Sign in to follow this  

I'm bored on dirt rally 2.0

i explain the problem, graphics is good and FFB too but i am bored on DR 2.0 i explain why

1 the DLC season 2 is for RX player ( except walles is coming in 2 weeks ) but DR 2.0 is rally games not RX games ,and more RX than rally in same season is boring  ( need more rally stage( finland , greece , san remo , portugal ....) ) 

2 tarmac problem ( especially for classic car and RWD car )   with hard tyres and good steup for drift , the slide and drift sensation is very bad personnally i want update for tarmac  .when i drive on DR 2.0 i have the sensation  the car is stick on floor is horrible 

3 tarmac with the rain, the rain tyre is very grippy on DR2.0  this tyre need more sliding  for more  slide and drift moment in dirt rally 2.0 ( the rain tyre is more grippy than medium tyre is not logic ) 

4 tyre strategy is very easy to drive lot of stage with soft tyre need update for real strategy on the DR 2.0 

5 no kit car i want kit car on the game 

6 please fixe club mode because the car always time come back to default setup  after service area is boring to drive in default setup  

personnaly i buy rally game for insane moment  ( drift , big jump , strategy tyre  , funny moment and more ) the rally is competitive but is show too

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

1.This is official RX game.

2.Tarmac physics is not so decent but no draft on tarmac in real rally. You may need some arcade games.

3.IDK

4.True

5.I want GUNDAM in this game :)

i think this guy has complained before about there being too much grip on tarmac. if anything it's the other way around. watch some videos of especially modern rally cars on tarmac and they are almost stuck to the road like glue. these are 4WD cars on slick tires, you'd expect them to have a huge amount of grip. i'm sure most people here drive FWD cars with grooved tires and we don't all go slip-sliding around every single corner. if anything there's not enough grip on tarmac in the game.

OP also posts a video of RWD cars going around a hairpin in the rain as an example of how he wants the cars to slide and saying that the rain tire has too much grip but ... those cars in that video look pretty planted to the road to me. only one or two of them had a slight wiggle of the rear end, the Porsche went round absolutely planted, so did the Stratos and the O37 at the end. 

• Like 1

Why not just play something else? Take a little break. Then you can come back to the game later and enjoy it again

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

@azakamifujino thanks for you reply  i no want need arcade games lol but on the real rally you have choice on the tarmac because the slide or drift is the skill for rally  driver on sometimes on hairpine or difficult turn is better than grip turn  look this video technic driver is different 

and drift and slide technic on tarmac  on rally you have choice  ( and if you look is real not arcacade )

codemasters have license  WRX is true but DR 2.0 is rally game  and the priority is rally not RX 

• Agree 1

@Tranzitive look this videos 

lancia 037 drift and slide

in wet  road 

look in 2:38 

lancia stratos 

porsche onboard slide turn 

the rain tyre in real is not very gripy look ( tarmac ) 

10 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

Why not just play something else? Take a little break. Then you can come back to the game later and enjoy it again

i wait walles and i play BF5 , pcars2, dirt 4 and gtsport 😉

On 7/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, LeonardoRatafia said:

i'm bored because I don't have my country flag to select #lazydevs

Just out of interest, what country are you from?

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Just out of interest, what country are you from?

80% sure they were being sarcastic

• Like 1

I'm from Uruguay (south america)

they never put our flag and there's just 12 countries only on South America. And I buy the damn game it's not that I use pirate game.

it's really silly of devs and disrespectful

sorry for OT

• Agree 3

On 7/7/2019 at 8:27 AM, gk9147 said:

i no want need arcade games lol

On 7/7/2019 at 9:38 AM, gk9147 said:

i wait wales and i play dirt 4 and gtsport

Something doesn't add up...

29 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Something doesn't add up...

dirt 4 is for  unlimited generate rally tracks and GTsport is only play  for online  sport mode  and i play asseto corsa and PCARS 2  

On 7/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, gk9147 said:

in your first video the driver made a mistake, that's why the car slid. 

your 2nd vid of the O37 - this is basically how the car behaves in the game, so all your vid proves is that Codemasters got the handling of the car right.

your next two videos of the Stratos - in these videos the car is going around a hairpin. it's not 'drifting'. you can make the car go around hairpins like that easily in the game using the handbrake and proper application of the throttle. 

your videos of the Porsche don't show it drifting at all, it's pretty stuck to the road.

your first vid of the rain shows cars driving over a surface covered in mud in extremely heavy rain. the second rain vid again just shows cars going  around a hairpin in the wet.

and in the first rain vid of yours nearly all those cars have been going off when they drive over the muddy part of the road. and most of the cars going off are FWD cars and they've gone off most likely due to locking the brakes. watch your vid - Rally Ribamontan - at 1:55 where the Mitsubishi Evo is. you'll see how much grip it has even in the rain.

actually all your videos prove is that CM did a really good job with the handling model 😂 i'm even more impressed now after seeing your vids, good job CM! 😁👍

what you seem to think is 'drifting' isn't really that - it's just cars going round a hairpin using the handbrake. if you want proper drifting then seriously man, go play Need for Speed or some type of very arcade rally game. Dirt 3 is very cheap on Steam and has a lot of actual drifting in it in the gymkhana sections (good game too). seems like that would be more what you're looking for from a rally game.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

On 7/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, gk9147 said:

l

I don't see what the problem is: I admit I haven't watched all videos to the end, but all the slides and drifts I've seen in them can be re-create in DR 2.0. Take the BMW M3 or the 911 to Monte Carlo or Spain and the sideways-action will be even too much for you. :)

If you really go for big powerslides try more agressive diff settings and stiffen up the rear ARB. Put more brake force to the rear to make easier to induce corner-entry oversteer. Experiment and the slides (and smiles) will come. :)

@Tranzitive in the rally you have the choice to take difficult turns in slide or grip according to your car settings. but in dirt rally 2.0 there is only grip for the tarmac. so the tarmac in DR 2.0 is not real ( and very bad ) 

dirt 3 game is arcade yes is true but ken block is real too ( and gymkhana too) so is possible to slide or drift 

It's extremely easy to slide on tarmac in DR2. Maybe you're just not very good at it. 

• Agree 2

1. There has been like 10x more rally content released for the game than there has RX content. It's as much an RX game as it is a rally game.

2. It's a RX/Rally game, not a drifting game.

2 hours ago, gk9147 said:

@Tranzitive in the rally you have the choice to take difficult turns in slide or grip according to your car settings. but in dirt rally 2.0 there is only grip for the tarmac. so the tarmac in DR 2.0 is not real ( and very bad ) 

dirt 3 game is arcade yes is true but ken block is real too ( and gymkhana too) so is possible to slide or drift 

You can easily slide in tarmac... In fact it's one of the things i like the most in dr2.0 is to drive a rwd car in Spain. Don't know if the physics are good, but boy, it's alot of fun...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm not sure what game you're playing. I'm getting power oversteer even on soft tyres, the claim that cars are 'stick on floor' is plain wrong. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

@Opassac  what is your steering wheel settings for drift?    

I wouldn't say i do big, powersliding drifts, but i can easily slide the car using the throttle pedal, at least with rwd cars... My settings are pretty usual and i don't think they matter in this, but here they go. They are in portuguese but you can relate them to your language. I do play with soft lock on, if you want more slides, maybe you should lower the wheel rotation to make it more sensative. 

You can always make a car oversteer more easily by tuning it, locking the rear diff, for example...

15627688480335581977161275254710.jpg

Edited by Opassac

Also, do drive with tc and stability Control off... Maybe you are using them, which probably makes it more difficult to drive the car sideways...

@Opassac   i drive without assist , and no I would not lower my angle of rotation because it is not realistic (because I have no problem on gravel and snow)

• Agree 1

New video from Block, Both cars are glued to the tarmac even in damp conditions.