Sign in to follow this  

Help - Getting good starts

Hey guys

I really cant figure out how to get fast off the grid. I've heard about 12000 rep. but that doesnt seem to help me much? Do you short shift after the launch?

Anything would help!

• Agree 1

Its a little iffy this year, i dont usually brag but i was legendary for talking 8- 10 cars off the grid in 2018 but this year it just bogs and goes nowhere, F2 cars are even worse i go from 1 st to last in seconds 😂

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

I've never been good at starts. I always fall back about 4-5 places. Unfortunately I don't have a wheel.  I've been playing on controller.  The last wheel I had was a Logitech g25.  PS4 doesn't allow that wheel. 

• Agree 1

Try to play with TC at least on medium, playing with full CT will make your starts slow.

I think this thread might do better in the F1 games section, so I've moved it there for you. Thanks!

• Agree 1

I believe the threshold is between 9500 and 10500 rpm

just watch the screen when it says when you have good revs. Just don't go full ham right away. You burn the tyres. Let go of the clutch, easy increase throttle and when you have rev limiter then shift fast up. 

I have pretty good starts this year

I've heard as well that actually doing the formation lap and warming your tyres actually helps in this game which is good. If you skip it (if enabled), your tyres are cold and apparently you don't get as good a start.

Set ers deployment on medium, the game sets it on Hotlap every time. This could help you.

The starts in F1 2019 work better for me than in F1 2018

Warm up the tyres in formation lap (finally this works this year and cars keep distance, also in slow corners) then I have TC medium, works pretty well I have to say! Surely go not on full throttle when the lights go out, but I think you know that.

I have no TC at all and normally pretty pleased with my starts. As someone else mentioned here, warm rear tires by doing some burnouts out of slow corners on formation lap. I use no hud so I rev it to keep it on the Yellow lights on the wheel, and when the lights go out I very carefully increase the throttle application and normally don't go full throttle before hitting 3rd gear or when I feel that the rear tires will not spin. It just the matter of keeping it on the edge of not spinning. 

5 hours ago, AlexTT said:

I believe the threshold is between 9500 and 10500 rpm

just watch the screen when it says when you have good revs. Just don't go full ham right away. You burn the tyres. Let go of the clutch, easy increase throttle and when you have rev limiter then shift fast up. 

I have pretty good starts this year

Where is the RPM in cockpit view? - Thanks

1 hour ago, dwin20 said:

Its not there. Just try to keep the rev lights in the red, ideally

On 7/4/2019 at 12:38 AM, Mellor81 said:

Its a little iffy this year, i dont usually brag but i was legendary for talking 8- 10 cars off the grid in 2018 but this year it just bogs and goes nowhere, F2 cars are even worse i go from 1 st to last in seconds 😂

With F2 cars you have to put full throttle even though you have TC off

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, dwin20 said:

I don't use on screen revs. I have a modified wheel, with start revs leds like in real when I'm in the correct range. 

6776A478-40F6-4870-B878-32B32B6F3B7C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1