Jump to content Jump to content

Xbox One G290 Steering Wheel Calibration/Vibration Issues on F1 2019

I was gifted a Logitech G290 as a birthday present, I wasn’t planning on swapping to a wheel as I’m already quite fast on a controller but I thought I’d give it a go as an entry point.

After setting up the wheel via the software on my laptop, updating the software, turning off the auto centring and turning down the rotation to 360 I hooked it up to my Xbox. Upon testing the wheel out on Time Trial at China I began to notice the wheel felt weirdly heavy, so I edited the saturation, force feedback, wheel dampener etc and it helped a little bit, but it’s still not perfect and it’s weirdly unresponsive handling wise through sector 1 at COTA. 

The most pressing matter is that when I accelerate or brake (even lock up) I can’t actually feel or tell what’s going on, whether I’ve braked too hard or accelerated too sharply I cannot find the limit of grip anywhere, not in the wheel or pedals. Is this feature exclusive to more expensive wheels like Fanatec? I’m just extremely surprised by this as on my Xbox Controller I can feel every sensation of my car, braking, accelerating, oversteer, under-steer, tyre wear etc. 

Any help with settings in-game and or via the software would be mighty helpful. For anyone who helps, thank you 

On 7/5/2019 at 5:01 AM, ObiWanMaHomie said:

I was gifted a Logitech G290 as a birthday present, I wasn’t planning on swapping to a wheel as I’m already quite fast on a controller but I thought I’d give it a go as an entry point.

After setting up the wheel via the software on my laptop, updating the software, turning off the auto centring and turning down the rotation to 360 I hooked it up to my Xbox. Upon testing the wheel out on Time Trial at China I began to notice the wheel felt weirdly heavy, so I edited the saturation, force feedback, wheel dampener etc and it helped a little bit, but it’s still not perfect and it’s weirdly unresponsive handling wise through sector 1 at COTA. 

The most pressing matter is that when I accelerate or brake (even lock up) I can’t actually feel or tell what’s going on, whether I’ve braked too hard or accelerated too sharply I cannot find the limit of grip anywhere, not in the wheel or pedals. Is this feature exclusive to more expensive wheels like Fanatec? I’m just extremely surprised by this as on my Xbox Controller I can feel every sensation of my car, braking, accelerating, oversteer, under-steer, tyre wear etc. 

Any help with settings in-game and or via the software would be mighty helpful. For anyone who helps, thank you 

Your settings changes on PC have absolutely no effect on XBox. All you can do is update the firmware via PC.

Your in-game settings should be set to default.

There is a setting in-game for wheel rotation in degrees. The FFB on a Logitech is quite crude and there is a little bit of deadzone. That's it. If you're new to a wheel then messing with saturation straightaway is a mistake. Try to get used to the wheel first, then change ONE setting at a time (crudely if you like, to see the difference it actually makes to stock).

There is no 'magic' setting, you just have to get used to it and once you figure out how it's working, then 'tune' it.

Hope this helps.

Archived