "NO ONE HAS CONFIRMED THERE WON'T BE MULTIPLAYER"

Topkek.
Although I see where you're coming from in your conclusion, you've still jumped to a conclusion.
The actual quote was that he said you pick your team/driver and race as them. (Which as we know, is GP mode). He never said there is no career mode and he never said you can't use your own name. (Unless I'm missing something that was said on twitter. I don't do twitter).
There are any number of reasons for this such as perhaps they can't talk about it yet and so they avoid the question. Perhaps they're working on it but don't want to announce it yet in case they have to remove it for whatever reason. Or maybe there are pre-set drivers we choose from and use those as our avatar.
We don't know yet. There is no official confirmation either way that it's in or out. Only conclusions are being made from limited information. It sounds so far like it might not be, but they may announce it later or it links with this new pro mode, which to me sounds similar to a career mode anyway. Much like the Be a Pro mode in Fifa.

I'm guessing the removal of career mode (if it has been removed) was due to the Broadcasting feel so that Crofty didn't have to record all the dozens of voices and nicknames available.

A real shame anyway, would have been that hard to record them but meh, I'm guessing its that reason anyway.

Hi all, 

Sorry I've not been about as much today, been crazy busy! Got a few updates and things I can confirm for you that have been mentioned here and on Twitter/Facebook.

I don't have anything to share about online at the moment but I am happy to say that yes you can hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session, and then challenge your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer. (this is new info)

Lot of people asking about podium celebrations... Yes we have those too (that was in the announce blog post).

As for those asking for more info on Championship and Pro Season mode I really think you'll like what we've done, I think its awesome and we'll be sharing more info on it when we're ready.

I know how you guys feel about how we've perhaps treated you in the past. Try to stop thinking of F1 2015 as the next game after 2014 (I know that sounds stupid but hear me out). Forget everything you know about our past games, this is a fresh start from the ground up in every meaning of the word, not only for the game but hopefully how we talk about it (how am I doing so far???).

If it helps think of it as more like Batman Begins and less like Batman and Robin.

Hi all, 

Sorry I've not been about as much today, been crazy busy! Got a few updates and things I can confirm for you that have been mentioned here and on Twitter/Facebook.

I don't have anything to share about online at the moment but I am happy to say that yes you can hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session, and then challenge your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer. (this is new info)

Lot of people asking about podium celebrations... Yes we have those too (that was in the announce blog post).

As for those asking for more info on Championship and Pro Season mode I really think you'll like what we've done, I think its awesome and we'll be sharing more info on it when we're ready.

I know how you guys feel about how we've perhaps treated you in the past. Try to stop thinking of F1 2015 as the next game after 2014 (I know that sounds stupid but hear me out). Forget everything you know about our past games, this is a fresh start from the ground up in every meaning of the word, not only for the game but hopefully how we talk about it (how am I doing so far???).

If it helps think of it as more like Batman Begins and less like Batman and Robin.
Great Job!, next question is how long is the online practce question? How where the findings for the 2 technical questions? We will always ask questions haha

Hi all, 

Thankyou Lee, it's really nice to see this sort of attitude. :)

Hi Lee I'm guessing you can't or won't answer but I was wondering if you have any major features up your sleeves or if the main focus of this game will just be getting the basics like handling and such nailed on the new engine. Either way I look forward to seeing it in motion.

Can you join an already in progress online practice session, or do you have to be there when it's created to join?

MrSave07 said:
Hey @justbiglee any info about career?
Yeah I think we need some definite clarification on this because unless I know more about the single player modes and in particular career mode right now I won't be buying as I need to know what I'm getting for my money. Especially as being on benefits and that I don't have a great deal of money to splash so quite often have to pick and choose where my spare cash goes. If I don't like what I hear then my focus is going to be elsewhere

Sector4 said:
Zombie said:

There is no official confirmation or statement from Codemasters that career mode has been taken out.  

3. He said that you CAN'T USE YOUR OWN NAME in F1 2015, you PICK A DRIVER TO RACE AS.
4. You can't use your own name and create your own driver -> no career mode. Creating your own driver is pretty much the definition of career mode.

Topkek.

1 right we all know who Lee is.
2 wrong... take time to go back and read his posts.He clearly made a warning about whats official and whats not.
3 That explains nothing... it does not mean in any way shape or form that career mode has been suddenly taken out just because you can't add your own name. The option to play as a driver and not as your own name only means you will be able to only play as official  drivers of the F1 grid.
IE: You enter the mode as Jenson and you stay as Jenson.

Zombie said:
Sector4 said:
Zombie said:

Topkek.

1 right we all know who Lee is.
2 wrong... take time to go back and read his posts.He clearly made a warning about whats official and whats not.
3 That explains nothing... it does not mean in any way shape or form that career mode has been suddenly taken out just because you can't add your own name. The option to play as a driver and not as your own name only means you will be able to only play as official  drivers of the F1 grid.
IE: You enter the mode as Jenson and you stay as Jenson.
Dosen't mean things can't change between now and actual release though He's only telling us how things are at the moment. Although I agree it's unlikely too it can happen. I think it pretty much does mean that career mode has been scrapped though given that does seem to be the main point of career mode in the games was to create and compete as an F1 driver.

Career is basic for sports games and shall be on F1 2015. If don't...well,i'll be surprised.

MrSave07 said:
Yeah I think we need some definite clarification on this because unless I know more about the single player modes and in particular career mode right now I won't be buying as I need to know what I'm getting for my money. Especially as being on benefits and that I don't have a great deal of money to splash so quite often have to pick and choose where my spare cash goes. If I don't like what I hear then my focus is going to be elsewhere
Like I said in my post further up try not to think of it as a sequel to F1 2014, this is all new and we'll have more news about all of that with the details of  how you'll play Championship and Pro Season mode in the near future. We're looking forward to be able to talk more about it all soon but it's such a big part of the game we don't want to flood all our information out at once then have some of it get lost which is why we do it in stages.

We'll be talking about game modes, the handling, the physics, online modes, we'll have videos, interviews and loads of other stuff between now and launch, I just ask that you all be patient for the time being.

The great thing about doing it this way is I can tailor what we say next based on your feedback so far by focusing on the things that are most important to you and I've already shifted the plan around a bit.

Hope you can understand that, we've got a good few weeks until launch and if I tell you guys everything today I'll have nothing to talk about in two weeks.

Really glad we've had such a positive reaction so far too, and I'm happy you're all so stoked for the game! On behalf of the everyone here at Codies - Thanks guys :)  

New info - The Steam Page is live (pre-orders aren't up yet though)

And I have the current Minimum PC Specs 

System Requirements

Minimum:
    • Processor: Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD HD5870 / Nvidia GTX460
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard 
I don't have the recommenced yet, these will follow in the next few weeks.

Career mode: You create your own driver and drive for multiple seasons. You also have the option to drive for different teams. Whether it's F1, NBA, WWE, FIFA, NHL or RTL Ski Jumping 2007, career mode is about you creating your own driver/character. 

It's not pizza if you take off the dough, so therefore F1 2015 won't have CAREER MODE. Already confirmed, the end. Now, it will have Championship season and Pro season modes. Those modes can be awesome, groundbreaking, thrilling, revolutionary, breathtaking simulations of the real life F1, but THERE. WILL. BE. NO. CAREER. MODE.

I have no idea why this is so difficult to understand. It's not career mode if you play as Lewis Hamilton. Is time trial still a time trial if there are other cars on track? No, it isn't. 

Yeah,we understand :wink:  ..curiosity...have you played at the hardest difficulty? Is it harder than previous games?

MrSave07 said:
Like I said in my post further up try not to think of it as a sequel to F1 2014, this is all new and we'll have more news about all of that with the details of  how you'll play Championship and Pro Season mode in the near future. We're looking forward to be able to talk more about it all soon but it's such a big part of the game we don't want to flood all our information out at once then have some of it get lost which is why we do it in stages.

We'll be talking about game modes, the handling, the physics, online modes, we'll have videos, interviews and loads of other stuff between now and launch, I just ask that you all be patient for the time being.

The great thing about doing it this way is I can tailor what we say next based on your feedback so far by focusing on the things that are most important to you and I've already shifted the plan around a bit.

Hope you can understand that, we've got a good few weeks until launch and if I tell you guys everything today I'll have nothing to talk about in two weeks.

Really glad we've had such a positive reaction so far too, and I'm happy you're all so stoked for the game! On behalf of the everyone here at Codies - Thanks guys :)  
@justbiglee  i like the sound of your plan, so can we mYbe expect a detailed explanation of 1 or 2 features each week? Sounds like a great way to get all tge information out as even yesterday i totally missed the fact you said Podiums & grid sequence will be in the game from the orginal blog post! Maybe i learn best by looking/watching something

Maybe everybody can stop crying about career mode until we know more about the different modes. We have absolutely no idea what pro season mode is gonna be like. Maybe the idea of a career mode has taken a different format and is re-branded as Pro Season mode. For now, I'm happy to hear more from @justbiglee in the weeks to come. Already have a feeling he's a fresh wind through the Codemasters communication. Active on Twitter and the forums, sharing as much as he can. Feels like Steve Hood did in the early years :)

MrSave07 said:

Don't worry as I wouldn't judge it based on the previous games same as I've not really judged any game based on it's predecessors and I will wait for you to release more info on it before making my decision. I'm just expressing my concern that single player modes aer being neglected a bit here what with the lack of career being mentioned here but as other s have said it may be just under a different name/format rather than being called career as in the earlier games.

I can only judge on what info you and your colleagues give us, that's all what my comments were based on. I know you're not showing all your cards yet and I'll obviously keep an eye on the info you deliver as for better or worse I have enjoyed the F1 series so far for the most part so I may still be persuaded. But I will wait for moer info before I reconsider.

I was just saying that I am a bit concerned about the info I had seen based on career as I spend about 90% of my time in the game in that mode the other 10% doing sprint mode races in gp mode. I don't play online so couldn't really care less about that although I do understand others do so fair enough there. I was just saying as a sp only guy it didn't sound good.

@justbiglee - Hey, Is there any intention to release some a version with bonus stuff, like a special edition at all? I assume you wont be able to talk about that now though. Just thought I'd ask in case, and so that you know someone is interested to know if you have one :p 

MrSave07 said:
Yeah,we understand :wink:  ..curiosity...have you played at the hardest difficulty? Is it harder than previous games?
I've played with the assists all off and the AI on Max and it was nails (but I'm not as good as you guys), I've not tried Pro Season mode yet which is a step up from that!

I rememeber watching Luke play with the assists off and AI on max, he is loads better than me and he was battling it out having a really intense race. It was cool as hell to watch.

AMS97KRR said:
@justbiglee - Hey, Is there any intention to release some a version with bonus stuff, like a special edition at all? I assume you wont be able to talk about that now though. Just thought I'd ask in case, and so that you know someone is interested to know if you have one :p 
Not as far as I know at the moment. Will keep you updated if there is.

@justbiglee Hey man,
I saw the release date as June 12 on many sites including videogamer.com and I don't think that they would say anything without good source.So can you confirm that, also I gotta say that I was not very fond of you before announcement cause of the lack of info but now as a wise old man once said "I am very fond of you Mr.Lee" :smile: