RANKED LOBBIES ARE DEAD

Guys you need to allow to invite friends again to ranked lobbies , sometimes i am still searching minutes to find a lobby with only 6 players then, half of them unfair.

please do something.

ranked Lobbies are dead

• Like 3

I thought it was my internet that it was so empty hahaha 25% lobbies nothing! So sad

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

And what should they do? Forcing people to play lobbies?

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Disagree 2

34 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

No make different lobbies with and without assists. That would be a good start. 95% of assist using players ruin the race because they get away with everything.

i think people who learned to be skilled without assists would like to race against the same type of players, and not with people who THINK they got skill.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So basically you're complaining that lobbies are dead (and you're right, it depends on the time, today at 12pm I raced a couple of races with 15+ drivers) and you want them to have less players by filtering assist and non assist user? When you have lobbies with a few players you merge them, you don't fragment the player base even more

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

So basically you're complaining that lobbies are dead (and you're right, it depends on the time, today at 12pm I raced a couple of races with 15+ drivers) and you want them to have less players by filtering assist and non assist user? When you have lobbies with a few players you merge them, you don't fragment the player base even more

I would bet on it that a lot of assist players don't run lobbies because of the reason i just gave above. No assist players know what the risk is of wheelbanging, or other nasty tricks so they're more cautious to each other and they race more clean. 

I just had a lobby where someone was defending his line as if he was drunk. Left right left right. And another one who just rams the door shut when you trailbrake beside him. 

That kind of idiotic moves and behaviour isn't present with N-A players. They know the rules, and don't go do whatever it takes to block someone. 

Just a fact. I'd rather race against no assist players like me. Not saying I'm exceptionelly good, but i know the rules, and try to race as clean as possible. When I'm racing another N-A racer, those are the best battles, braking later, locking the front wheels, side to side through corners without having to worry that the other one just swipes you. I can go on for hours.

N-A players are just done with this kind of behaviour and don't see the point in going online anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just allow to invite friends again, thats it. nothing more. 

if anybody who would be in there could invite just 1 friend every lobby would be full...

it has nothing to do with assists and so on. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

I would bet on it that a lot of assist players don't run lobbies because of the reason i just gave above. No assist players know what the risk is of wheelbanging, or other nasty tricks so they're more cautious to each other and they race more clean. 

I just had a lobby where someone was defending his line as if he was drunk. Left right left right. And another one who just rams the door shut when you trailbrake beside him. 

That kind of idiotic moves and behaviour isn't present with N-A players. They know the rules, and don't go do whatever it takes to block someone. 

Just a fact. I'd rather race against no assist players like me. Not saying I'm exceptionelly good, but i know the rules, and try to race as clean as possible. When I'm racing another N-A racer, those are the best battles, braking later, locking the front wheels, side to side through corners without having to worry that the other one just swipes you. I can go on for hours.

N-A players are just done with this kind of behaviour and don't see the point in going online anymore.

Basically, based on nothing you're saying that NA players are clean, assist players are fooking dirty drivers who play just to ruin your experience. A "fact", and you didn't even show a proof. And no, your so called instinct isn't a proof

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read HAAHAHAHAHAHHA. Sincerely, a mid TC and corner racing line clean driver. Get off your high horse

Edited by TheWalker17

1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

No make different lobbies with and without assists. That would be a good start. 95% of assist using players ruin the race because they get away with everything.

i think people who learned to be skilled without assists would like to race against the same type of players, and not with people who THINK they got skill.

Not everyone can race like you can with having skills. Assist are there for learning.
many peopel don't jhave the skills and uses the assist to learn.

i think you should also have a little bit of understanding for low-level drivers who drive with assist. the learning process in such games is not overnight, especially with gamepad.

• Agree 1

I agree, the lobbies are stupid. I'm struggling like mad to get a half decent result when someone with all the assists on just fly round. It's cheating in my opinion.

Would love to play witn people who don't use them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The reason why ranked is dead is because damage is on in 5 lap races. I kept mentioning this to my friends since 2015 that I never understood why it is on in such short race distances in the first place. Having a good result when you are taken out by children with controllers / keyboards who think this is mario kart or simply rammers or even low connection players in the first turn is impossible in 5 lap races. So why should anyone bother with ranked? I personally find more players in 25% ranked lobbies simply because there you can at least have some chance with good skill of fighting your way back after being almost a lap down because of an early pitstop.

For example: Today I had a player infront of me during an unranked 5 lap race in Silverstone. He was the only one lagging so bad that he was jumping from one side to the other almost every half a second, making passing him impossible without contact and the system inevitably giving me a time penalty in the end. So I stayed behind and let others coming from behind me pass to have a go themselves. Guess what happened... Now imagine that being a ranked lobby. Why should you bother with such players at all if all they gain from that is an unfair penalty and deduction of safety rating etc.?

Why is there no max. allowed ping before he gets perma-ghosted in a lobby anyway?

15 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

The reason why ranked is dead is because damage is on in 5 lap races. I kept mentioning this to my friends since 2015 that I never understood why it is on in such short race distances in the first place. Having a good result when you are taken out by children with controllers / keyboards who think this is mario kart or simply rammers or even low connection players in the first turn is impossible in 5 lap races. So why should anyone bother with ranked? I personally find more players in 25% ranked lobbies simply because there you can at least have some chance with good skill of fighting your way back after being almost a lap down because of an early pitstop.

For example: Today I had a player infront of me during an unranked 5 lap race in Silverstone. He was the only one lagging so bad that he was jumping from one side to the other almost every half a second, making passing him impossible without contact and the system inevitably giving me a time penalty in the end. So I stayed behind and let others coming from behind me pass to have a go themselves. Guess what happened... Now imagine that being a ranked lobby. Why should you bother with such players at all if all they gain from that is an unfair penalty and deduction of safety rating etc.?

Why is there no max. allowed ping before he gets perma-ghosted in a lobby anyway?

I understand and agree about the ping point. Today I raced in Bahrain, starter 3rd, the guy in second was jumping back and forth I couldn't tell what was his real position on track. It ended with him spawning a few meters ahead of me after turn 8 exit and contact was inevitable. There should be a limit to the ping, sometimes it's impossible to race against these guys because you care too much

Posted (edited)

Damage should be on, to punish those who cause contact with reduced performance (lower downforce with damaged front wing)

I’ve had full lobbies in ranked, I think alot of people are still doing placement races to determine safety rank, once most people have done this i think lobbies will be more full

Edited by terrible1fi
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, AlexTT said:

If you are a clean racer, you should be able to manage to get the A or S rating on clean driving and find better lobbies. I managed to do it, and got kicked out (or freed from) the not-so-clean lobby I was in:

If you care about clean racing and don't care about ranking system much, there's the new league system that should help you find racers that want the same.

20190702161949_1.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chicane486 said:

If you are a clean racer, you should be able to manage to get the A or S rating on clean driving and find better lobbies. I managed to do it, and got kicked out (or freed from) the not-so-clean lobby I was in:

If you care about clean racing and don't care about ranking system much, there's the new league system that should help you find racers that want the same.

20190702161949_1.jpg

My safety rating is S, only problem is those so called Gold "skill" levels whom most are assist users (just like last year), and they tear down your skill level when your good quali is again beeing screwed by some "skilled" player who doesn't care about clean racing. That's why split lobbies are needed, would end all these topics. 

For platinum trophy people need to get gold skill status, well, that's gonna take a while. 

Problem is that the assist users also manage A or S status, but know the most dirty tricks to eliminate people without even beeing warned.

this was an issue in '17 and '18 also, and we are screaming for split lobbies. The chance the races are cleaner and also better is much greater, thus more exciting for everyone. Now it's just a good qualiy, and fingers crossed what moron goes full ******.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Disagree 2

ranked was great in the last game but now its completely useless when you cant invite your friends.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, woodyinho44 said:

just allow to invite friends again, thats it. nothing more. 

if anybody who would be in there could invite just 1 friend every lobby would be full...

it has nothing to do with assists and so on. 

this!!!!

20 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

you all misunderstood the theme of this thread, it is just about to make sure to invite friends in your ranked lobby cause nobody plays anymore otherwise.

you will never get clean racing or anything cause sometimes even an a or b rating driver gets dirty in a special situation. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

The point of this thread is clear. If you use assists you're dirty, no matter what. Sir Alex says so, so it must be true. If you don't use assist you are FOR SURE a clean driver, it's impossible you happen to be a dirty driver. Mean and nasty assist users, **** them, they're ruining the experience of our beloved and pro player sir alex, who is for sure a great and clean driver, of course he is, he doesn't use assists. It doesn't matter if he doesn't show us a proof of what he says, our master MUST be correct, we have faith in what idio... ehm, sorry, pro players say

Edited by TheWalker17

1 hour ago, TheWalker17 said:

The point of this thread is clear. If you use assists you're dirty, no matter what. Sir Alex says so, so it must be true. If you don't use assist you are FOR SURE a clean driver, it's impossible you happen to be a dirty driver. Mean and nasty assist users, **** them, they're ruining the experience of our beloved and pro player sir alex, who is for sure a great and clean driver, of course he is, he doesn't use assists. It doesn't matter if he doesn't show us a proof of what he says, our master MUST be correct, we have faith in what idio... ehm, sorry, pro players say

Sure it doesn't follow they just because someone uses no cheats, sorry assists, in online lobbies then it must mean they are a clean driver. It's just that you won't see many dirty NA drivers because they know they will crash way more often if contact is made. Plus anyone who is making the effort to improve their skills is more likely to WANT a clean race where those skills can be put to better use. The following statements I believe to be true :

Not all assist drivers are dirty. 

Most /All dirty drivers use assists. 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Again, any proof? I don't think it's a difficult question, you want me to draw you a picture?

I don't get this hate towards all assist users. You get rammed? Get good and start from the front rows, or stay there, become a ghost and wait for everyone to pass you and do a clean race, and get an higher rank, higher rank: less chance to find dirty drivers (I'm following your principles, who makes an effort to improve is most likely to be a clean driver, so an higher rank means less dirty drivers because no one would put efforts in getting S rank to ram into people, it's senseless, so get good or start from last place get an higher rank)

Edited by TheWalker17

2 hours ago, TheWalker17 said:

Again, any proof? I don't think it's a difficult question, you want me to draw you a picture?

I don't get this hate towards all assist users. You get rammed? Get good and start from the front rows, or stay there, become a ghost and wait for everyone to pass you and do a clean race, and get an higher rank, higher rank: less chance to find dirty drivers (I'm following your principles, who makes an effort to improve is most likely to be a clean driver, so an higher rank means less dirty drivers because no one would put efforts in getting S rank to ram into people, it's senseless, so get good or start from last place get an higher rank)

Hey buddy, read the topic of this threat, assists was not the discussion, it only about the possibility to invite friends in ranked lobbies man. 

Just now, woodyinho44 said:

Hey buddy, read the topic of this threat, assists was not the discussion, it only about the possibility to invite friends in ranked lobbies man. 

I'm not referring to you mate, tell that to the pro players above

24 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

I'm not referring to you mate, tell that to the pro players above

Omg, seriously!? Dude you made me laugh and almost **** myself🤣

if you go use the search function in this forum, then you have your proof. This subject goes back to 2017.

@sloppysmusic at least understands what I mean. 

To be honest, i still have to encounter the first dirty NA player😱. Guess we pro elitists are too busy working on our skill, and dodging all those cheat.... oh euhm dirt rally drivers who fly theough the gravel, over curbs, and such ********. We need our pro elitist skill to actually have car control in stead of mindkilling push throttle push brake push throttle push brake. I don't see how people can be satisfied afterwards when they win. They know they chea.... oh **** sorry, use trainingwheels, don't have skill because the trainingwheels keeps them straight, and then yeah, it isn't so hard to win a race of you can use litterally every inch off en on the track without spinning off. Must be a very proud feeling i guess... (sarcasm off) 

Said the PS4 guy who probably never tried a sim like rF2 or iRacing 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have fun playing a simcade and feel an elitist, I keep my efforts for serious racing games