Sign in to follow this  

difference curbs steering wheel / controller??

How come when i play with a steering wheel (g920) on xbox  that i go around whit my car on 50% of the curbs and with the controller not? With the same 'noob' settings tested out (full traction control, abs on) when i play with controller its like an arcade f1 game and with the steering wheel its like a hardcore sim.

How come there is such a big difference with the same settings?

I lap +/- 2 seconds faster with the controller on every track.

What is going on?

Is there an issue with the game or is this normal that f1 2019 changes automatic when you play with controller to 'arcade' settings, and as soon as you drive with steering wheel changes to 'sim' racing?

32 minutes ago, odeepaanh said:

i'm confused as to what you mean

He means why is the game OP for pad 🙂 

22 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

He means why is the game OP for pad 🙂 

Ohhhh ok got it.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:58 AM, davidlouwagie said:

How come when i play with a steering wheel (g920) on xbox  that i go around whit my car on 50% of the curbs and with the controller not? With the same 'noob' settings tested out (full traction control, abs on) when i play with controller its like an arcade f1 game and with the steering wheel its like a hardcore sim.

How come there is such a big difference with the same settings?

I lap +/- 2 seconds faster with the controller on every track.

What is going on?

Is there an issue with the game or is this normal that f1 2019 changes automatic when you play with controller to 'arcade' settings, and as soon as you drive with steering wheel changes to 'sim' racing?

I mean I don't know, to me from what I've seen there's only about a tenth or two difference when someone compares the two, that is if they're experienced with both. Are you Moreno experienced on the pad? Because if you're a new wheel user, you're going to start off slower because you're not used to it. If you are a new wheel user then it's down to trying to get used to the wheel.

• Agree 1

i just installed my DD1 with mclaren gt3 rim and now i am faster. I don't understand, with my logitech g920 i am about 3 - 4 seconds slower than with my new rig.

There must be a problem with the logitech g920. I sold it to my friend and he has the same problem.

I thought the problem was the steering wheel in general, but the problem is with the g920.

Does anybody know what my friend, who has my g920 needs to do here?

Is there an update needed for the g920 to use on xbox or can anyone share his best setting with the g920?

Posted (edited)

Tbh the pad is way more competitive on 2019 to make pad users more competitive but I think they have made it too op as the pad is tidy with traction where the wheel isn’t as good.  The wheel has way more understeer then the pad. 

Edited by XxHAMMERTIME95X