Sign in to follow this  

I'm bored on dirt rally 2.0

Posted (edited)

Drifting is not that hard to be honest. It's just a skill you need to master by using the handbrake and playing with the throttle and adjusting steering input.

I'm using the base setup and soft tyres. Imaging what it would be like with medium or hard tyres.

Edited by SimVansevenant

On 7/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, FLAW3D said:

New video from Block, Both cars are glued to the tarmac even in damp conditions.

yes is true and is normal  because ken B choose grip setup  , on rally is possible choose slide ( or drift ) setup or grip setup but on dirt rally 2.0 you have only grip reactions on tarmac .

@SimVansevenant   sorry to slide, I use only the car settings not the steering wheel, this proves that your steering wheel settings is not realistic if you can drift with soft tires. because to slip or drift you need tires that have a low grip or are worn (and the car settings too)

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

@SimVansevenant   sorry to slide, I use only the car settings not the steering wheel, this proves that your steering wheel settings is not realistic if you can drift with soft tires. because to slip or drift you need tires that have a low grip or are worn (and the car settings too)

I guess I'll have to disagree with you there and I'll post a video as proof once it's uploaded. My steering wheel is set to pretty much standard settings. Nothing has been changed except for the FFB. I'm using soft lock so it has the correct rotation. 

2019-07-14_1843.thumb.png.11c75c39f1a7e46b90634605070b12f6.png2019-07-14_1843_001.thumb.png.25b17fce7e92453d46a46ef45070f8ae.png1173687638_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_07.14-18_41_59_82.thumb.png.60b4c0a80398deba2d3c35d11a6b1706.png2106869513_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_07.14-18_42_02_97.thumb.png.ce66af208310455f5bf956f59870c9ff.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gk9147 said:

Here's the video of my driving with the BMW M3 E30 on soft tyres. I bodged some of the corners (on the cobbles) but you will clearly see that it is possible to create some beautiful slides. I think the problem you have it that you don't have enough speed when entering the corner. You are basically going too slow.

The only setup change is the ride height which doesn't make much of a difference.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

nice 'drift' there at 3:57 and again at about 5:08.

i think this is what he's looking for though 😂:

but fact is that gymkhana cars use special suspension, wheels, engine mappings etc to be able to drift like that, and that if you use a standard rally car it's actually very difficult, as Ken Block explains here (the video starts at the correct time, 8:43):

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

nice 'drift' there at 3:57 and again at about 5:08.

i think this is what he's looking for though 😂:

but fact is that gymkhana cars use special suspension, wheels, engine mappings etc to be able to drift like that, and that if you use a standard rally car it's actually very difficult, as Ken Block explains here (the video starts at the correct time, 8:43):

@gk9147 if you are looking for this, you're in the wrong sport. You did post some videos of historic rally cars sliding so you are also hoping to be able to do what I did in my video. Unfortunately you haven't reached that level of skill yet. It is possible as you can see so just keep practising and you'll get there eventually. And please don't assume that some of us are using unrealistic methods to be able to do things like this in the game because we don't. I've been driving racing and rally sims more or less competitively for over a decade and a half now and I still try to improve my skills as of today. It takes a lot of time and effort. 

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 7/14/2019 at 4:35 PM, gk9147 said:

yes is true and is normal  because ken B choose grip setup  , on rally is possible choose slide ( or drift ) setup or grip setup but on dirt rally 2.0 you have only grip reactions on tarmac .

This might be relevant for u, ur welcome:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

@SimVansevenant @PJTierney@Tranzitive i want push the car on the limit look the steering  wheel work amazing show on rally  

those are professional racing drivers! this is a sim(ish) game! you have to practice.

• Agree 2

On 7/16/2019 at 8:10 AM, gk9147 said:

@SimVansevenant @PJTierney@Tranzitive i want push the car on the limit look the steering  wheel work amazing show on rally  

First of all, that's not a historically accurate rally car. Once again you post a video of a car that has been extensively modified to drive sideways. Also, if you look closely at the rear tyres, they are gravel tyres which makes a huge difference.

Secondly, you are more or less able to drive like that by putting medium/hard compound tyres on the RWD cars in-game.

Please, can we put this rather pointless discussion to rest, honestly. Just accept the fact that it is possible to drive sideways (my video is proof of that) and keep practising until you yourself have reached that level of skill.

• Agree 3