Tha car brake a little in the straight

I have a serious problem on f1 2019. Basically when i'm in the straight the car brake a little and when i have the DRS open it closes (because the car brake a little). I tried to see if there was this problem in f1 2018, but there isn't. Someone know how to solve it?

I have exactly the same problem, but I guess it's because my brake pedal is broken a bit. Nothing like this in the previous game.

Check in the controller options under calibration. Maybe the brake is very sensitive. Change the brake Deadzone a bit higher. Hopefully that will help.

13 minutes ago, sanderu1983 said:

Check in the controller options under calibration. Maybe the brake is very sensitive. Change the brake Deadzone a bit higher. Hopefully that will help.

That’s how it is with my ClubSport v3 pedals.  Gotta add about 4-6pts of brake dead zone to keep it from registering as me pushing the brake 

29 minutes ago, sanderu1983 said:

I tried to put the brake deadzone at 10 but nothing is change

Perhaps switching off your assists? Perhaps you run brake assist, or your TC is interfering, or your brake is too sensitive.

21 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Forse spegnendo i tuoi assist? Forse corri l'assistenza alla frenata, o il tuo TC sta interferendo, o il tuo freno è troppo sensibile.

I play without the assists

Edited by F1Alonso14

1 hour ago, F1Alonso14 said:

I tried to put the brake deadzone at 10 but nothing is change

Sorry then I don't have a answer. Maybe @faya can help you

Switch the brake pedal to your G29 clutch. Works wonders for me! So much more travel and sensitivity, used a piece of foam behind it to add feeling of compression and resistance. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Switch the brake pedal to your G29 clutch. Works wonders for me! So much more travel and sensitivity, used a piece of foam behind it to add feeling of compression and resistance. 

Don't forget to switch the spring. There is more travel for sure, the G29/G920 black shrouded pedalset is inferior to the G25/G27 red shrouded pedalset. 

Basically Logitech introduced a black rubber stopper and reduced the measured pedal travel (there is a zone beyond the stopper not recorded - because of the stopper) removing the stopper gives more pedal travel but the brake will be 100% activated before 100% travel. The left-foot braking for F1 is more realistic and as @sloppysmusic points out, has more travel and feel. Maybe the spring switch will remove the necessity for the foam. 

I've already switched my springs for GTEye, but the stock G29/G920 springs are much closer to GTEye compression strength than the G25/G27 which is very noticeably different.

Edit: As I posted in a similar thread the problem with the Intermittent / constant brake / closed DRS is dirty potentiometers. Basically use an air duster and some electrical contact cleaner to restore the pots to working as new. If they are badly corroded they can be replaced by a little careful soldering but mostly a good cleaning works wonders and all you need to get into the pedalsets are a posi-drive screwdriver and a little care. Plenty of YT videos showing how.

If the pots are good then check the mapped keyboard key isn't sticking and if you have a controller connected check the mapped button isn't malfunctioning.

Edited by steviejay69

I also have Logitech G29 and have problems with DRS closing itself on its own. My brake pedal sometimes pushes itself slightly on its own and I have no control, same goes for accelerator pedal, but this time it's more brutal. Setting deadzone helped a bit but it's an only a temporary solution 'cause I noticed that it's getting worse and worse. The brake pedal was doing well until yesterday. @steviejay69 you said to clean dirty potentiometers. Mine were dirty but cleaning them helped only a bit. They are full of lubricant oil/grease (don't know how it was in English sry). Any solution? Or I have to buy new ones and replace them? They are not corroded.

5 minutes ago, MateLeLe120 said:

I also have Logitech G29 and have problems with DRS closing itself on its own. My brake pedal sometimes pushes itself slightly on its own and I have no control, same goes for accelerator pedal, but this time it's more brutal. Setting deadzone helped a bit but it's an only a temporary solution 'cause I noticed that it's getting worse and worse. The brake pedal was doing well until yesterday. @steviejay69 you said to clean dirty potentiometers. Mine were dirty but cleaning them helped only a bit. They are full of lubricant oil/grease (don't know how it was in English sry). Any solution? Or I have to buy new ones and replace them? They are not corroded.

Something like this mate

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/contact-cleaners/9175914/

gets rid of the dirty grease, it's a solvent and dry lubricant. Clean all the fluff out of the pedal base and housing. You just spray it in and wipe it off. Just do a little spray at a time, work the pedal and spray again and wipe. Eventually they will come clean. New ones if cleaning is no good.

56 minutes ago, MateLeLe120 said:

Ho anche Logitech G29 e ho problemi con DRS che si chiude da solo. Il mio pedale del freno a volte si spinge leggermente da solo e non ho controllo, lo stesso vale per il pedale dell'acceleratore, ma questa volta è più brutale. L'impostazione di deadzone ha aiutato un po 'ma è solo una soluzione temporanea perché ho notato che sta peggiorando sempre di più. Il pedale del freno andava bene fino a ieri. @ steviejay69  hai detto di pulire i potenziometri sporchi. I miei erano sporchi ma pulirli aiutati solo un po '. Sono pieni di olio lubrificante / grasso (non so come sia stato in inglese sry). Qualche soluzione? O devo comprarne di nuovi e sostituirli? Non sono corrosi.

Do as i did. If your steering wheel is still under warranty, call Logitech service and explain the problem of the pedals, after they will send you an email where you have to put the serial number of the steering wheel (you can find it below it), after put your address and a photo of the receipt, after about a week they will send you the new steering wheel and you can also keep the old one. I did it today
Edited by F1Alonso14

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Something like this mate

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/contact-cleaners/9175914/

gets rid of the dirty grease, it's a solvent and dry lubricant. Clean all the fluff out of the pedal base and housing. You just spray it in and wipe it off. Just do a little spray at a time, work the pedal and spray again and wipe. Eventually they will come clean. New ones if cleaning is no good.

What kind of spray do you mean? 

EDIT: Oh ok I see, can I get it in Poland? 

Edited by MateLeLe120

The spray is only for the potentiometer. You could wipe and regrease the pedal mechanical guides but I doubt they're really the problem unless you can see physical damage or poor operation. Most likely the potentiometer or the contacts which can be resoldered but if you go to that length you are almost at the point of replacing anyway. Good luck!

Edited by steviejay69

So I have to replace them anyway? Tomorrow I'm giving those pedals to special service where they will clean potentiometers properly and we'll how it goes. If it won't help, I'll replace them.