Sign in to follow this  

Dear Mr David Greco - Handling 2019

F1 2019 wheel weight through corners and grip via Fanatec wheel is non-existence , can't feel any force or weight transfer like in 2018... This is going backwards in handling ,why? Also where did the bumps go, can't feel them either or road surface like in 2018 , this is not good 

• Disagree 1

On T300 is everythink little bit better than 2018

• Agree 1

Thanks Neomo , I have that wheel too so will try.

But my apologies to Mr Greco , I see now in F1 2019 , tire temp builds up slowly and grip starts coming. .. Awesome..... 

24 minutes ago, Naeemali007 said:

Thanks Neomo , I have that wheel too so will try.

But my apologies to Mr Greco , I see now in F1 2019 , tire temp builds up slowly and grip starts coming. .. Awesome..... 

Try singapore🤣 rightfront still goes hot as an oven.

what I really like is the enormous fast heating and cooling from the tyres. The carcass temperatures don't stay a lap on 1 value, this is so much more realistic. Overheat the rears, and you're instantly ice skating 🤣 the way the tyres react is so much better

• Agree 1

I wish there had been a clearer description from code masters on what they had done to improve the handling model. Last year they did a video with David Greco explaining what he had done - would have been nice for this year as well. 

I like last year dev blogs too. 

9 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Try singapore🤣 rightfront still goes hot as an oven.

what I really like is the enormous fast heating and cooling from the tyres. The carcass temperatures don't stay a lap on 1 value, this is so much more realistic. Overheat the rears, and you're instantly ice skating 🤣 the way the tyres react is so much better

Yea im likeing the way the tyres react this year to last years feels more real like you said last year you would do an slow lap just to drop 1 degree were this year the can move a few degrees up or down from one corner to next its deffently there most authentic game the have brought to date that represents real just wish the would hurry up with the performance patch and sort the sc out . 

@Naeemali007

maybe you need to mess around with your wheel settings.

i have a fanatec aswell and it’s definitely an improvement in my opinion.

• Agree 1

FFB needs to be less springy and add more tire feel.

Sliders would be nice.

Also they made the cars a fair bit slower than real life, the 2019 rules hurt cars downforce way less than Codemasters thought.

• Agree 1

I have drive on the CSW and I can tell you last years settings are out of the window, but once you dial it in the handling is superb, I have also noticed that your out lap is much more important during qualifying to bring the tires up to temp, and trying to do two hot laps is pointless because the tires are done. Last year I could routinely crack off two flyers on most tracks improving my time. So in that respect I believe that the 2019 handling is more realistic and the tire model has the most effects on this years handling model.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, pbrstreetgangkt said:

I have drive on the CSW and I can tell you last years settings are out of the window, but once you dial it in the handling is superb, I have also noticed that your out lap is much more important during qualifying to bring the tires up to temp, and trying to do two hot laps is pointless because the tires are done. Last year I could routinely crack off two flyers on most tracks improving my time. So in that respect I believe that the 2019 handling is more realistic and the tire model has the most effects on this years handling model.

It is possible, do hot, cold, hot, but the cooling lap needs to be really good. Only negative is that you have to take more fuel with you and when it is OSQ the tyres are done for the race.

Edited by AlexTT

On 7/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, LChaves01 said:

FFB needs to be less springy and add more tire feel.

Sliders would be nice.

Also they made the cars a fair bit slower than real life, the 2019 rules hurt cars downforce way less than Codemasters thought.

You can do that by adding damper in the FFB.

The cars will also be updated with more downforce with a sports update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 2

Damper is the worst effect in racing games. Always off

Well, if you think that through the tyre itself, the steering arms, the steering column and the steering wheel itself, you get no dampening, you are quite wrong. Dampening is needed. Not much, agreed, I don't like it myself when is too much, but is needed.

Posted (edited)

I looked for some geat steering settings guide on iracing forums when i bought new wheel and they strongly recommended to turn dampening to 0 both in drivers and sim. But ye its could be different sim to sim no offense

Edit: btw default settings in game is just default or its different wheel to wheel? 

Edited by Neomo

Hi guys, my first post here! 😄

I'm really enjoying the game so far, harder than last year's game. The handling is harder yes, but that's a good thing, as it would be pointless having exactly the same physics as 2018, wouldn't it?

Good news that @David Greco has confirmed that the cars will have more downforce added to them, as they are a bit "loose" on high speed bends, where in reality they should be glued to the ground.

And hopefully the performance and, qualy pace will be adjusted soon, and the game will almost be perfect to me! 

Good job this year on the game!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Greco said:

The cars will also be updated with more downforce with a sports update.

And WHEN will that be? A week? A month? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

And WHEN will that be? A week? A month? 

When it's ready

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, HamsterRacer80 said:

"Soon" 🙂

Yeah we all heard that one🤣

5 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Yeah we all heard that one🤣

Let them do their work and try to be a little patient. The game is one and a half week old.

From my point of view they should take all the time they need and bring out a stable and good patch without destroying some other things.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Let them do their work and try to be a little patient. The game is one and a half week old.

From my point of view they should take all the time they need and bring out a stable and good patch without destroying some other things.

Me too... 

only looking at the past, well... they take their time, patch a lot of stuff what wasn't pointed out by the community, and mostly it broke something else. 

1 example: safety car.

CM should take a look at for instance Bungie, they neglected their community also in the beginning, and that wasn't good for them. Even on Youtube the complaints were everywhere. They didn't listen to the community and lost a lot of players.

nowadays they communicate a lot with their community, make roadmaps, ask plyers for input, and a lot of input is actually beeing worked on and fixed. Result: their community is more satisfied, much happier, and feels like they are taken seriously.

but showing some transparancies, communicating with their playerbase about what they are working on for the next patch and what is more complicated and will be patched at a later stage is nowhere to be found here.

is it too much to ask for to post once in a while any form off update to the community with a sort of roadmap or whatever where they tell us what they are working on, so we as a community can see that they actually listen to us. 

Saying they do doesn't mean **** to me, SHOW us that they do is much more valuable. Actions speak louder than words.

But the lack of communication from CM is just terrible. Not the community managers, but any Dev who also knows how to type a  small story about upcoming changes is that too much too ask?

when I see twitter replies of 1 sentence: will be coming in a later patch. Or whatever Lee tweeted. COME ON! It's your playerbase! Your community! The people who buy the stuff they make! Replies like that are just taking the easy way out to avoid difficult questions. Just leave them in the dark.  That's information that's as usefull as a jerrycan gasoline to extinquish a fire.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Agree 2

Understood, but the problem from last year, as i've seen it, was if they make any statements on the forum you will have immediately 20 threads about "why this and not that" and another 20 threads which constantly spamming "when will it ben finished".

From my experience last year i can understand the players and their needs for more communication and i can understand CM to not make any promises.

Posted (edited)

There's a difference in making promises and telling what you're working on. And explain why some patches need more time. 

Give more insight. Now it's just: here's a patch good luck! Oh and the patchnotes with things as various stability and performance updates. Like WHAT!? 

A community wants to be heard and most of all taken seriously. Now everyone is posting stuff, faya says she will tell the devs and then.....

that's what I'm talking about. And we deserve better and have the right to demand from CM what's going on. 

Another example: KEYBOARD inputs on consoles. Any idea how long people are asking (almost begging) for this? CM could have made themselves GODS if they implemented it this edition. After all, 2 years in the making, keyboard support for consoles is one of the most requested feature, for years. 

And still.... nothing.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Agree 3

not on a polemical tone but (i agree with you mostly that we should put on something more centred on what people wnat really patched)....but i'd love to have:

1 official poll where they collect a list of requests and then people vote -> the top voting then will be patched first or only. this is simple, visual and let understand ANYONE what the majority wants, not 1000 3ds where everyone (including me maybe) asks for a specific thing.

and then a joke/not polemical question:

but all those beta testers...(from what i've seen many of them just used game for their own advantage) have not seen what we people, have noticed in 20-30 mins after the 25th june???

-massive understeer

-soft tyre bug

-safety car (i read some complain about that, me personally until spain completed, never seen 1)

-ers AI forever

-again some tracks too fast with AI (baku, etc)

-and so on....

i guessed that a beta tester "work" should have been to declare all these things and then help cm to fix....but maybe i'm wrong

cheers and peace

• Agree 1