Sign in to follow this  

Massive understeer at F1 2019

Since the fist day I have been playing F1 2019, I have noticed that there is a lot of understeer. The physics in this game are just ridicolous, corners that in real life are done flat out (like turn 8 at Spain or turn 9 at Austria) i have to brake even with maximum downforce. Please codies fix it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Yes, I also noticed it, created a thread as well.

For me, it's very frustrating, but I guess upgrading the car in career may help a little. Also, cars in time trial/multi differ very much from this one from career. I still think that the handling model in the previous game was way better.

The physics are a yoke...

The cars have massive understeer, dont turn in and feel like they dont have much grip. Considering F1 cars have very high downforce I would say thats very unrealistic.
I actually did some laps in F1 2018 again and noticed how big the difference between the old and the new handling model is. I would never say that the handling in F1 2018 was very realistic, but Im sure that it was more fun and for sure closer to real life than this understeering and lazy ********.

6 hours ago, swiffer18 said:

The physics are a yoke...

The cars have massive understeer, dont turn in and feel like they dont have much grip. Considering F1 cars have very high downforce I would say thats very unrealistic.
I actually did some laps in F1 2018 again and noticed how big the difference between the old and the new handling model is. I would never say that the handling in F1 2018 was very realistic, but Im sure that it was more fun and for sure closer to real life than this understeering and lazy ********.

ballast is gone and you're used to a car that has infinite turn in grip, fact is F1 2018 was WAY too fast compared to irl, the handling model on 2019 is FAR better than 2018 once you learn you can't just take stupid speed into every corner, it's not perfect and there is an update coming but to act like it's horrible is stupid lmao (also the corners mention in op aren't even flat out irl so that's funny 

1 hour ago, Zerd said:

ballast is gone and you're used to a car that has infinite turn in grip, fact is F1 2018 was WAY too fast compared to irl, the handling model on 2019 is FAR better than 2018 once you learn you can't just take stupid speed into every corner, it's not perfect and there is an update coming but to act like it's horrible is stupid lmao (also the corners mention in op aren't even flat out irl so that's funny 

I don't think ballast alone is the culprit here. Most of my setups in F1 2018 were 6 ballast. Using a controller for steering in the way that I do I was never able to control higher ballast. With that said the handling model is definitely a bit more understeery than F1 2018.

The understeer I had in Shanghai with the Sf90 was horrendous, especially in the race and I play 100 percent distance