2002 Ferrari missing in F1 2019

Bruuhhh... I wanted to do a race with F2002's and came to realise that there aren't any F2002's... I'm a man who preferred the 2002 over the 2004 as I'm more fond of the early 2000s. It actually surprised me as they kept the rest of the classics but removed that one car. 

Discuss.

• Agree 1

Ah, thats the car they were lazy to build from scratch, instead they "borrowed" the very same 3D model of an Assetto Corsa mod.

Edited by Balazsryche
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

Ah, thats the car they were lazy to build from scratch, instead they "borrowed" the very same 3D model of an Assetto Corsa mod.

Ah so the two new cars in Anninversary Edition is basically 1 "nett" 😃

3 hours ago, JamesG said:

Bruuhhh... I wanted to do a race with F2002's and came to realise that there aren't any F2002's... I'm a man who preferred the 2002 over the 2004 as I'm more fond of the early 2000s. It actually surprised me as they kept the rest of the classics but removed that one car. 

Discuss.

1995 Ferrari are also gone..
Hope its comes as a DLC, because there is such a gap from 91 ferrari to next ferrrari in classic cars. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

Hope its comes as a DLC, because there is such a gap from 91 ferrari to next ferrrari in classic cars. 

Yes, this is very strange why they remove it. 

13 hours ago, SASColfer said:

Guessing they pay a licence fee per car. 

Guess so too. But a DLC should pay that cost..

Maybe a DLC carpack. Or a retropack with cars and tracks. Like how project cars 2 had. 

I don't think I'm going to lose much sleep not being able to drive the 95 or 2002 Ferrari.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Ah so the two new cars in Anninversary Edition is basically 1 "nett" 😃

No, the ripoff was the F2002, which is missing this year. They bought it off Turbosquid for 2017, but it didn't have a full sharing license.

EDIT: See here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-did-a-f2002-mod-from-ac-end-up-in-f1-2017.142884/

Edited by Ho3n3r
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Cappachino78 said:

Wow you're right. 1995 was one of my other favourites. Surprised I didn't notice TBH. I used to pick these cars all the time. 

If the F2002 was allegedly stolen from an AC mod, then the '95 Ferrari was probably ASR's model. Kind of disappointing TBH if that is the case. 

They should bring back the classics from 2013 to compensate. 

Edited by JamesG

7 minutes ago, JamesG said:

Wow you're right. 1995 was one of my other favourites. Surprised I didn't notice TBH. I used to pick these cars all the time. 

If the F2002 was allegedly stolen from an AC mod, then the '95 Ferrari was probably ASR's model. Kind of disappointing TBH if that is the case. 

They should bring back the classics from 2013 to compensate. 

Yeah, i actually played the 2013 game a couple of months ago.. 
Codemasters should relate that as an DLC. The 80s pack, Circuit De Jerez and Brands Hatch and the five 80s cars. Imola and Estoril and the 90s cars, that would be so cool.

27 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

Yeah, i actually played the 2013 game a couple of months ago.. 
Codemasters should relate that as an DLC. The 80s pack, Circuit De Jerez and Brands Hatch and the five 80s cars. Imola and Estoril and the 90s cars, that would be so cool.

The fact that it's unavailable anywhere (Steam or Codemasters) is because the licensing has expired. 

48 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The fact that it's unavailable anywhere (Steam or Codemasters) is because the licensing has expired. 

Yeah of course the wouldn't want to pay license for such an old game, but for a new one. That is.....:classic_rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Cappachino78 said:

Yeah of course the wouldn't want to pay license for such an old game, but for a new one. That is.....:classic_rolleyes:

I'm lucky enough to have the Classic Edition of F1 2013. It isn't installed, but I did like Jerez (which if we'd have had the 2017 F2 Championship we'd have had the track)!

Also it had Imola and some 90s cars, not sure if they're in the current Classics (had to Google them)

• 1992 Ferrari F92 A – Jean Alesi & Ivan Capelli
  • 1992 Williams FW14B – Nigel Mansell & David Coulthard
  • 1996 Ferrari F310 – Michael Schumacher & Gerhard Berger
  • 1996 Williams FW18 – Damon Hill & Jacques Villeneuve
  • 1999 Ferrari F399 – Eddie Irvine & Jody Scheckter
  • 1999 Williams FW21 – Ralf Schumacher & Alain Prost

Pretty sure I've played on the FW14B on F1 2018? Others I couldn't vouch for.

23 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I'm lucky enough to have the Classic Edition of F1 2013. It isn't installed, but I did like Jerez (which if we'd have had the 2017 F2 Championship we'd have had the track)!

Also it had Imola and some 90s cars, not sure if they're in the current Classics (had to Google them)

• 1992 Ferrari F92 A – Jean Alesi & Ivan Capelli
  • 1992 Williams FW14B – Nigel Mansell & David Coulthard
  • 1996 Ferrari F310 – Michael Schumacher & Gerhard Berger
  • 1996 Williams FW18 – Damon Hill & Jacques Villeneuve
  • 1999 Ferrari F399 – Eddie Irvine & Jody Scheckter
  • 1999 Williams FW21 – Ralf Schumacher & Alain Prost

Pretty sure I've played on the FW14B on F1 2018? Others I couldn't vouch for.

1992 and 1996 Williams are in 2017, 2018 and 2019. But not the others