Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

@justbiglee 
Hello. So we will get first videos, screenshots from 2015 next week? Or u cant told us? :dizzy: 
And what about Formation Lap? Can u finally tell us something about it'?

Sector4 said:
Career mode: You create your own driver and drive for multiple seasons. You also have the option to drive for different teams. Whether it's F1, NBA, WWE, FIFA, NHL or RTL Ski Jumping 2007, career mode is about you creating your own driver/character. 

It's not pizza if you take off the dough, so therefore F1 2015 won't have CAREER MODE. Already confirmed, the end. Now, it will have Championship season and Pro season modes. Those modes can be awesome, groundbreaking, thrilling, revolutionary, breathtaking simulations of the real life F1, but THERE. WILL. BE. NO. CAREER. MODE.

I have no idea why this is so difficult to understand. It's not career mode if you play as Lewis Hamilton. Is time trial still a time trial if there are other cars on track? No, it isn't. 
I have no idea what's so difficult to understand in differentiating between confirmations and jumping to a conclusion based on limited information. You've literally taken one line (Which could have easily been used for all of the previous games as well) and concluded there's no career mode. I don't know, you don't know, none of us know if it's in until it's officially stated one way or the other. Instead of losing your rag at other users for telling you this- try and understand the difference between a confirmation and jumping to a conclusion and basing that as a fact. "Pick your team/driver to race" does not instantly equate to "No career mode." We could pick the team and driver to race in 2010-2014 as well.

Lee has said above he can't talk about everything all in one go as there would be nothing to talk about. Perhaps there is a career mode that has lots of new features and that's being saved for talking about later.

@justbiglee will there be a demo for PC & consoles?
I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay footage.

Sector4 said:
Career mode: You create your own driver and drive for multiple seasons. You also have the option to drive for different teams. Whether it's F1, NBA, WWE, FIFA, NHL or RTL Ski Jumping 2007, career mode is about you creating your own driver/character. 

It's not pizza if you take off the dough, so therefore F1 2015 won't have CAREER MODE. Already confirmed, the end. Now, it will have Championship season and Pro season modes. Those modes can be awesome, groundbreaking, thrilling, revolutionary, breathtaking simulations of the real life F1, but THERE. WILL. BE. NO. CAREER. MODE.

I have no idea why this is so difficult to understand. It's not career mode if you play as Lewis Hamilton. Is time trial still a time trial if there are other cars on track? No, it isn't. 
I have no idea what's so difficult to understand in differentiating between confirmations and jumping to a conclusion based on limited information. You've literally taken one line (Which could have easily been used for all of the previous games as well) and concluded there's no career mode. I don't know, you don't know, none of us know if it's in until it's officially stated one way or the other. Instead of losing your rag at other users for telling you this- try and understand the difference between a confirmation and jumping to a conclusion and basing that as a fact. "Pick your team/driver to race" does not instantly equate to "No career mode." We could pick the team and driver to race in 2010-2014 as well.

Lee has said above he can't talk about everything all in one go as there would be nothing to talk about. Perhaps there is a career mode that has lots of new features and that's being saved for talking about later.

Have you even read this topic? 

1. Lee said that you don't use your own name, you pick a driver. THAT. IS. CONFIRMED.
2. If you can't use your own name, then IT'S NOT a career mode. Sure, you can take time trial and call it a career mode, but that doesn't make it so.

And no, we didn't pick a driver to race in career mode in F1 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014. We created a driver. We chose the name, nationality, nickname and helmet. In fact, it was impossible to choose any of the existing drivers for CAREER MODE.

Picking Kimi Raikkonen and driving as him for 10 seasons is not a career mode. You can call it Career in the menus, just like you can say that you have cat, even though you have a dog. But that would just make you retarded. 

New info - The Steam Page is live (pre-orders aren't up yet though)

And I have the current Minimum PC Specs 

System Requirements

Minimum:
    • Processor: Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: AMD HD5870 / Nvidia GTX460
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible soundcard 
I don't have the recommenced yet, these will follow in the next few weeks.
Not that I need to worry, but it's nice to see you guys are still scaling it from bottom to top so more can enjoy it. I may be playing (and making videos) of Pcars at the moment, but I'm really excited for F1 2015, can't wait to see and read more. :)

Sector4 said:

yeah that's what I'm hoping for perhaps they've not mentioned anything yet as they don't want to get our hopes up and later have them dashed given how long they've been working on this and it being a new game and a new start hopefully they can turn things around after all CM need to if they want to keep doing this. I admit I'm worried atm however that can soon change. As far as I'm concerned they still have time to change my mind as the game's not out for another 2/3 months yet. In the meantime though I know where I stand.

Sector4 said:

Oh so if you know so much care to explain what pro season mode is then? Oh whats that.. You dont know what it is? Whats next you start saying "its confirmed online practice is only 5 minutes!!! I have no idea but ill jump to conclusions like always"

Sector4 said:
Sector4 said:

Have you even read this topic? 

1. Lee said that you don't use your own name, you pick a driver. THAT. IS. CONFIRMED.
2. If you can't use your own name, then IT'S NOT a career mode. Sure, you can take time trial and call it a career mode, but that doesn't make it so.

And no, we didn't pick a driver to race in career mode in F1 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014. We created a driver. We chose the name, nationality, nickname and helmet. In fact, it was impossible to choose any of the existing drivers for CAREER MODE.

Picking Kimi Raikkonen and driving as him for 10 seasons is not a career mode. You can call it Career in the menus, just like you can say that you have cat, even though you have a dog. But that would just make you retarded. 

In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

Juice29 said:
@justbiglee Any details on the career mode
Nothing more to share other than what's in the first post at this time. We've got Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.

In neither of those does it say "You can't use your own name". What is being described is very clearly what we know as GP mode. Which has been a feature in every game so far. The first quote could very easily have been used for the previous games as well. It does not equate to there being no career mode.

We don't know that they're not talking about career mode later. We haven't heard everything about the game yet. Again, you've literally taken one line and jumped to a conclusion and now accuse others of not reading the topic? It is not confirmed that it's been cut equally as much as it's not been confirmed that it's in. Until it's actually officially confirmed (which isn't the same as jumping to a conclusion) it's neither in or out at the moment.

I see GAME has pre-order , and release date 12.6.15 ..... Is this game assumption or is this confirmed by CM
Both Shopto & Amazon have the 12th as release date and i doubt they would put this unless they had hard evidence. It seems the retailers got a bigger game detail pack then us as they knew about online practice before we did. 

Prehaps not using your own name means that you have to use a pre selected name or a choice

It's a good day when @mmpaw37 is telling people to calm down. :joy: I agree with him though, people are getting far too worked up before knowing the full details about the game.

Hughesy said:
It's a good day when @mmpaw37 is telling people to calm down. :joy: I agree with him though, people are getting far too worked up before knowing the full details about the game.

Indeed I'm not worked up about it as the game's not out for a while yet. I admit I'd like moer info before I commit to ordering the game as I'm concerned about certain elements which I've mentioned in my earlier posts but they have time to reassure me and show us what their plans are with this

I was disappointed on the day of the announcement when I saw that there is likely to not be a proper Career but I was over it ten minutes later. People reacting as strongly as they are is pretty funny. Don't you think they maybe want to get a game with all of the new engine behind them before they do a Career thing? And to anyone who has been very happy with the lack of a career mode, how did you feel about Career Mode in the past few games? Career has been pretty much the same since 2012!

And I've rarely seen such a laughable turnaround from anyone as I have from mmpaw37. Says they definitely aren't getting the game, have been loudly and repeatedly bashing Codemasters for months (and it is warranted but nowhere near as often as this guy does it), to then be instantly changed to pre-ordering immediately and being completely positive about the future of the series.......stunning.

That little book of calm will be quite handy in this thread!

It is indeed what is most important. If the racing in the game is perfect because of the omission of career mode, it's very much a worthy sacrifice.

I think the Championship mode is where we can choose one of the drivers on the grid and yeah just drive with  him trough the championship.
The Pro Season Mode is where we can choose or create our own driver and compete with him.
Thats my guess

Joethe155 said:
I was disappointed on the day of the announcement when I saw that there is likely to not be a proper Career but I was over it ten minutes later. People reacting as strongly as they are is pretty funny. Don't you think they maybe want to get a game with all of the new engine behind them before they do a Career thing? And to anyone who has been very happy with the lack of a career mode, how did you feel about Career Mode in the past few games? Career has been pretty much the same since 2012!

And I've rarely seen such a laughable turnaround from anyone as I have from mmpaw37. Says they definitely aren't getting the game, have been loudly and repeatedly bashing Codemasters for months (and it is warranted but nowhere near as often as this guy does it), to then be instantly changed to pre-ordering immediately and being completely positive about the future of the series.......stunning.
yeah ('m still disappointed about the lack of career mod but then it could take another form within the game. We just don't know but I'm not assuming anything without more info. Right now the game's a no go for me but plenty can change between now and launch Until we see further info though I'm not making any decisions for certain though I'm just saying that for me based on the info we have right now my answer is "no deal"

@justbiglee I'd just like to say a massive ThankYou for answering all our questions and stuff. No disrespect to former codies employees but you've been the most involved in the community. Thanks so much and I hope you continue to be so integrated with the community as codies originally like to do. 

Thanks sooo much God bless

mmpaw37 said:
Joethe155 said:

The turn around is true, and I might add...warranted!.

I actually didn't 'definitely' state that I wasn't going to ever purchase the game, as strongly as I still feel about the shambles which Formula One has become, I honestly believe until all is lost, there is possibility that it could change very rapidly...Such as Codemasters' new F1 2015 has from its predecessors.

Things take time to 'bed in' as it were, and what I have come to realise is, we've only witnessed 1 year with the new rules/regulations. Of course, this year from the start hasn't gotten off to the best off starts but, it wouldn't take much from Mr.Ecclestone and the FIA to change the system, and F1 could be something special!.

I would also like to clear something else up...

I haven't really been 'bashing' Codemasters as a whole, just certain aspects haven't been up to scratch lately, but like me, things have changed very rapidly..., Isn't the forum a better place...? - Hasn't this changed within days...? - The facts speak for themselves.

Sorry @Joethe155  but It's not your right to say what @mmpaw37 oppinion should be, Is he not allowed to change his mind? Passionate yes, OTT sometimes, absolutely. If he's happy with what he's seen then that's his  prerogative, he's apologised and has moved on.

Now let's get back to talking about the game rather than other people.
:) 

Takes mod hat off.

(even though Lee didn't choose me)

Juice29 said:
Prehaps not using your own name means that you have to use a pre selected name or a choice

very good point mate, as if you chose a pre selected name the race engineer will know what to call you,,,  

"Perhaps this, perhaps that, maybe, let's just wait, you don't know anything..." Denial is strong in this forum. 

I understand that people are desperate for a whole new game, finally on current gen consoles, especially after the bug filled disappointments like 2013 and 2014. But cmon.

More realistic physics than ever is the same thing they say every year. If they put out a demo i guess ill try it and see if i'm blown away. Otherwise this game just looks far too sparse on features to justify buying at anywhere near full price when its competitors are offering so much more.

Would love to be proved wrong in future announcements though. I just really need decent single player options to stay interested in a game for long. Especially a yearly title where the only population may drop rapidly.

Tomi1997 said:
@justbiglee I'd just like to say a massive ThankYou for answering all our questions and stuff. No disrespect to former codies employees but you've been the most involved in the community. Thanks so much and I hope you continue to be so integrated with the community as codies originally like to do. 

Thanks sooo much God bless

Thanks man that means a lot, to be fair to Luke this more open way of talking to you all is something we'd both worked on since Christmas, were he still here he'd be posting up just the same as me. It's a shame we hadn't been able to sooner but in a company as old as Codemasters trying to make changes to "the old ways" is a long process. 

Not directly related to F1 but as more of a company thing I'll be sharing much more info about the people who work at Codies and what they do. Hopefully it will give you all a sneak peek inside and get to learn more about the guys and girls actually making your games and let you get to know us as a company better.

I'm hoping that's something you'll find interesting and to tie you over until the next F1 news drop :)

I think I said this yesterday but you've all been awesome this week, so happy that you like what you see so far. Enjoy the race tomorrow and have a good weekend. :D