F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

The future of grid

We're working hard on some other things at the moment but a new GRID is never off the cards. Why not tell us what kind of things you would want.

Maybe start a next GRID game wishlist and just start posting up ideas like the DiRT guys did?

What GRID 4 Should be!

A re-working of Grid 1 with some improvements would be a very good start! An upgraded version of ToCA Race Driver 3 would also be more than acceptable!

Not withstanding some of the niggles about over aggressive AI in “G1” and “GAS”, which in my opinion come from low skill players, some of the elements of “GAS” should be included in any forthcoming Grid 4! There can be no doubt that “G1” knocks “G2” and “GAS” into a cocked hat but “GAS” penalty system is the best yet and should be included in any future game. The much maligned elastic band AI should be brought back but with a tension control allowing the “band” to be weakened to match player capability. The elastic band effect had the much desired effect of making offline races more challenging and closer to the finish line.  Racing in Ninja difficulty setting with the AI at its most powerful, it was still possible to break the elastic band and get away from the pack (if you were good enough!).  My recollection of exactly how the aggressiveness of the Ai  in “G1” is not sufficient to make comparisons with “GAS” AI but “GAS” AI is not too aggressive when compared to racing online against idiots who cannot or will not drive cleanly and fairly!

I agree that free practice from the lobbies is a must include, for the same reasons that have already been stated by others, and for at least another reason which I have not seen given! Namely with free practice available in the lobbies grid positions for the impending race could be determined by fastest lap times from the practice session.  About the only thing I like about GT5 and 6 is the way the lobbies work! Text messaging, free practice and the ability for the host to kick unwanted players.  Voting to kick which was a feature of “G1” was the only thing I hated about “G1”.

I definitely want to see the retention of the “Racenet Weekly Challenges” which feature in “GAS” but would ask for a return to the comprehensive and accurate (also understandable) leader boards which “Racenet” seems to be incapable of producing.  The leader boards should be persistent for the main online game, the weekly challenges leader boards should only persist until the challenge ends. The exclamation mark grading system featured in “GAS” should also be retained.

If “G1” had still been  online I would still be playing it! I would not have bought GT5 and GT6, “G2” or “GAS”! Which brings me to the subject of DLC… If an annual DLC upgrade (which included, lets’ say, 5 new tracks and 4 to 6 variants of each of these tracks and a few new cars) was offered I would be happy to spend the £100+ or so which I would have saved by not buying GT5 and six from your rivals and would still have given you the £60 or so that I spent on “G2” and “GAS” so I would not have complained about an annual DLC cost of £20 year on year since Grid 1 was released. I would be happy for an annual DLC upgrade on any future game which when released was as comprehensive as Grid 1 was when the wheels were pulled off after three years!

“We're working hard on some other things at the moment but a new GRID is never off the cards. Why not tell us what kind of things you would want.

Maybe start a next GRID game wishlist and just start posting up ideas like the DiRT guys did?”

Codemasters Community Manager; Owner of the two most bitchin pair of shoes in the company

We have already done this for GRID 1 and ended up with (despite all promises) GRID 2!!! I can’t politely express how I felt about that debacle.  I do wish to state, however, that if GRID and ToCA fans had been listened to and GRID 2 had been listened to the comments such as this… from

“ VirtuaIceMan  Member   Wheel Nut

May 11

I've noticed in many Project CARS reviews they quoted it being like the TOCA Race Driver games. “

Would not be occurring! Project C.A.R.S. would have needed to do much more to be better than a “last Gen” game!

If GRID 2 had been the game Codie’s  fans wanted, had asked for and expected, it is arguable that “pCARS might never have made it to the consoles at all.

Make a game (soon) which makes me want to buy a latest generation console (PS4 in my case).

Until then I will just continue with the pale imitation of what should have been the definitive racing game!

Thanks for at least doing something to rectify the unmitigated  disaster which is GRID 2 and giving us GRID Autosport.

Codemasters Grade.

Could do better! (you have proven this with so many earlier games)

Regards.    Santarini, (60 years old) Codemasters fan since ToCA Touring Cars PS1.

We're working hard on some other things at the moment but a new GRID is never off the cards. Why not tell us what kind of things you would want.

Maybe start a next GRID game wishlist and just start posting up ideas like the DiRT guys did?

i think i will

A funny thing has happened.  I just noticed that for the last 1-2 mos the only racing games I have been playing are the ones made by CM.  Dirt 3, F1 2013 & GAS.  I recently reread carefully the posts by Santarini about the AI and am giving them even more room to see if they act like gentleman during the races.  I'll get back to you all.  Currently on season 64 in the career mode.