Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear Mr David Greco - Handling 2019

8 minutes ago, lor1700 said:

not on a polemical tone but (i agree with you mostly that we should put on something more centred on what people wnat really patched)....but i'd love to have:

1 official poll where they collect a list of requests and then people vote -> the top voting then will be patched first or only. this is simple, visual and let understand ANYONE what the majority wants, not 1000 3ds where everyone (including me maybe) asks for a specific thing.

and then a joke/not polemical question:

but all those beta testers...(from what i've seen many of them just used game for their own advantage) have not seen what we people, have noticed in 20-30 mins after the 25th june???

-massive understeer

-soft tyre bug

-safety car (i read some complain about that, me personally until spain completed, never seen 1)

-ers AI forever

-again some tracks too fast with AI (baku, etc)

-and so on....

i guessed that a beta tester "work" should have been to declare all these things and then help cm to fix....but maybe i'm wrong

cheers and peace

A poll can be done, but let's say most votes go to something what is incredible comprehensive to code and can take let's say 2 months. And there are 5 things that take less time. What then? I'm not willing to wait 2 months when other stuff in the meantime can be done sooner. That's 5 bugs less in stead of 1.

3 minutes ago, lor1700 said:

-massive understeer

-soft tyre bug

-safety car (i read some complain about that, me personally until spain completed, never seen 1)

-ers AI forever

-again some tracks too fast with AI (baku, etc)

-and so on....

Some of the points are already discussed during beta.

- For understeer it is your feeling. For me it's all fine. Again, most people complaining about understeer comparing the game with last year, where you could throw the car unrealisticly fast into a corner.

- I didn't had a soft tyre bug until now. Please specify what you mean.

- i don't have any problems with SC. It's not ideal but it works.

- it seems like the AI uses more ERS, but it's not confirmed by CM. Could be a display bug.

- I didn't find the AI too fast in Baku. I think Bahrain is the most powerful track for AI (like the years before). What's mentioned in the beta is, AI seems too fast on straights. Even with DRS and slipstream. I think this will be reviewed during work for performance patch

Many people are complaining about bugs, but the same amount say it's all fine. On the other hand many people complaining because they could't drive with 100 or 110 AI. That's an ego thing. I didn't had any problem with the game until now, especially no game braking bug.

Well... the setups that almost change every online race between quali and race is beginning to work on my nerves quite a lot.

if I have to make a guess, i'd say it happened to me 75% of all races from yesterday to today.

I have three 100% races done and didnt see any major issues. AI is more stable and real still could defend inside line better but ye its step forward. Only thing iam afraid of is some unreal driver change

13 minutes ago, David Greco said:

"-ers AI forever" That is so false a statement, almost like saying the earth is flat.

Could you explain a bit further? In some vids it looked like AI can use higher ERS modes for longer time than the player, but it could be a glitch like missing steering animation.

Hey Mr. Greco, so on the understeer issue, are we just missing it with our setup and/or driving style, or are the cars inherently understeer-y in the game? Or are they modeled after F1 cars, and they just happen to also be understeer-y?

25 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Could you explain a bit further? In some vids it looked like AI can use higher ERS modes for longer time than the player, but it could be a glitch like missing steering animation.

Yes don't go by the animation/ai info. Ai uses same power as player. I have no problem beating them and keeping in front of them. They are good at using ERS, but not as good as players. Actually sometimes I feel like they finished the power and can't challenge me.

23 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Hey Mr. Greco, so on the understeer issue, are we just missing it with our setup and/or driving style, or are the cars inherently understeer-y in the game? Or are they modeled after F1 cars, and they just happen to also be understeer-y?

When I was driving in real life, I always complained about understeer. Head engineer on the team once had enough of it and called me to look at the Telemetry compared to my team mate. I found out i was understeering because I was going over the limit of what physically possible by the car.

Said that, the default setup is a bit understeery by nature, the cars are understeery by nature. With a setup you can make it very oversteery. There is no perfect setup, just find the perfect combination that work with the car natural physical limit, your driving style and setup tuning.

8 minutes ago, David Greco said:

When I was driving in real life, I always complained about understeer. Head engineer on the team once had enough of it and called me to look at the Telemetry compared to my team mate. I found out i was understeering because I was going over the limit of what physically possible by the car.

Said that, the default setup is a bit understeery by nature, the cars are understeery by nature. With a setup you can make it very oversteery. There is no perfect setup, just find the perfect combination that work with the car natural physical limit, your driving style and setup tuning.

Awesome! This is kinda what I figured. Much of the complaining is the overdriving we are all doing. I know when i drive a kart you can easily overdrive it and cause it to bounce/chatter or push and its not faster even though its possible to drive it this way. Finding the balance of limit while not overdriving is key i guess in any vehicle.

2 hours ago, Sojourner said:

Awesome! This is kinda what I figured. Much of the complaining is the overdriving we are all doing. I know when i drive a kart you can easily overdrive it and cause it to bounce/chatter or push and its not faster even though its possible to drive it this way. Finding the balance of limit while not overdriving is key i guess in any vehicle.

Yep, people don't like slowing down for the corner. Expect cars on rails like scalectrix! It is a learning curve from earlier games but this game is so much better for handling I found in the beta. 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, AlexTT said:

And WHEN will that be? A week? A month? 

Next year, most likely.

11 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Let them do their work and try to be a little patient. The game is one and a half week old.

From my point of view they should take all the time they need and bring out a stable and good patch without destroying some other things.

Agreed mate, to me the game is very good out of the box, not much needs fixing, just the 2 or 3 things I mentioned above......Great game!

I pretty much hit a wall in TT for Melbourne trying to get the hang of the new handling model.  Ive never been fast here, but in the 70%s???  Went back to 2018 to look.........  72%, and within 2 tenths of that same time.........  It just feels a bit different, but the times Ive been setting are in line with 2018, I just suck in Australia.  Made me fell a little better.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:38 AM, David Greco said:

You can do that by adding damper in the FFB.

The cars will also be updated with more downforce with a sports update.

Damper does nothing to me except make the wheel muddy.

Good news on the second.

At first I was spinning off and kept going wide out of corners, now after so much practice I’ve got hang of it had no problems since. Didn’t enjoy game at first but now it’s great game.

I do think ERS needs to be looked at because according to Lando Norris they don’t change ERS and only have overtake button. 

Driver transfers are great idea however would be better if it was only end of season. 

Revs in 8th gears seem to be low 

AI straight line speed I’m not sure if they are too fast or not. 

Instead of choosing any team I would prefer If you get contract offers from other teams and work to get to top team. I do remember one of f1 games this did happen.