Sign in to follow this  

talking to pit engineer f1 2015

hey guys, i hope that there is a straight anwser to my question and also the reason behind it. on the blog there is talk about the feature of talking to your engineer, on the consoles. with kinect and ps camera. and on ps4 also with headset, but it doesnt say if it will also be possible on xbox one. i have the feeling it wont happen but why? it should be possible, i am pretty pissed if i cant talk to my engineer because i dont want to pay 150 euros for kinect while i would use it on a few occasions f1 2015 not counting. i hope it can still made possible if it isnt in the game at the moment. 

mmpaw37 said:
hey guys, i hope that there is a straight anwser to my question and also the reason behind it. on the blog there is talk about the feature of talking to your engineer, on the consoles. with kinect and ps camera. and on ps4 also with headset, but it doesnt say if it will also be possible on xbox one. i have the feeling it wont happen but why? it should be possible, i am pretty pissed if i cant talk to my engineer because i dont want to pay 150 euros for kinect while i would use it on a few occasions f1 2015 not counting. i hope it can still made possible if it isnt in the game at the moment. 

I guess it will have a similar feature, they are both next-gen consoles after all, and the XB users would be pretty annoyed if it didn't.
i hope, i asked it also on their twitter. they only said you can talk through kinect on xbox , they didnt say a word if  can or cant use a headset. and yes i am pissed if the answer is no. i am notgoing to buy an kinect, wich costs 150 euro , just one game. because for the rest of the time i wont use it.

manowar97 said:
The pc users are annoyed, because it is not available on pc...
I'm not really annoyed, as it could be a simple gimick, other games have tried and failed with similar interactions. Until we know more, and how well it works, it's not something I'm going to cry about. All I want is ai that is fun to race against, great ffb, and better physics.

If it comes close to how Project Cars is, I'll be happy, been making PCars videos for a few day now, and the ai is fun to race against.

Hughesy said:
manowar97 said:
The pc users are annoyed, because it is not available on pc...
I'm not really annoyed, as it could be a simple gimick, other games have tried and failed with similar interactions. Until we know more, and how well it works, it's not something I'm going to cry about. All I want is ai that is fun to race against, great ffb, and better physics.

If it comes close to how Project Cars is, I'll be happy, been making PCars videos for a few day now, and the ai is fun to race against.
Yes that might be true, but if ps4 and xbox one users get this feature it's a bit disappointing that pc users can't use this feature.
In my opinion it should be on pc too if it's available on the consoles.

But it's true if wie get better physics.... it would be a great improvement compared to last year

I believe its exclusive to PS4 because PS4 has voice recognition with headsets, Xbone does not.

Xbox doesn't really allow voice commands through headset IIRC. Same thing with the system commands, you need kinect on xbo but on ps4 they work with a standard headset. 

If you want to use the feature on xbox one, then buy a kinect! 
You can't really complain that you can't use a feature without the necessary equipment,
I currently don't own an xbox one, yet I'll have to buy one to play the game!
If you decided to buy the cheaper option without Kinect, then you have to accept that there will be features you'll miss out on!

Im NOT spending £100 or what ever it is for something that I have no other use for at all! Sure its easy if you dont own a xbox yet as the price difference is about 40/50 quid but most of us will already own a xbox one by now so what are we to do? There are more than enough buttons free on my steering wheels to have a radio button like real life and have a headset work across all 3 systems that way. Ill fill you in on some of the game features I miss out on because I dont have kinect, NONE!! The games I own its a comple waste of time as instead of holding a button for 2 sec you say a word instead, with me working nights all my gaming is done through the night on my nights off so I dont want to be shouting firevalley every 30 sec and waking my family :)  

This can be fun with people that is not good in English...

You: how is that weather?
Race engineer: .....
You: HOW IS THAT WEATHER?!
race engineer:.....
you: HOW IS THAT F*** WE....''Crashes out of the race''

FMassa93 said:

The coder implementing this system is German, and it seems to respond to his accent OK. It understands him better than I can at least ;)

FMassa93 said:

This made me chuckle.

You're in an open cockpit F1 car... you can't just take a look around and see for yourself if it's raining or not?  :)

Am I right to think the reason why the consoles can do this, but the PC can't (currently) would be that the consoles have apps/software to handle the voice recognition and interpretation, where the PC would need something either custom writing or purchasing off the shelf?

I know using "Okay Google" that you need internet connection to interpret what I say, so it's not straightforward, unless the tech is already pre-available to the device in question.

I do wonder though whether any accessibility features in Windows could be used to handle voice interactions (although that'd be a level outside of the game).

Am I right to think the reason why the consoles can do this, but the PC can't (currently) would be that the consoles have apps/software to handle the voice recognition and interpretation, where the PC would need something either custom writing or purchasing off the shelf?

I know using "Okay Google" that you need internet connection to interpret what I say, so it's not straightforward, unless the tech is already pre-available to the device in question.

I do wonder though whether any accessibility features in Windows could be used to handle voice interactions (although that'd be a level outside of the game).

Thought that after I posted earlier.

Don't know, as I said Windows 8.1 has voice recognition. I've used it using my Astro A50 headset. You can do pretty much anything like using Kinect on Xbox One. I use it to open Steam, especially when I don't want to use my keyboard & mouse. Then just use my controller. It works really well, and with a good mic like the A50s have, it works better than Kinect, especially as I have a strong Somerset accent.
You can even launch games using it, so I'm not sure why it can't be used in F1 2015.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vocals-talk-to-your-pitcrew-engineer-credit-to-willcani-for-original.6793/
click on the link and download this program that will add voice activation for engineer -  its also better than consoles as it has HAMMER TIME - Which transforms you into a dick and puts the car in rich! but seriously me and the original creator have put hours into this and are now trying to make this amazing for all!