Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Thrilll said:
More realistic physics than ever is the same thing they say every year. If they put out a demo i guess ill try it and see if i'm blown away. Otherwise this game just looks far too sparse on features to justify buying at anywhere near full price when its competitors are offering so much more.

Would love to be proved wrong in future announcements though. I just really need decent single player options to stay interested in a game for long. Especially a yearly title where the only population may drop rapidly.
that's why for me it's a no go at the moment as well I want a good single player experience without a career mode of sorts this game is unlikely to give me that. Of course nothing has been confirmed yet career may just be a different format in this game or just not called career here until moer details are released it's best we just stay patient though.

Thrilll said:
More realistic physics than ever is the same thing they say every year. If they put out a demo i guess ill try it and see if i'm blown away. Otherwise this game just looks far too sparse on features to justify buying at anywhere near full price when its competitors are offering so much more.

Would love to be proved wrong in future announcements though. I just really need decent single player options to stay interested in a game for long. Especially a yearly title where the only population may drop rapidly.
that's why for me it's a no go at the moment as well I want a good single player experience without a career mode of sorts this game is unlikely to give me that. Of course nothing has been confirmed yet career may just be a different format in this game or just not called career here until moer details are released it's best we just stay patient though.
Same for me, I only play offline in the F1 games so something like a career mode is the main reason for myself buying the game but looking at Lee's posts in the thread it looks a lot more promising than before that there is something like this.

Hughesy said:
KR3 said:
@justbiglee the Kinect & Playstation Headset to talk to engineer feature strikes out to me, I'm from Newcastle, therefore a geordie accent... Will I be understood by my engineer?
Of course! :smiley:
What about on PC, can we use mics to talk to the engineer? If not then boo  :p
They said on twitter that it's only available on console.
Very sad :/ you can use headsets on pc too, so why not on pc as well?

mmpaw37 said:
Hughesy said:
mmpaw37 said:
Joethe155 said:
I was disappointed on the day of the announcement when I saw that there is likely to not be a proper Career but I was over it ten minutes later. People reacting as strongly as they are is pretty funny. Don't you think they maybe want to get a game with all of the new engine behind them before they do a Career thing? And to anyone who has been very happy with the lack of a career mode, how did you feel about Career Mode in the past few games? Career has been pretty much the same since 2012!

And I've rarely seen such a laughable turnaround from anyone as I have from mmpaw37. Says they definitely aren't getting the game, have been loudly and repeatedly bashing Codemasters for months (and it is warranted but nowhere near as often as this guy does it), to then be instantly changed to pre-ordering immediately and being completely positive about the future of the series.......stunning.

The turn around is true, and I might add...warranted!.

I actually didn't 'definitely' state that I wasn't going to ever purchase the game, as strongly as I still feel about the shambles which Formula One has become, I honestly believe until all is lost, there is possibility that it could change very rapidly...Such as Codemasters' new F1 2015 has from its predecessors.

Things take time to 'bed in' as it were, and what I have come to realise is, we've only witnessed 1 year with the new rules/regulations. Of course, this year from the start hasn't gotten off to the best off starts but, it wouldn't take much from Mr.Ecclestone and the FIA to change the system, and F1 could be something special!.

I would also like to clear something else up...

I haven't really been 'bashing' Codemasters as a whole, just certain aspects haven't been up to scratch lately, but like me, things have changed very rapidly..., Isn't the forum a better place...? - Hasn't this changed within days...? - The facts speak for themselves.

Sorry @Joethe155  but It's not your right to say what @mmpaw37 oppinion should be, Is he not allowed to change his mind? Passionate yes, OTT sometimes, absolutely. If he's happy with what he's seen then that's his  prerogative, he's apologised and has moved on.

Now let's get back to talking about the game rather than other people. :) 

Takes mod hat off.

(even though Lee didn't choose me)

Thankyou sir!...(And @joethe155, I am not insulting you), its just nice that a member is actually agreeing with what I've stated.

Look guys, My personal belief is F1 2015 will be the game we've all been wanting since the initial inception of the series. However, like @justbiglee has stated, we got to not place this 2015 iteration in the same category as its predecessors - F1 2015 is Next-Generation...Period.

Everyone has their own beliefs/opinions of which they are entitled, and I think this forum would be a much better place if we all took note of that fact!...(I know, I was one of them).

Well, I think you are being a bit ambitious there, given how picky you are about the details (that's not a bad thing btw).

Firstly, you have to ask yourself what the F1 series of games are about. And again the issue comes up that they are simcade rather than sims. CM are going to be focussing on the glossy graphics and features that appeal to the masses in the first instance - because it mkes more sense to apply your dev resource to the features the masses want. Not the fine detail that appeals to the sim racing expert. At least in the first release anyway. 

Secondly because its new hardware on PS4 and Xbox and it takes time to get the most out of these. If you look at say the changes between Dirt and Dirt 3 they are enormous. That's not to say dirt wasn't good in its time, its just Dirt 3 was a lot lot better IMHO.

That said I am sure F1 2015 will be a great game and a lot of fun to play, but I doubt whether it will be a great sim and you have to extend CM some breathing space to get fully to grips with the new hardware.

Anyway, I bought a shiny new Xbox FH2 pack from Sainsburys this morning to play this on when it arrives ! In the meantime FH2 should keep me busy !

I know I am probably being over ambitious in hoping we may see some classics appear again, but the fact that there are going to be two car sets (2014/2015) kind of indicates to me that at least it could be possible if the game is a big seller. I love the classics in 2013 sooooooo much.

Andi said:
Thrilll said:

Same for me, I only play offline in the F1 games so something like a career mode is the main reason for myself buying the game but looking at Lee's posts in the thread it looks a lot more promising than before that there is something like this.

Yeah it's starting to sound like career might be under a different name/format so it does give me hope they may have changed it a little bit. Until we have more info I'm not going to speculate. All I can asy is until we know one way or another that there is some form of career mode I'm staying on the no side of the fence. It's quite possible CM| have done a kind of Fifa and just changed the name and tweaked things and by that I mean they went from a basic career modeand called it manager mode and added Be a Pro mode aas well. It's quite possible that's the direction they've gone. I think it's unlikely as I'm not 100% suer that CM would have the resources to take things that far but it is possible.

Besides I can still be persuaded given the circumstances as I always keep an open mind. After all I hadsimilar concerns as to whether I'd like Dragon Age Inquisition given how challenging I was finding the first 2 games initially therefore I only bought it on download now I'd say it's probably my favourite of the DA games, so plenty of things can change between now and when the game launches off the grid in June.

I'd say no, but you never know, I think at best , will have to wait for reviewers to receive the promotion copy, when we can watch some youtube

Hi,

could please just answer one question, will the 3 free practices be included in F1 2015 during the weekend?

thanks

Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.
I like to race as myself and see my name on screen. This is disappointing. No more career mode then.

I was playing F1 2010 yesterday and thinking WHY, just WHY take that carrer mode off after F1 2011...seriously..was an amazing start for a carreer mode..all the paddock and contract and agent and interview stuff...I wonder WHO suggested to change that and thought the blue boring menu system was better..

tMansell said:
I was playing F1 2010 yesterday and thinking WHY, just WHY take that carrer mode off after F1 2011...seriously..was an amazing start for a carreer mode..all the paddock and contract and agent and interview stuff...I wonder WHO suggested to change that and thought the blue boring menu system was better..
THIS ^ 

Completely aggree. The handling improved but the soul of the game died from '12 onwards. I hope there will be a decent career mode in F12015, with all the immersion of the first two games. 

tMansell said:
Agreed I srtill play F1 2010 although I have all of them but that is probably the most satisfying of the games I do like 2012 as well though as I find I'm involved in a lot of good competitive races at my level there as well so I don't find that to bad even though that's when the mode started to fall apart. I'd like to think things will get back on track with 2015 but only time will tell. We have to wait and see what CM decide to share in terms of the game over the next 2/3 months before it comes out.

Hi all, 

Sorry I've not been about as much today, been crazy busy! Got a few updates and things I can confirm for you that have been mentioned here and on Twitter/Facebook.

I don't have anything to share about online at the moment but I am happy to say that yes you can hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session, and then challenge your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer. (this is new info)

Lot of people asking about podium celebrations... Yes we have those too (that was in the announce blog post).

As for those asking for more info on Championship and Pro Season mode I really think you'll like what we've done, I think its awesome and we'll be sharing more info on it when we're ready.

I know how you guys feel about how we've perhaps treated you in the past. Try to stop thinking of F1 2015 as the next game after 2014 (I know that sounds stupid but hear me out). Forget everything you know about our past games, this is a fresh start from the ground up in every meaning of the word, not only for the game but hopefully how we talk about it (how am I doing so far???).

If it helps think of it as more like Batman Begins and less like Batman and Robin.
Ooh well said!

I've much respect for you(and everyone at CM btw) @justbiglee, you're just giving us as much info as possible. Just looking forward to the game though :smile:. I saw the comment of how someone was battling it out with AI so that is getting me hyped :). And all the other game modes, and i think that the career mode change could play out very well. Maybe it was time for something new ;). 

ReikoRaph said:
Online practice is nice, very hope for 22 players limit in multiplayer!
Considering there is only 20 cars wouldn't it have to be 20?

Can you describe in few words and numbers what has been changed in EGO engine?
Coz screenshots and this topic says nothing =)
Text chat included i hope?
Would we have nice forcefeedback , not that flat "something" that was before?

gor said:
Can you describe in few words and numbers what has been changed in EGO engine?
Coz screenshots and this topic says nothing =)

I'm also looking forward to some greater detail on what the new EGO engine has brought to the game.  For instance, Codemasters were the first (from memory) to bring us a true leap forward with their wet weather effects back in 2010.  Will 2015 move them to the front again, ahead of the likes of Pcars & Drive Club, in this area.

ReikoRaph said:
Online practice is nice, very hope for 22 players limit in multiplayer!
What are the two extra players going to be driving?
Safety Car & Medical Car????
Or the 2014 cars? Last time I checked there were 22 cars in the 2014 season

According to the game website, the release date will be (for the uk) on the 12/6/15.
Is this true or not I wonder?

Well also Amazon UK & ShopTo are listing that as the release date & it wouldnt surprise me that the retailers got a different information pack then we got to see. Especially as each retailer stated about Online Practice before @justbiglee said anything.