enhanced understeer on or off?

whats better when using a wheel having it on or off?

I prefer it off, I hate that feeling of losing all FFB when understeering because that's not realistic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have the Thrustmaster T300 and i have it Off. The understeer feeling is to often in a race for my taste. Monaco you have it a couple of times per round. 

But, this is for every person different. I am happy we have the option to turn it On or Off in F1 game.

So with it off - there is still some FFB that remains - when on the FFB goes away when the tires lose grip. -is this correct? Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, softy94 said:

whats better when using a wheel having it on or off?

Understeer enhance should be an assist! for noobs then we’ll see how many of these Esports drivers would actually qualify for the Event. 

When do do you see in real f1 any driver mention it. it like an assist and it defo gains you an advantage when you learn to use it to you advantage.

if you need this aid to drive your a complete noob end of 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

16 minutes ago, Braga640 said:

Understeer enhance should be an assist! for noobs then we’ll see how many of these Esports drivers would actually qualify for the Event. 

When do do you see in real f1 any driver mention it. it like an assist and it defo gains you an advantage when you learn to use it to you advantage.

very informatve reply mate, this isnt about ranting about it...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Braga640 said:

Would be quite funny btw...

Lewis, what happened?

Lewis: I turned in and my friggin' enhanced understeer didn't work so i missed the corner🤣🤣🤣

I have it off btw. Hate the drop in FFB

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Would be quite funny btw...

Lewis, what happened?

Lewis: I turned in and my friggin' enhanced understeer didn't work so i missed the corner🤣🤣🤣

I have it off btw. Hate the drop in FFB

😂😂😂 it’s too true thou, an assist to feel the understeer it’s a complete joke tbh 

I have been using it - and having read this would have to agree it is an assist (I have had all other assists off) and will turn off. However, what this means is that the FFB settings with this off become more important. I Have a G29 - what FFB settings would people recommend?  (This has been a very interesting thread!)

3 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

I have been using it - and having read this would have to agree it is an assist (I have had all other assists off) and will turn off. However, what this means is that the FFB settings with this off become more important. I Have a G29 - what FFB settings would people recommend?  (This has been a very interesting thread!)

Esports drivers are using it to there advantage. Love to see how many would make the draft without it. Fact 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

Nah, doesn't change that much. You just get an other form of resistance/feeling in the wheel and you see the car slide outside the corner. Don't change your FFB if you're happy with it now. 

I have it off.

think it depends on what kind of wheel you have when I was using a g29 I was kind of switching between on or off couldn’t make my mind up which felt better, but with a better wheel it’s more of an annoyance having it on. Feels so unnatural 

It is a personal choice, it is an assist only in the fact that it simulates The lateral force of a car sliding just as the force feedback wheel simulates g forces put on you during cornering it is an emersion tool.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Is it really an assist though? We’re not in an actual car that we can feel understeer in. Literally every major sim has the same feature. 

Anyone that uses it isn’t a noob, they just understand that you can’t feel the force and responsiveness of the car that you could IRL.

It’s a real effect when driving at the limit of a car regardless. 

Edited by Layeo
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I was always under the impression this option was dedicated to low end gear driven wheels like the G29. Belt driven wheels like FANATEC and Thrustmaster do not require this to be on. In fact I found it a hindrance with in on while using a FANATEC CSL ELITE wheel base. 

Edited by ZenRazo

8 hours ago, Braga640 said:

I rather be a noob than someone like you who thinks he's a better person cause he uses different settings on a freaking videogame. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Braga640 said:

😂😂😂 it’s too true thou, an assist to feel the understeer it’s a complete joke tbh 

I dont know you seem like the joke to me for complaining about an assist that gives you the option to turn or or of at your disposal . Its a game made for everyone . Not just the hardcore so get over your self . Id rarther be an noob assist user than someone who thinks hes better than the rest cause he has an assist on or off . 

11 hours ago, Braga640 said:

I have never turned this of. Maybe i should, but is the assist having it on or off? I really don't know.:classic_huh:

How could it be an assist? It does nothing more than increasing some effects. If this is an assist, than it should be not allowed to adjust FFB settings to your liking. :classic_blink:

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Braga640 said:

Esports drivers are using it to there advantage. Love to see how many would make the draft without it. Fact 

Well this "new" member of the forum sounds all too familiar to me! Yet another alter ego is it? 

Edited by martbloke

I turned the understeer setting on last night just to see what it was like and found it pretty awful. It's like you lose all FFB at the point of understeer, which causes the wheel (T300) to go light and makes all resistance disappear, which really affected my line through the corner. 

I believe this setting is on as default IIRC and have no idea why. Feels so unnatural to have this sudden loss of FFB through the corner. I'd say try turning it off and see how you get on. Of course for those who like it there's no harm in it, but it's not for me.

• Agree 1

I have always had the understeer on. Thought it was something to make the car in the game simulate how a real F1 car should behave with understeer. Never thought that it was a sort of assist. Was up in the middle of a race in China and turned it off at the same time that i was in the pit for tyre change. And the rest of the race after that was much easier to drive. Don't know if it was because of the tyre change or turning it off... But i could take the corners more easily with it off. I drive in cockpit view and with all assists off so if i don't want assist with understeer i should have it turned off?

To me it's the difference between knowing where your wheels are pointing at all times, even if the car is understeering, and the wheel suddenly going loose for a second or two and not quite knowing which way the wheels are then pointing as I'm still moving the wheel as if I had full control. I'm just baffled why they have it on as default as I'd imagine a lot of people will be driving with it enabled, not knowing why their car feels light at certain times. 

3 hours ago, Cappachino78 said:

I have always had the understeer on. Thought it was something to make the car in the game simulate how a real F1 car should behave with understeer. Never thought that it was a sort of assist. Was up in the middle of a race in China and turned it off at the same time that i was in the pit for tyre change. And the rest of the race after that was much easier to drive. Don't know if it was because of the tyre change or turning it off... But i could take the corners more easily with it off. I drive in cockpit view and with all assists off so if i don't want assist with understeer i should have it turned off?

Same for me. Without it is so much easier to drive bcs you feel the grip whole time. If someone say that is assist he have to find better doctor

18 hours ago, Braga640 said:

TV Pod is a assist for Noobs, Proximinty Arrows is a assist for Noobs, Circuit map the list goes on,

However good luck finding YouTube channels with players that use none of the above,

What view do you use ?

• Agree 1