RANKED LOBBIES ARE DEAD

As a community leader i can say that ranked is dead for our 60 players from germany. We all enjoyed playing ranked together in the last year. 

I think ranked is almost dead now. S-ranked players cant find lobbies because no one plays ranked anymore.

Communities cant play competitive together.  

There should be a solution that makes everyone happy. Let us invite friends to lobbies, but make lobbies with different safety ranks. So lobbies are always tagged with its current safety rank. You should be able to invite S and A players to a S-Lobby but you shouldnt be able to invite a D-player. To play with the D-player you have to have to to a C or D-Lobby.

• Agree 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:04 AM, PureDriving said:

Because most have resorted to career mode since it is much better racing than online, or they dont ever use multiplayer. Time trial also is being used a lot more this year.

This is exactly what i have done, staying away from Multiplayer like its the plague... Why they just do not have an options to join ranked races depending on what assists your run or don't run is beyond me. Its down to making non ranked lobbies of your own but of course once you implement a safety rating + Skill level its a like a drug to some people.. 

The most important point of any racing nowadays has been completely forgotten and that is the racing. 

It seems silly that you can’t join a ranked lobby your friend is in. 

In 2018 I used to friend every and all clean fast racers. Then I’d always have a list of people I can cleanly race with who are playing ranked. I could jump into one of their lobbies anytime and I’d be greeted with like minded racers normally. We’d all always end up congregating to the one lobby by joining each other. It was great. 

Posted (edited)

I think to blanket all Assist users as dirty and cheaters is highly unfair. I sadly cannot get to grips with no abs or no TC, so I use medium TC and abs. I am not a dirty driver, I have been playing racing games for years and know how to race, I just can’t manage no assists no matter how hard I try. I am also by no means at an advantage using assists either.  Ok if you compare it to running no assists then my advantage is actually managing to make it round a lap without going off. 

I do get what most people are saying but I thought the whole point of assists were that with abs you have to break earlier, and the TC actually pulls you away slower than if you could perfect no TC, both of those cost the player time, so surely no matter what your skill, you are naturally disadvantaged by using these? This surely meaning that all those racing with no assists are faster anyway??

Edited by johnboy83

It's unfair to say that bad/dirty drivers are the ones playing with assists. For me the main problems are

- In general, people don't behave when they realise they're slower. It's ridiculous how people is playing F1 thinking they're playing Mario kart.

- when something goes wrong the game penalizes too much in terms of points. It's frustrating when the good driver is grinding safety points and then someone crashes and the player gets caught. Too many points are being taken IMO

• Agree 1

Yes, please bring "invite friends to online-ranked lobbys" back... please!

Why we can´t play together this year? -.-"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ps4 

t300 ,Racing rig 

sometimes on iracing PC,

guys upto patch 1.05 there where loads of ranked lobbies,

i am a league owner ,since patches 1.06 1.07 1.08 pad vs wheel is no equal ,

most pad users can now go flat out around every corner, pad users can now drive f2 cars faster then wheel users,

whats changed is they've turned f12019 from a brilliant sim on release to a full arcade game in 3 patches,

it does not reward you anymore for not using assists, that's why game is full of divebomb kids now,

Ffb is now so muted gt sports ffb feels better , 

for what ever reason s codemasters who have ignored everyone gone in favour of pad and arcade mode again,

this  f1 game attracted lots of sim racers at release , only codematers knows the anwsers and they are not telling us,

i got asked by Sony uk have I explained problemd , so I showed them the list ,they then understood,

now get off your back sides codemasters and rollback to patch 1.05 or give everyone a full refund ,

well only those on wheels lol.

what do I know I only run a league ,

leagues ive ran , Pcar1 and 2 , assetto corsa ,dirt rally ps4  , iracing and others on PC ,

so I know very little and learnt nothing over 10 years or more sim racing .

Edited by senna94f1
  • Disagree 1