RANKED LOBBIES ARE DEAD

2 hours ago, TheWalker17 said:

Said the PS4 guy who probably never tried a sim like rF2 or iRacing 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have fun playing a simcade and feel an elitist, I keep my efforts for serious racing games

Okay big boy. Does this mean you'll finally shut up? Omg, some people....

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheWalker17 said:

Said the PS4 guy who probably never tried a sim like rF2 or iRacing 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have fun playing a simcade and feel an elitist, I keep my efforts for serious racing games

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read HAAHAHAHAHAHHA. Sincerely, a mid TC and corner racing line clean driver. Get off your high horse

[/quote]

typical blablabla big mouth. Good luck with your serious racing games and your mid TC race line🤣🤣

if you are so into serious racing games mid TC  and especially racing line are the first things you DON't need🤣

people like you can't be taken serious. 

Edited by AlexTT

33 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Ok, I'll try to explain this to you like I'm talking to my 5 yo cousin, since you're level seems this. Every game needs practice, every game. This is a sim? No. Do I care to perform like a pro on this? No. Do I need to put efforts on this to learn how the car handles compared to other games/sim (you know, cars are different from game to game, maybe you can get this). rF2 is a sim? Yes. Do I care to perform okay on that? Hell yes. Do I need to put efforts on rF2 to learn every aspect of the car? Yes.

Do you understand or you need a picture?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

Ok, I'll try to explain this to you like I'm talking to my 5 yo cousin, since you're level seems this. Every game needs practice, every game. This is a sim? No. Do I care to perform like a pro on this? No. Do I need to put efforts on this to learn how the car handles compared to other games/sim (you know, cars are different from game to game, maybe you can get this). rF2 is a sim? Yes. Do I care to perform okay on that? Hell yes. Do I need to put efforts on rF2 to learn every aspect of the car? Yes.

Do you understand or you need a picture?

Like I would tell my 16 yo cousin, get in, shut up and drive... 

you're in for a surprise with TC off... learning hahaha don't get me started. Good excuse. 

The best and fastest way to learn if you want to perform is to switch it all off and go. Steeper learning curve, and I know it can be frightening without TC and your racing line, but after 10 laps you know how to handle it. 

If you quit smoking you don't quit instantly right? Slowly smoking less and then quitting. OFFCOURSEEEEE🤣 

btw IRL cars are also different! I work with them every single day. After 10 mins anyone knows how to drive it. Wheter it's a lambo or a mazda. 

Edited by AlexTT

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Like I would tell my 16 yo cousin, get in, shut up and drive... 

you're in for a surprise with TC off... learning hahaha don't get me started. Good excuse. 

The best and fastest way to learn if you want to perform is to switch it all off and go. Steeper learning curve, and I know it can be frightening without TC and your racing line, but after 10 laps you know how to handle it. 

If you quit smoking you don't quit instantly right? Slowly smoking less and then quitting. OFFCOURSEEEEE🤣 

Oh my ******* ******* ******* god. It's not so difficult to understand: I DON'T GIVE A F.U.C.K. TO LEARN HOW THE CAR HANDLES ON THIS GAME, HOW IT BEHAVES WITHOUT TC, THROTTLE RESPONSE AND WHATEVER IS IMPORTANT TO PLAY WITH NO ASSISTS. I PUT THIS EFFORTS IN SIMS WHICH I CONSIDER MORE IMPORTANT TO ME. This game to me is nothing more than a warm up, or a game where I want to drive and relax, without being focused on the assists level.

When you want to relax what do you play? Do you play a game at max difficult or you play something that doesn't require your focus?

Edited by TheWalker17

Posted (edited)

Then don't bother people who actually try to race in RANKED lobbies in COMPETITIVE online.. Because the people there DO GIVE A **** about THEIR time THEY invest in this game. 

go chill in unranked or whatever. 

Edited by AlexTT

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Then don't bother people who actually try to race in RANKED lobbies in COMPETITIVE online..

go chill in unranked or whatever. 

So you're still assuming I'm a dirty driver, jeez. I thought you were smarter than this. You literally have the IQ of a stone

Edited by TheWalker17

Just now, TheWalker17 said:

So you're still assuming I'm a dirty driver, jeez. I thought you were smarter than this

Funny fact... i never called you a dirty driver straight up🤣 not my problem that you feel insulted or whatever.🤣 

Who's assuming here? Assumption is the mother of all fckups...

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Funny fact... i never called you a dirty driver straight up🤣 not my problem that you feel insulted or whatever.🤣 

Who's assuming here? Assumption is the mother of all fckups...

It's called logic.

Get an higher rank. You said it: people who put efforts in getting better are more likely to be clean drivers. Ok then, a driver who got the S rank put efforts to get that high rank, so he must be a clean driver. Get an higher rank and you're problem will be solved. I'm starting to think that you're that kind of driver that always blame his opponents for a crash, sometimes you may be right, sometimes not, but for you the problem is always the other driver.

Oh, and it's not your problem if when I start the game I want to chill with a 5 lap ranked. I said that I want to chill, not that I want a wreckfest, there are specific games for that. As long as I race cleanly I do all the ranked I want, assists or not. If you want everyone to play without assists make some friends online and create a league with restricted assists, you will have all the fun you want. But in public lobbies you'll always find that idiot who drives into the other drivers, all you can do is to get an higher rank

Edited by TheWalker17

Posted (edited)

Seems to me both sets of drivers, with or without assists, want to drive online and have fun. It also seems to me thst the definition of 'fun' for each of them can be quite different. Some people love driving dirty and some clean. Some people don't mind being in a lobby with dirty players cos it's only fun right, they didn't have a weeks practice on that track ruined and may just hang back to get some payback on the next lap or they may just keep doing races anyway and just enjoying the experience. The people who DO get upset being with wreckers (for the sake of argument let's say assists or no assists is nothing to do with it) simply cannot abide being in a race with just one single idiot. Like the one joker in class who ruins the whole lesson for everyone else. 

The point of this thread, and IMO a very good one it is..... Is that friends normally drive and seek fun for the same reasons. That's why they are friends in the first place. If you can invite friends to your lobby then quite likely you don't need to segregate assists /no assists at all because everyone is already on the same page fun wise. It's basically giving the players the power to create their own fun without throwing everyone into the same random room and telling them to behave. 

So without continuing the insult-athon.... Can we just have a show of hands for who wants the option to invite friends into a like minded ranked lobby they find vs those people who do not want them to have that option? We could also vote on whether to bring back coop online championships too maybe, as I think the invite friend option is very similar. 

BTW @AlexTTI DO understand what you mean (minus the insults lol).

PS I don't think it's fair for people who play very casual in this game to accuse others who want to take it more seriously as elitists who should be playing another officially SERIOUS sim. Everyone has to start somewhere and no assists in this game is about as easy a drive as you will get in any modern racer game /sim and therefore a great confidence builder maybe leading to other sims or maybe not. Who cares? Let people invite their friends to ranked! Of course they will get the same points in their 'fun' room as others would in the 'serious' room, but as we are not playing for money or big value prizes here who really bloody cares anyway ? 

Can I say 'bloody' here? 

My dad smacked me good for saying that to him when I was a kid.... A long time ago before the internet and video games.... 

Edited by sloppysmusic
Tippos! (spot the irony...)
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

BTW @AlexTTI DO understand what you mean (minus the insults lol).

It was sarcasm in that post lol

• Haha 1

True no assists players are very rare on this game,

Its a myth that no assits refers to only TC & ABS, visual aids are also assists, and give a advantage to a degree,

TV Pod is, if not thee biggest assist out thier, the extra grip and traction in TV Pod is absolutly disgusting, but like the majority are even gonna complain about that :classic_biggrin:

41 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Its a myth that no assits refers to only TC & ABS, visual aids are also assists, and give a advantage to a degree,

TV Pod is, if not thee biggest assist out thier, the extra grip and traction in TV Pod is absolutly disgusting, but like the majority are even gonna complain about that :classic_biggrin:

IMO flashbacks are miles ahead as the biggest assist. I started using them only when I first turned off TC & ABS for obvious reasons but 'forgot' to turn them off again once I had mastered the new settings. Theres always the excuse that oh well the ai are going to wreck me so I only leave it on for that reason... Except it gets used 50 times during the race anyway.

2 examples from streams I watch regularly :

Streamer 1 no assists except flashback. Good driver probably similar to me except he's way better at Monaco than I am so respect. Does 50% races ai around 87 and he's a nice guy, it's cool to cheer him on as the race goes on. Every spin out or drift or minor collision with any damage at all then it is flashback and off we go again. No biggie still fun to watch 

Except.. 

Streamer 2 I watched after streamer 1. Stream title no assists no rewinds let's do this so I thought ok this could be funny. Once again similar skill to me pretty well. Of course the next race was Baku which he'd never seen before. He was running full length sessions. Now this stream went from fun in the last one to intense excitement now. Obviously he hit walls. A lot of them. If wrecked then was back to pits reset. If not then he would continue on anyway trying to learn the track. Long story short he qualified last, which was gonna happen let's face it . Race time comes and I suggest in chat we bet on how many laps before he has to retire from damage. We take our bets.. Race starts. Right after start before first corner the ai sandwich him and spin him. He had no chance. We tell him in chat to restart the session as hadnt even reached first corner and was blameless. He agrees then we watch for intense lap after lap as he survives the race. 2 times he damaged wing but still the car worked so back to the pits for repairs. Both those times ironically the safety car comes out and allows him to catch up to the pack. 2nd SC came out 5 laps to go he's half a lap behind and frantically does great lap after lap trying to catch the pack before end of race. Final lap starts and there is the pack ahead! By now the chat has fallen silent. We don't want anything to disturb this mesmerizing fight back. The ai fight each other and collide so he swerves past them moving up to 13th by the final corners. Turning into the final straight with only a chicane left before finish straight and the chat lights up again with encouragement. He is right behind 12th place with Drs ready to switch on. Through the final chicane the front car holds back slightly (maybe damaged wing?) and streamer lifts off a touch to avoid colliding. Car behind doesnt lift off and clips his rear. Car hits left wall of chicane full force and boom it goes black and white and we all type our commiserations in chat. 

Streamer talks with us a few mins before going off for his dinner. We all agree we probably watched the most exciting F1 game race ever. Even with no points ever being attainable. From not knowing the track at all this dude fought on to the very last lap of this race. Pure excitement. 

I'm never going to use flashback again. Like I said earlier I believe it's the biggest assist of all. 

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

IMO flashbacks are miles ahead as the biggest assist. I started using them only when I first turned off TC & ABS for obvious reasons but 'forgot' to turn them off again once I had mastered the new settings. Theres always the excuse that oh well the ai are going to wreck me so I only leave it on for that reason... Except it gets used 50 times during the race anyway.

2 examples from streams I watch regularly :

Streamer 1 no assists except flashback. Good driver probably similar to me except he's way better at Monaco than I am so respect. Does 50% races ai around 87 and he's a nice guy, it's cool to cheer him on as the race goes on. Every spin out or drift or minor collision with any damage at all then it is flashback and off we go again. No biggie still fun to watch 

Except.. 

Streamer 2 I watched after streamer 1. Stream title no assists no rewinds let's do this so I thought ok this could be funny. Once again similar skill to me pretty well. Of course the next race was Baku which he'd never seen before. He was running full length sessions. Now this stream went from fun in the last one to intense excitement now. Obviously he hit walls. A lot of them. If wrecked then was back to pits reset. If not then he would continue on anyway trying to learn the track. Long story short he qualified last, which was gonna happen let's face it . Race time comes and I suggest in chat we bet on how many laps before he has to retire from damage. We take our bets.. Race starts. Right after start before first corner the ai sandwich him and spin him. He had no chance. We tell him in chat to restart the session as hadnt even reached first corner and was blameless. He agrees then we watch for intense lap after lap as he survives the race. 2 times he damaged wing but still the car worked so back to the pits for repairs. Both those times ironically the safety car comes out and allows him to catch up to the pack. 2nd SC came out 5 laps to go he's half a lap behind and frantically does great lap after lap trying to catch the pack before end of race. Final lap starts and there is the pack ahead! By now the chat has fallen silent. We don't want anything to disturb this mesmerizing fight back. The ai fight each other and collide so he swerves past them moving up to 13th by the final corners. Turning into the final straight with only a chicane left before finish straight and the chat lights up again with encouragement. He is right behind 12th place with Drs ready to switch on. Through the final chicane the front car holds back slightly (maybe damaged wing?) and streamer lifts off a touch to avoid colliding. Car behind doesnt lift off and clips his rear. Car hits left wall of chicane full force and boom it goes black and white and we all type our commiserations in chat. 

Streamer talks with us a few mins before going off for his dinner. We all agree we probably watched the most exciting F1 game race ever. Even with no points ever being attainable. From not knowing the track at all this dude fought on to the very last lap of this race. Pure excitement. 

I'm never going to use flashback again. Like I said earlier I believe it's the biggest assist of all. 

Sound like good streams to watch, links ?

I was more referring to online, offline your not getting a advantage over another player.

22 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Sound like good streams to watch, links ?

I was more referring to online, offline your not getting a advantage over another player.

Streamer 1 (dang he playing borderlands today!)

brunndmc

Streamer 2 (no flashbacks) cant find him although i followed

another good no assists or HUD streamer:

reverendmobin

didnt put links as other racing game showed up!

😄

• Thanks 1

Streamer 1 (dang he playing borderlands today!)

brunndmc

Streamer 2 (no flashbacks) cant find him although i followed

another good no assists or HUD streamer:

reverendmobin

didnt put links as other racing game showed up!

😄

Thankyou for taking the time,

The no assists player using assists though 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BluntRS said:

I just like cockpit view the best. I don't sit on the roof of my car when I drive 🤣

2 hours ago, AlexTT said:

I just like cockpit view the best. I don't sit on the roof of my car when I drive 🤣

😂 If only Codemasters realised thats how cars where driven, mybe wed have a option to make cockpit lobbys.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BluntRS said:

😂 If only Codemasters realised thats how cars where driven, mybe wed have a option to make cockpit lobbys.

Blame the tv coverage! IF they showed cockpit cams all the time everyone would want to use that to look 'pro'

😄

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Blame the tv coverage! IF they showed cockpit cams all the time everyone would want to use that to look 'pro'

😄

TV Coverage! 😎

Did we blame the Fun Lovin Criminals, when people took drugs and robbed banks NO,

Sadly in life some things you cant teach, enough said.

Edited by BluntRS
  • Haha 1

I wonder will they leave multiplayer the way it is for the whole year or implement something, such as no assists racing..

4 minutes ago, PureDriving said:

I wonder will they leave multiplayer the way it is for the whole year or implement something, such as no assists racing..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NOT LAUGHING AT YOU, but at that best joke of the day...

offcourse not you silly, we know by now that CM only calls this the most realistic, but in fact doesn't care about the people who actually want that realism. 

We can keep on dreaming, believe me. No assists lobbys come when newyear and christmas are on the same day.

Maybe a boycott is needed then. This game isn't what most of us paid for tbh, hardly any online racing and when there is it's against 2 or 3 assist drivers or dirty drivers.

Most of my races and leagues have 2 or 3 drivers and half of the time I'm the only one left by the end of the race, doing a time trial by myself. **** that.

I'm on PS4, is Xbox and PC just as bad this year? 

Thread currently on page 2 slowly disappearing never to be seen again, due to no support asking for excalty that, options to make no assists lobbys online.

Posted (edited)

Because most have resorted to career mode since it is much better racing than online, or they dont ever use multiplayer. Time trial also is being used a lot more this year.

Edited by PureDriving