21 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Btw for 2019 car regulations the changed front wing for much more simple one and that could cause that understeeringn compared to 18 and dont forget how big modern f1 cars are. Bending this monster to slow sharp corner isnt easy i think

Yet the real life 2019 cars are even faster than the 2018 ones.

Yes, there was a major overhaul in the regs this year, a change that made people believe the cars to have massive understeer and laptimes getting slower around 1,5 second, but the teams found so much time to make the cars even faster due to development to the point that we see trackrecords being broken left and right.

Guess CM either did not anticipate this change of real life development, to be fair even the gurus and experts did not know that, or that CM purposefully made the cars that slow.

Either way, all of that doesn't matter anymore, as David Greco confirmed that in one of the upcoming updates we will get more downforce on the cars.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, squalles said:

automobilista, rfactor 2, assetto corsa, you can try some simulation games to compares, and see as give you a similar experience on these 3, but in f1 2019 are completely different

or you can try replicate the hotlap based on real f1 video with same car and track and feel like are impossible on f1 2019, different brakes, acceleration, understeer, grip, looks another category

I've only tracked Formula Mazda in real life, but at minimum it replicates the edge slicks have on open wheel tires. There is no warning when traction goes, it just snaps and goes unlike road cars on the track. 

What I dont get as far as console racing goes, Assetto Corsa has exceptional FFB for F1 cars and it is 5 years old or so. Codies could have just copied them.

On 7/9/2019 at 5:42 PM, David Greco said:

I will say my honest opinion.

There is no simulator/game for normal consumers like us out there that is really close to the real thing. It just doesn't exist. What exist is a vast choice of different software that will satisfy, each of these, a group of people, but not all of them.

I have had real drivers coming to me saying that what we do is the best out there, and others saying what we do is not quite there yet. Same kind of outcome when we talk about other games/sims like rFactor2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa and so on.

Do you want the ultimate experience? Save money and buy a kart. A proper kart that can push 2+ lateral G's. Use games and simulators to keep practicing your skills. 

I am glad that many people like my work on the handling, I am very happy that some of the fastest guys in Simracing prefer my handling to that of other sims. I am also aware and accept that others don't like it, and some, luckily not the majority, hate it. 

I would really like to make everyone happy, but is simply not possible.

Overall feeling of the handling and FFB feels actually pretty decent. However driving the car just feels bit floaty compared to any other sim/simcade I've ever played, but that's not the true problem.

The real problem is that there is non-existent feeling in downforce, weight-transfer, braking and tyres/tyreslip.

This causes this strange experience that the car is doing what you would except but you don't have any feeling for it. This is what kills the most fun of the game. 

• Agree 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, Neomo said:

Btw for 2019 car regulations the changed front wing for much more simple one and that could cause that understeeringn compared to 18 and dont forget how big modern f1 cars are. Bending this monster to slow sharp corner isnt easy i think

Flawed interpretation, the new wing aimed at reducing outwash(pushing the air away from the tires, which suppousedly was hurting the following cars), not outright downforce. The reduced outwash, meaning more turbulence from the tires, would end up hurting the floor aerodynamics more than the front wing itself.

Combined with the fact that they made the wings larger and taller, the wing itself produces more downforce not less. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, LChaves01 said:

Flawed interpretation, the new wing aimed at reducing outwash(pushing the air away from the tires, which suppousedly was hurting the following cars), not outright downforce. The reduced outwash, meaning more turbulence from the tires, would end up hurting the floor aerodynamics more than the front wing itself.

Combined with the fact that they made the wings larger and taller, the wing itself produces more downforce not less. 

What teams lost on the front wing and around the front brake duct area, is beeing compensated by for instance the bargeboards, floor, the suspension arms are more aerodynamic, turning vanes and small gurney flaps here and there. Don't forget the insane mirror designs.

don't forget the rear wing is a bit higher and the first horizontal plane is wider. 

What i noticed is when you ingame open your DRS, it looks like it doesn't open as wide as i have seen on TV or in real life this year. The opening looks bigger or in other words the DRS flap is more horizontal.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, David Greco said:

I will say my honest opinion.

There is no simulator/game for normal consumers like us out there that is really close to the real thing. It just doesn't exist. What exist is a vast choice of different software that will satisfy, each of these, a group of people, but not all of them.

I have had real drivers coming to me saying that what we do is the best out there, and others saying what we do is not quite there yet. Same kind of outcome when we talk about other games/sims like rFactor2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa and so on.

Do you want the ultimate experience? Save money and buy a kart. A proper kart that can push 2+ lateral G's. Use games and simulators to keep practicing your skills. 

I am glad that many people like my work on the handling, I am very happy that some of the fastest guys in Simracing prefer my handling to that of other sims. I am also aware and accept that others don't like it, and some, luckily not the majority, hate it. 

I would really like to make everyone happy, but is simply not possible.

Hi David, 

We should all be thankful that you've even taken the time to participate in this discussion, let alone the forums. The wheel FFB / handling in F1 2019 is the best the series has seen, for sure. That said, I'm unfortunately in the "don't like it" camp- it's not because I think it's "unrealistic" with regards to how the cars are modeled, as I have no idea what a real F1 (or F2) car feels like. Rather, I feel "disconnected" from the car and the track in ways that I don't with competing FFB and physics models (AC, ACC, AMS, etc.). There are also some weird lateral slides that we simply don't see in real F1 that are quite common in the CM F1 2019 model. And as others have pointed out, actual F1 drivers (who also sim race) seem to share these general complaints.

It's really difficult to put into words where the disconnect is coming from. On my TS-PC F1 2019's FFB seems as detailed as ever, but when I drive any of Assetto Corsa's open-wheel cars I feel significantly more "in control" of the machine itself, even if grip levels are low. It could be a limitation of the engine you're working with, so if that's the case I hope to see more development thrown at that problem, whether it be the physics engine or something else that's preventing this "connected" feeling to the car that we get in other sims. I know there are different products for different markets, but it's my absolute *dream* to have a CM F1 game with the physics+FFB of an AMS/AC. I probably wouldn't play much else if that game existed. I sincerely hope you guys will dedicate more resources and focus to this area in the future. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2