Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

[PC] F1 2019 Game not recognizing microphone

I'm having an issue where the game isn't recognizing the microphone most of the time. Voice commands and multiplayer voice chat dont work when this happens. I usually have to restart the game the 3-6 times before it will recognize it. The PC and every other application register and pick up the mic just fine. Anyone else experience this and or have a solution for it. There doesn't appear to be any microphone settings in the game to work in the menus. Thanks. 

They keep telling us that Denuvo doesn't hurt the game engine. I think it might be the cause for intermittent issues. 

Here also no mic detected ingame, my mic works fine with every other program. Why not just put the option in the menu to select microphone.

I think it has issues with my logitech headset, the wire of the mic from my headset is not connected to my pc, but i have to have the logitech mic active in windows setting otherwise my headset doesnt show up in logitech gaming software. Somehow f1 2019 thinks the logitech mic is the standard mic. And it s not! 

I had the same problem with f1 2018, sometimes mic works sometimes it doesnt. But it never works the first time i use voice command, if im lucky it works after the thirt try.

Game really needs selectable mic option in option menu

Edited by WallyM76

Same here, mic not detected. Never managed to use voice commands. I've heard about two things that people on reddit have mentioned:

1. Doesn't work on Xbox because it doesn't work with cortana(?), so... if Cortana is causing an issue there maybe it's causing the same issue on PCs with Cortana as well(?)
  2. That there are issues with usb headsets' mics not being recognized..

So I either need to find a way to get rid of Cortana, get a new headset or both(?).

I have already tried repairing the stuff in the installers folders (which seems to be a commonly recommended solution); nothing was fixed.

Is there any official answer about what's up with that? Any workarounds? Any fixes? Never seen any staff respond to this bug and it looks like previous games have it too.

Hey!

For the PC users, have you tried reinstalling Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack?
The installation files can be found from the game's folder and the internet obviously.

Edited by UP100

21 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Hey!

For the PC users, have you tried reinstalling Kinect for Windows Speech Recognition Language Pack?
The installation files can be found from the game's folder and the internet obviously.

Personally, as I mentioned, I've tried that with no success. This is why I'm suspecting cortana or the usb headset to be the issue.

Did you manage to fix the problem? I am also using a usb headset and I have it set as default communications and tried re-installing the packages mentioned but nothings seems to work. The game just doesn't recognize the mic.

In Windows 10 you can control app access to the microphone in the Privacy Settings.

Turn off stuff you don't need, including "Hey Cortana". In the latest W10 the search and Cortana are separated again.

5 hours ago, mendigv said:

Did you manage to fix the problem? I am also using a usb headset and I have it set as default communications and tried re-installing the packages mentioned but nothings seems to work. The game just doesn't recognize the mic.

In fact, I think I did. I tried multiple things at once do I'm not 100% sure which one of them it is:

1) Turned off Cortana (it's useless anyway).
2) Made sure I had my mic unmuted.

3) Made some noise (put on some music in front of the mic) in case the game doesn't ignore the mic if there is no sound picked up.

After all of these, it seemed to work, however the game still didn't pick up any sound. Shortly, my antivirus (Kaspersky) gave me a prompt to allow audio stream (or something like that), gave permission and it was fully working. My pc at the time was really slow so I didn't bother testing which one of these was the actual one fixing it since it took minutes to restart the game.

Hope this fixes it for you too, mate.

Edited by TryphonX

I have the opposite problem, the game recognizes the microphone even when it is not connected, and in multiplayer, the speaker icon still lights up as if I'm still talking. What can this be? I don't have ANY microphone or camera with a microphone connected, just nothing that has a microphone in it. I don't get it at all. :classic_unsure: