Tyre wear in Career Mode

Hello all,

Quick thread asking for your experiences with the tyre wear during the race trim practice programme in career mode. I've noticed that my tyre wear is through the roof when looking at the graphs after the programme, usually 1,2x or 1,4x more than expected.

I was wondering if this is something that only I'm struggling with and thus need to get better at personally, or if this is a prevalent theme across most career modes. If the latter turns out to be the case, maybe it's something Codemasters should look into as the wear may be a bit exaggerated.

For reference, I do 50% races with a steering wheel on 108 AI. Thanks for your contributions 🙂

I have no issues with this. I’m usually about 1 or 2% worse than optimal. In the races I’m fine though, most of the time I can go longer than the AI on a set

46 minutes ago, sdenbroeder said:

Hello all,

Quick thread asking for your experiences with the tyre wear during the race trim practice programme in career mode. I've noticed that my tyre wear is through the roof when looking at the graphs after the programme, usually 1,2x or 1,4x more than expected.

I was wondering if this is something that only I'm struggling with and thus need to get better at personally, or if this is a prevalent theme across most career modes. If the latter turns out to be the case, maybe it's something Codemasters should look into as the wear may be a bit exaggerated.

For reference, I do 50% races with a steering wheel on 108 AI. Thanks for your contributions 🙂

Any assists on? You need to drive smooth and brake earlier, not a quali attack round, but nice and easy. No abrupt steering movements, to much throttle goes wheelspin, in the red, to harsh into corners is into the red, get where im going at? 

Drive smooth, get into a flow

Im about the same 1.4-1.11, also on pad so a bit more difficult to be 'smooth'.

Speaking of tyres has codies put all the official tyres in the game as I always seem to get same tyres for every race upto russia now got the red yellow and white but thats what I had in singapore monza spa cant rember the other races but it doesnt seem right to me the tyre selection im going to keep an eye on next couple races but it deffently feels like ive had same tyres for every race as I do rember doing the track acclamation on the white ones every race as thats the first programme I do every time 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, patronas said:

Speaking of tyres has codies put all the official tyres in the game as I always seem to get same tyres for every race upto russia now got the red yellow and white but thats what I had in singapore monza spa cant rember the other races but it doesnt seem right to me the tyre selection im going to keep an eye on next couple races but it deffently feels like ive had same tyres for every race as I do rember doing the track acclamation on the white ones every race as thats the first programme I do every time 

That's how F1 is this year. No matter the actual tyre (ultra,super,soft,medium,hard) they're always called and coloured as Soft, Medium, Hard. Its to make it easier for newer viewers. Also the number of colours was getting silly. 

Edited by SASColfer

12 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Any assists on? You need to drive smooth and brake earlier, not a quali attack round, but nice and easy. No abrupt steering movements, to much throttle goes wheelspin, in the red, to harsh into corners is into the red, get where im going at? 

Drive smooth, get into a flow

I am quite smooth already and drive without assists. I'm not talking about the tyre wear practice programme by the way - my issues concern the race simulation programme. Thank you for the tips nonetheless 🙂

Just now, sdenbroeder said:

I am quite smooth already and drive without assists. I'm not talking about the tyre wear practice programme by the way - my issues concern the race simulation programme. Thank you for the tips nonetheless 🙂

I know, but the tyre wear should be a help how to manage tyre wear. You immediately notice when you go full HAM one lap, the next lap the tyres are bloody hot and feel like chewing gum.