Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know the official tyres for singapore and russia

Recommended Posts

Hi was woundering if its just me or what but it feels like I get same tyre selection for every race upto russia now its give is the options of the red wall tyre yellow and white but thats the tyres I had in singapore monza and spa in fact I cant rember useing any other tyre threw out the season apart from the ones ive mentioned so is it a bug or have codies just put them 3 sets of tyres in as I know the have 5 diffrent type of tyre in real life but jusg seems as im getting them 3 sets all the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, patronas said:

Hi was woundering if its just me or what but it feels like I get same tyre selection for every race upto russia now its give is the options of the red wall tyre yellow and white but thats the tyres I had in singapore monza and spa in fact I cant rember useing any other tyre threw out the season apart from the ones ive mentioned so is it a bug or have codies just put them 3 sets of tyres in as I know the have 5 diffrent type of tyre in real life but jusg seems as im getting them 3 sets all the time 

Pirelli has C1-C5 Tyres (C1=Hard, C2=Medium, C3=Soft, C4=Ultrasoft, C5=Hypersoft)...no more Supersoft and no more Superhard

they are always declared as 3 sets in 2019: red=soft yellow=medium and white=hard...

so f.e in Monaco:

red the soft tyre =hypersoft(2018) C5,

yellow the medium tyre= ultrasoft (2018) C4,

white the hard tyre = soft (2018) C3,

 

so in Silverstone for example is:

red = C3

yellow = C2

White = C1

Edited by 2Pacalypse
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mate I know the changed the names to what you mentioned to make it easier for people to understand but to me it just made it more confusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you need to know is what colour what compound is. Red =soft, Yellow =medium, White =Hard 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thin kthe ydid this way to simplify things jus tsoft medium and hard and leave it at that tbh. Shame really as I kind of liked the little rainbow of colours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rainbow became too much for the ordinary fan.

thats why they did this. 

 

2021 brings 18 inch wheels😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

That rainbow became too much for the ordinary fan.

thats why they did this. 

 

2021 brings 18 inch wheels😱

Well thankfully I can still race the rainbow colours on the older games anyway when I play them. It's one of the main reasons why I keep the older games and still play them so I can continue to enjoy the older tracks and cars But personally I liked all the different colours I thought it kind of added a bit of personality to the sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They changed the tire regulations for this year in real life if you've been following this season. It's just soft (red wall) medium (yellow wall) and hard (white wall) because the rainbow colors became too confusing for casual fans. The only variable is how soft/hard the tires are by track. So they have a scale that goes from c1 to c5, with c1 being the hardest and c5 being the softest. So at a track like Catalunya with high tire wear you'll have the c1-c3 scale, with c1 being marked hard, c2 medium, c3 soft. At a track like monaco where tire wear isn't severe, you'll have the c3-c5 scale, with c3 being the hard (which was called the soft compound at catalunya), c4 medium, and c5 soft.

Edited by odeepaanh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, odeepaanh said:

They changed the tire regulations for this year in real life if you've been following this season. It's just soft (red wall) medium (yellow wall) and hard (white wall) because the rainbow colors became too confusing for casual fans. The only variable is how soft/hard the tires are by track. So they have a scale that goes from c1 to c5, with c1 being the hardest and c5 being the softest. So at a track like Catalunya with high tire wear you'll have the c1-c3 scale, with c1 being marked hard, c2 medium, c3 soft. At a track like monaco where tire wear isn't severe, you'll have the c3-c5 scale, with c3 being the hard (which was called the soft compound at catalunya), c4 medium, and c5 soft.

Yeah I know about the changes to the tyre rules though I've not watched any of the races due to Sky having exclusive access and I can't afford Sky so haven't been watching the races. I was mainly saying that I'll miss the rainbow colours the tyres had. I know they did it mainly to simplify things. Still I can continue to enjoy the rainbow colours on the games when I play F1 2016,17 and 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they mimic last year, chances are Singapore will be C5-Soft/C4-Medium/C2-Hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×