Dear Codies, 

In f1 2016 we had the option to turn down certain parts of the sound (AI cars, crowd etc). This was removed in 17. Now that Lando Norris has confirmed that all you hear irl is your own engine and sometimes the wind effect, is it possible we could bring in audio options again?

I know there's a lot of things that would take precedence over this but it would definitely be a huge plus for realism lovers like myself. 

Thanks for a great game and keep up the good work!

• Agree 9

Posted (edited)

Agree, we need more options to create our own individual sound mix.

Created a thread about this not so long ago:

Hope CM will make this happen.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Agree, we need more options to create our own individual sound mix.

Created a thread about this not so long ago:

Hope CM will make this happen.

Just read your post. Excellent ideas and a great shame it didn't get the attention it deserves. 

• Thanks 1

Agree. The sound of the other cars is to loud.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Seems as if certain topics are once again falling under CMs "radiosilence treatment".

Only some major bugs and or threads with massive traffic got acknowledgement or a reply by the officials, if at all that is.

Imo, the biggest issue at CM is transparency.

We don't know what topics, bugs, ideas, suggestions or even wish lists etc. have been confirmed to be looked at, or will be addressed in the future (a organized checklist of some sort would be ideal to keep track of this), nor do we know exactly who is working in which department to properly tag people as there is no list with active CM employers and their roles at CM respectively to check that out, not to mention the lack of official response towards ongoing "misconceptions" in the community about sensitive info such as the "myths" of licencing or finances or the controversial disaster of F1 2017's stolen mod and how badly it was being treated.

Anyways, we probably just have to be patient it seems, but how much longer.

/just ranting, off topic i know, but it is frustrating to experience the same outcome for years, 10 have passed and transparency always was a issue.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Been saying this for 18 as well. 

I want louder winds and lower opponent volume. Give us the option to adjust these volumes, pretty much every other racing game I play have these as options. 

Edited by LFSwicked
  • Agree 2

@SturmDesTodes

Agree. We need a Roadmap or something like this. Informations what they are working for, what errors they have recognised etc.

We only know that there is a Performance Patch Coming. We know that they are looking the low rpm/the sound. But are they fix that? We don’t know anything.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Seems as if certain topics are once again falling under CMs "radiosilence treatment".

Only some major bugs and or threads with massive traffic got acknowledgement or a reply by the officials, if at all that is.

Imo, the biggest issue at CM is transparency.

We don't know what topics, bugs, ideas, suggestions or even wish lists etc. have been confirmed to be looked at, or will be addressed in the future (a organized checklist of some sort would be ideal to keep track of this), nor do we know exactly who is working in which department to properly tag people as there is no list with active CM employers and their roles at CM respectively to check that out, not to mention the lack of official response towards ongoing "misconceptions" in the community about sensitive info such as the "myths" of licencing or finances or the controversial disaster of F1 2017's stolen mod and how badly it was being treated.

Anyways, we probably just have to be patient it seems, but how much longer.

/just ranting, off topic i know, but it is frustrating to experience the same outcome for years, 10 have passed and transparency always was a issue.

I’m sorry, but when I build software for you (it’s my work) you will also not get a list of all things we’re going to fix and in which order. Nor will you get the details of all employees so you can ask them directly. Your wishes lead to less velocity when it comes to delivering software. 

IMO the only thing that Faya can do is create a list of tickets with all info provided here. And whilst you don’t see that, I’m sure they already do that. And then it’s just a matter of priorities and resources what will go first. Obviously they can’t fix everything at the same time and some bugs might have less impact then others, so maybe they don’t ever get fixed. 

Edited by Koekenbakker28
  • Agree 1

In my opinion the the sounds at least in cockpit cam should be like this (seems like mic is inside helmet here):

This should be all you can here, it is especially silly that you can here the people in the grandstand from cockpit cam. 

However on a slightly different topic. Imagine having inside-helmet-cam or fps-mode. Where you could remove tearoff from visor and see a LOT more headmovment when shifting gears, accelerating, braking and turning. This would go a long way for me in terms of realism and feeling of driving a car. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Uppern said:

In my opinion the the sounds at least in cockpit cam should be like this (seems like mic is inside helmet here):

This should be all you can here, it is especially silly that you can here the people in the grandstand from cockpit cam. 

However on a slightly different topic. Imagine having inside-helmet-cam or fps-mode. Where you could remove tearoff from visor and see a LOT more headmovment when shifting gears, accelerating, braking and turning. This would go a long way for me in terms of realism and feeling of driving a car. 

I remember f197 had tear offs! If I recall, you only had 5 though. 

• Agree 3

I want to switch the commentary language ingame. Want to play with German menus and text but English VA and commentary.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, Jaketa said:

Agree. The sound of the other cars is to loud.

Totally agree. I have the impression of having a bee flying near my ears!

Please CM, fix this.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

It's not so much a fix as just given you more options like other games do. I'm sure work has already started on 2020 so maybe they will add some of these suggestions into that rather than risk doing it with a live game and possibly introducing more bugs. 

On 7/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, sloppysmusic said:

It's not so much a fix as just given you more options like other games do. I'm sure work has already started on 2020 so maybe they will add some of these suggestions into that rather than risk doing it with a live game and possibly introducing more bugs. 

Option were already in previous versions. Don’t remember which ones but it existed.

I want to switch the commentary language ingame. Want to play with German menus and text but English VA and commentary.

You can switch the engineer to english (advanced sound settings I think it is), and the rest stays in german, that`s how I play it

• Like 1

Every year the same discussion. Codemasters has to defend their decision or apologize about mistakes.

You can't make the one sound which fits all. The best option would be to give us some sliders to adjust the sound we want to have and everybody is happy. We talked about 2017, 2018 and now 2019. If they want to prevent some work or patches after release let us choose our sound and we have 20 threads less. :classic_happy:

• Agree 1