Codemasters is just taking the Mickey now!

I finally got a chance to log into this years version yesterday. I was SO excited to jump in and set my league up! That excitement quickly turned to frustration and down right anger! 

I think Codemasters is turning into a joke and just taking us loyal F1 loving fans for a ride now. As long as we keep paying they continue to develop and produce their game with absolute disregard for US and our requests!

-The Fanatec F1 Wheel with Podium incompatibilities is just a Joke to begin with. Official F1 wheel, Official F1 Game yet half the functions don’t work. Tell me that’s not a joke! 

-The setups are STILL a joke and completely unrealistic. 

-The League options and dedicated servers to host sounded like they FINALLY nailed “something”. Only to find that it’s NOTHING like it sounded or looks. You can’t set dates into the calendar for your league unless you race like clockwork in a regular format. Well Codemasters.....we follow the real calendar and sometimes they have double headers. Sometimes they have 3week break between races!!! How can the OFFICIAL game not recognise this and at least give us an option to manually set the calendar?? So the the Calendar is a JOKE and useless! 

-The Ai can’t be turned off! Why do we want to race with Ai in our League?? That’s for career mode or single players!! What the hell was Codemasters thinking when they thought it was a wise decision to not give us the option to turn Ai on or Off!! What a fricking Joke! 

Well, I just checked the Calendar and we are nowhere near April Fools day so i’m afraid these Jokes are real and I for one am not seeing the funny side. It’s a real shame! Codemasters has such an oportunity here to make the ultimate F1 game/sim with their exclusive and Official partnerships with Fanatec and Formula 1!

How can Codemasters hold their head high and be proud to be associated with the Official eSports series?? How is Formula 1 and Liberty not embarrassed?? This is a joke that has turned really sour now and gone on for far too long with no remorse or regard for the real fans of the sport and franchise. 

I know I’m only 1 grain of sand on a massive beach but Codemasters will not be taking anymore of my hard earned money from here on! If everyone else who feels jibbed and frustrated with this rubbish did the same, eventually they will start to notice as the erosion on the beach gets bigger and bigger. 

#StopJokingWithUsCodemasters

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Disagree 1

Forgive me if I'm missing something but I could've sworn that you can turn AI off - are you saying this is a bug rather than there is no option? According to their blog you can and I'm sure I saw this in the beta too:

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/f1-2019-super-licence-and-leagues/

• AI. Allows you to define how the AI will be used. In a full or nearly full league you might want to disable the AI entirely. Or you may want the AI to be present on track (to create traffic), but not in the standings – i.e. you want the overall competition to be between the humans only. Or you may have a league with just a few of you, and you want to have a more collaborative experience competing against a full roster of AI for the championship title.
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Gussie said:

I finally got a chance to log into this years version yesterday. I was SO excited to jump in and set my league up! That excitement quickly turned to frustration and down right anger! 

I think Codemasters is turning into a joke and just taking us loyal F1 loving fans for a ride now. As long as we keep paying they continue to develop and produce their game with absolute disregard for US and our requests!

-The Fanatec F1 Wheel with Podium incompatibilities is just a Joke to begin with. Official F1 wheel, Official F1 Game yet half the functions don’t work. Tell me that’s not a joke! 

-The League options and dedicated servers to host sounded like they FINALLY nailed “something”. Only to find that it’s NOTHING like it sounded or looks. You can’t set dates into the calendar for your league unless you race like clockwork in a regular format. Well Codemasters.....we follow the real calendar and sometimes they have double headers. Sometimes they have 3week break between races!!! How can the OFFICIAL game not recognise this and at least give us an option to manually set the calendar?? So the the Calendar is a JOKE and useless! 

-The Ai can’t be turned off! Why do we want to race with Ai in our League?? That’s for career mode or single players!! What the hell was Codemasters thinking when they thought it was a wise decision to not give us the option to turn Ai on or Off!! What a fricking Joke! 

Well, I just checked the Calendar and we are nowhere near April Fools day so i’m afraid these Jokes are real and I for one am not seeing the funny side. It’s a real shame! Codemasters has such an oportunity here to make the ultimate F1 game/sim with their exclusive and Official partnerships with Fanatec and Formula 1!

How can Codemasters hold their head high and be proud to be associated with the Official eSports series?? How is Formula 1 and Liberty not embarrassed?? This is a joke that has turned really sour now and gone on for far too long with no remorse or regard for the real fans of the sport and franchise. 

I know I’m only 1 grain of sand on a massive beach but Codemasters will not be taking anymore of my hard earned money from here on! If everyone else who feels jibbed and frustrated with this rubbish did the same, eventually they will start to notice as the erosion on the beach gets bigger and bigger. 

You can turn it off by not selecting ai as an option to fill in the first place, it asks you quite clearly if you want to or not just slide to no

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

🤔🤔You guys that are saying you can turn it off, have you actually done it or just going off what you’ve read? We tried every option, as in toggling between 2019 and multi cars, switching the room from public to private etc. We couldn’t turn the Ai off. It seemed like the option was possibly there but it was greyed our and no matter what we did, it wouldn’t light up to toggle. 

It’s like if you set up a League with 20drivers and 2spectators which is what we have but with such a league you can never guarantee everyone will turn up for every race of a 21 race season. Real life just seems to always get in the way of of our fun. This is the occasions, as the league owner I DON’T want or need Ai to fill the grid 🤪

I HOPE you guys are right and somehow I just missed something. I’ll try again tonight and get back to you. 

Edited by Gussie

9 hours ago, Gussie said:

The setups are STILL a joke and completely unrealistic. 

Damn site more realistic than they were previously.

At least the wings are the right way round now.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gussie said:

🤔🤔You guys that are saying you can turn it off, have you actually done it or just going off what you’ve read? We tried every option, as in toggling between 2019 and multi cars, switching the room from public to private etc. We couldn’t turn the Ai off. It seemed like the option was possibly there but it was greyed our and no matter what we did, it wouldn’t light up to toggle. 

It’s like if you set up a League with 20drivers and 2spectators which is what we have but with such a league you can never guarantee everyone will turn up for every race of a 21 race season. Real life just seems to always get in the way of of our fun. This is the occasions, as the league owner I DON’T want or need Ai to fill the grid 🤪

I HOPE you guys are right and somehow I just missed something. I’ll try again tonight and get back to you. 

I was able to change it because i made a few leagues to see what could and couldnt be done, the option was never greyed out for me i could just select non, i will have a proper look tomorrow for you and take any pictures but im pretty 100% positive its doable because i know i did, there were just me and one friend driving  around so we quit started a new one and added ai to that

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

Damn site more realistic than they were previously.

At least the wings are the right way round now.

That is true, I really wished that they would take it to the next step and sort out the cambers and suspension too. Considering they haven’t changed anything in the setup menus other take away the weight balance. I would have like then to refine what we have a lot more and make it a lot more realistic. I understand their need to appeal to wider market with a lot of kids and casual and later on controllers so I’m not asking for full on in-depth setup menus like iRacing all though I would love that. At the end of the day they are the only OFFICIAL partner and game of Formula 1. So make it true to life is all I’m saying. Not Cambers all the way to the right and Toes all the way to the left for every track.

Just look at the TT boards already and you can see that this is the case. 

9 hours ago, martbloke said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something but I could've sworn that you can turn AI off - are you saying this is a bug rather than there is no option? According to their blog you can and I'm sure I saw this in the beta too

I too could have swore that turning the AI on/off was and is an option. But only if using MULTIPLAYER Cars! MAJOR OVERSIGHT!

909565049_F12019_20190705103657.thumb.jpg.8629147c0c2fcf63509d8ec079c53b9d.jpg

From this screen shot we can clearly see the Option for the AI is available, but that is with Privacy set on PUBLIC and ONLY the MULTIPLAYER Cars are available. So lets change that so we can use 2019 Cars (which is what we use in our league and i know many others do to), by setting the lobby as Private. This is no big deal as most top end leagues are well organised outside of the game.

1867953193_F12019_20190705103943.thumb.jpg.0c3d80bceb82e9e5e1b2f390428dc7e9.jpg

Now we can clearly see that the AI option is faded out and not available. This small detail, but fundamentally flawed detail, has forced us not to use the built in LEAGUE SYSTEM for our league. 

It is a MAJOR oversight on top of many other small issues within the league system as detailed by Gussie in the OP.

Also has ANYONE been able to turn off AI Substitution in either MULTIPLAYER Cars or 2019 Cars? it seems permanently faded out and unavailable. Yet its there as an option?

This leads me to think this all could be a bug? An Error? A Glitch? Non intentional? If so... PLEASE FIX this in the NEXT PATCH!

If this is actually working as intended (which would be insane to think it is).... then it needs to be ADDRESS ASAP. 

It has prevent virtually ALL top end LEAGUES from using the LEAGUE SYSTEM within the Game!

I really hope CodeMasters sorts this issue out as it would be a real shame to NOT use the NEW league system and its DEDICATED SERVERS.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@ZenRazo Exactly as you say. As a League we want to use 2019 cars. In our league we live stream with commentary we don’t want to use Multicars and look like a bunch of misfits have a run around on a Friday night. However, for me the biggest oversight which you have also confirmed with your screen shots is that the “Substitute Ai” is unable to be turned off in either scenario. So if I set my League for 20 drivers and only 17 turn up this week, we  are forced to race with 3 Ai on the track. This could be a major issue. No matter how good the Ai is, at the end of the day it’s NOT controlled by a human and there’s massive potential there for it to influence results in a competitive League. Not to mention arguments and headaches post race 🤯

#PleaseMakeCodemasterGreatAgain

17 hours ago, martbloke said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something but I could've sworn that you can turn AI off - are you saying this is a bug rather than there is no option? According to their blog you can and I'm sure I saw this in the beta too:

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/f1-2019-super-licence-and-leagues/

• AI. Allows you to define how the AI will be used. In a full or nearly full league you might want to disable the AI entirely. Or you may want the AI to be present on track (to create traffic), but not in the standings – i.e. you want the overall competition to be between the humans only. Or you may have a league with just a few of you, and you want to have a more collaborative experience competing against a full roster of AI for the championship title.

In My League , it`s Set to OFF , but low and Behold they still turned out on the first Test Race and participated in all the Qualies and Race.

• Haha 1

@AcidBurn247 Exactly. Because that setting which is off is more than likely the one to have them not appear in the Championship tables. Further down, where we a supposed to be able to turn Ai OFF I bet you find it’s greyed our and set to Yes. 

24 minutes ago, Gussie said:

@AcidBurn247 Exactly. Because that setting which is off is more than likely the one to have them not appear in the Championship tables. Further down, where we a supposed to be able to turn Ai OFF I bet you find it’s greyed our and set to Yes. 

You mean like this?

620207A9-BABD-48F8-98B7-7805BE24D4F5.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Leagues is just online championship 2.0. Can't see any reason for a serious league to use it, even when it didn't had AI and did have a constructors championship. No serious league is going to be full dependant from a game 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Jajb said:

You cannot set time of day or weather in league.

You cannot restart a session if a problem occurs like you could do on Online Championship mode last year as it does not save each session like last year. 

@Faya League mode is inferior to Online Championship last year. We need the ability to save between sessions and restart, change time of day and weather in each session and change AI difficulty between each session if needed.

Feeling the same. I get the reason why they put a League Mode into the game but its just not interesting for casual players.

Me and my friends would just like to get the regular Online Championship back.

15 hours ago, Mellor81 said:

You mean like this?

620207A9-BABD-48F8-98B7-7805BE24D4F5.jpeg

There is something wrong with your Pic here... not only have you the ability to select AI Substitution on/off but you also have the option of Category MULTIPLAYER/2019 open too yet the privacy is PUBLIC? How is this possible? What platform are you on?

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, ZenRazo said:

There is something wrong with your Pic here... not only have you the ability to select AI Substitution on/off but you also have the option of Category MULTIPLAYER/2019 open too yet the privacy is PUBLIC? How is this possible? What platform are you on?

I checked every possible solution and the only reason the options would grey out is if you have your league set to “on demand” if its set to weekly you could/should be able to select all the options you want like mine above, im on ps4 

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I`m on PS4 , with a Normal Fixed League set up, (Not on Demand)

The "Allow AI Substitions" Option is set to "Off" ,  but if you go and check the results of our first Test Race , the AI sits their in all their Glory on the Points Table...

They Participated throughout the Race , from Qualies throughout.

This is a Private Lobby , with F1 2019 Cars.

Massive Issue for us , and probably the One that will block our League from being run on this Online System.

Hoping this gets fixed asap , so that I can Start my Actuall League.

Clearly a BUG.

Give us more OPTIONS

Edited by AcidBurn247
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, AcidBurn247 said:

The "Allow AI Substitions" Option is set to "Off" ,  but if you go and check the results of our first Test Race , the AI sits their in all their Glory on the Points Table...

Massive Issue for us , and probably the One that will block our League from being run on this Online System.

Clearly a BUG.

Give us more OPTIONS

Not sure what to say as i dont have that problem as shown above, maybe try a league with multiplayer cars only and not 2019 and see if you have any luck, i have about 5 leagues and never encountered that issue yet

• Disagree 1

As long as you have 20 members in the league, ai will NOT be present on the track. Simply turn off ai subs. The only time ai is put in the lobby, is when the league isn't full. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, AcidBurn247 said:

Clearly a BUG.

Give us more OPTIONS

Your league needs to be FULL. 20 drivers. Or turn down the competitors. If you have 20 drivers signed up and in your league, even if they don't turn up, if you turn ai sub off, no ai will show up. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks Swift , I will try and see if this works as such.

If Only Codemasters could have given more info on the new Feature, but as mentioned before, its left to the User to Trial and Error themselves.

Gone are the days of Manuals , not even a .pdf.....

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AcidBurn247 said:

Thanks Swift , I will try and see if this works as such.

If Only Codemasters could have given more info on the new Feature, but as mentioned before, its left to the User to Trial and Error themselves.

Gone are the days of Manuals , not even a .pdf.....

I completely agree. Its **** poor. Luckily my league is full so don't have to worry about ai, but idk why we can't just turn them off. 

• Agree 1

The physics feel closer to arcade than sim, for sure. I guess they have to cater to pad users, but it is disappointing for sure. Most PCARS 2 models feel incredible and all of the AC cars do and that game is at least 5 years old. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

The physics feel closer to arcade than sim, for sure. I guess they have to cater to pad users, but it is disappointing for sure. Most PCARS 2 models feel incredible and all of the AC cars do and that game is at least 5 years old. 

This thread is nothing todo with handling models. 

• Agree 1

On 7/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Gussie said:

I think your comments is a joke. Stop whinning and start racing seriouly. This game is very good and is closer to a real sim than ever...

if you're not happy, go play iRacing…!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2