Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015. [Blog Comments]

How the podium will works, I will be able to create an avatar or something like that? And please tell me that we can choose our number and will have our names on the overalls! Can we edit our helmet? Because even the F1 rules said that the drivers can't change the helmet on the seasson ,we will love if we can change our helmet and edit it with new paints. Or , for example , if I'm a Scuderia Ferrari driver, in my helmet will have the Scuderia Ferrari logo or williams will have REXONA and Matini logo, like in F1 2011 codemasters! Thanks and bring more news

Kheizel said:
Will we be able to choose our car number and gloves colour????????
No chance I would think. It's already been confirmed you can only race as a real-life driver, not create your own, so you probably won't be able to change anything about that driver's appearance.

Kheizel said:
Will we be able to choose our car number and gloves colour????????
No chance I would think. It's already been confirmed you can only race as a real-life driver, not create your own, so you probably won't be able to change anything about that driver's appearance.
Please tell me where it have been confirmed. Do not spread false information.

From the Announcement thread, March 26:
justbiglee said:
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

From the Announcement thread, March 26:
justbiglee said:
Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.
That seems like a massive step backwards for a Codies game. Their old school racing games have always had a major focus on creating your own driver and progressing through a career. We've seen this slowly eroded with these F1 games, with the licence being used as the excuse. I was looking forward to choosing your own driver number, with the new rules, but based on recent titles, where the car you were driving still had the original driver's name on it, I was doubtful. This has confirmed my worst fears. What's the point of a career mode if you're driving as someone else? Is there a career mode? Or is this just going to be a 19-race long season challenge?

Also, your comment 'engine' seems to have a problem with carriage returns/paragraphs.

A friend and I get together each week, put 1 hr 45 mins each on a chess clock, choose a car and circuit in time attack mode and see who can set the fastest time of the evening in our allotted clock time. Any one else play the game like this?

So excited for the new F1 game:-) I've played all the F1 games and loved them but there is just one feature i would love to have in the game is the formation parade lap before the race.

ok im not a huge codemasters racing fan but im willing to give this a go it looks stunning roll on june

Hi all.  Great news that F1 2015 will be released in June and the screenshots and previews look and sound great.  However, the game breaker for me will be how the AI works, especially in the rain.  The PC users can mod the database to slow cars down, but on PS3 it ruins the experience.  I can be a second or so faster in qualifying, then it rains in the race, and they are as fast they were in qualy on primes, whereas I can hardly keep mine on the track, so have to switch.  Also hate that AI cars can happily hit me from behind without penalty. Just played rain affected race in career season and now feel really deflated as the game was so unrealistic.  Great to see improvemants in handling, but improvements in AI more needed. I will def not buy another F1 until it is improved.

Great News!! Being a fan of F1, I really wish if changes are made in 2015 to bring in better gaming experience. Would like to give a feedback on which the game can be improved, I can write them to you, if you can provide an email. Thanks.

You mongs with an old gen console best uprgrade to a new gen. NO F12015 game on PS3 or XBOX360 LMFAO!!!!

I think not having a proper Career mode where you can be yourself is really disappointing and I really want it to be back either as an update to F1 2015 or re included into F1 2016 for me not having the proper career mode will make the game not as good as it should be Im really dissappointed. I how ever love the introduction of voice recognition, podium, interviews and formation laps and hope that Career Mode can come back and include these inclusions that would be fantastic

Hi Codemaster,

As a game developer i think you guys make an amazing F1 simulation for both console and PC. I have a few questions that i hope you can reply to.

1. I am wondering if controller users have an advantage as i have a few friends who use them and they seem to do much better than me with a wheel? I think you should make it a bit tougher for them as well!
2. Also is there going to be a cheat prevention in F1 2015?  I see there are users who i can't catch with DRS on and they pass me in the first lap with no DRS on the straights as if they had DRS.
3. This is my big question. I use  Momo Logitech wheel and had no issues in the last 2 versions until i got F1 2014. I noticed in the override option for wheel the steering is spot on and acts like it should but my gas pedal spins the tires with no traction on or medium traction when i only am using 10 to 30% pedal. I can even spin off the track in 4th gear with less than 30% gas pedal. If you try to take a 2nd gear turn forget about it you can't even use 5% gas pedal or you will spin out. And you can't even react fast enough to save it. I do think we need the tires too spin with no traction on but you need to have more than 50% gas pedal even if your at a high RPM. If real formula 1 racers had to use my gas pedal and your settings they would all be spinning off the track. There are some other forums of people complaining about this issue and i find others say it's realism. I disagree as it would take more to make the tires spin. In the last race in Bahrain a driver complained because he could not spin the tires in first gear to warm then up. I can spin the tires in 3rd gear from a stopped position!!! So i think you should look into this because it will prevent wheel users from using the no traction option which is better for feeling the turns as you should slide a small amount with a lot of pedal.

Thanks if you can do something about this issue and i am stuck using traction control with slower lap times.

really fantastic!!! it is one the best games ever for F1 lovers. I can't wait for that... it is really enjoyable to race in legend difficulty mode and if it becomes more and more realistic to the players...it's the best. I think it just needs a little bit more graphical environment and circuits. You are doing an amazing job and very much thank to all you Codemasters guys out there. thank you so much and looking forward to it.

A good F1 game contains a good replay system with realistic static tv camera views and PLEASE DO NOT MAKE MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN LIKE ANY OTHER GAME HAVING REPLAYS WITH unrealistic camera views following a f1 car dynamically. As far as I know F1 cars are NOT being followed by hyperspeed drones surrounding and capturing a car 360° While the driver s suffering 3G in a corner....

i think its goning to be one of the best games of 2015 the Winds plays a big role in formula 1 races so i think you should consder it in the next f1 game and about the interaction with the engineer, the engineer should give you information about the cercuit you racing on like if its need high or low downforce and if its merciful for the breaks wearing or not and one last thing in high air pressure (anticyclone) cercuits like malaysia mexico the power units losses some of its power so you will never get the same preformance from the car and please tell its compatible with the thrusmaster t300rs thanks and excuse my bad english

Hello I'm very happy that you have announced f1 2015 early this summer.I had spent a lot of hours and drove thousand km from f1 2010 until f1 2014 in xbox360.Without to know this game is my best company.I m sure that you gonna succeed again!Thank you !

@Codemasters @Formula1game please make it so, that you are able to choose in a online custom race, to have mandatory pit stop. Incl ai