Sign in to follow this  

I need help with difficulty

I played f1 2018 on 106-107 difficulty which was basically my level. But in 2019, I started with 102 in Australia and beat my team mate by 0.5 seconds so I put it up to 104 for Bahrain but there I got like 0.5 from my team mate and in china 0.4 and in baku 0.8. Its true that maybe I could have done like 1 or 2 tenths better laps but that wouldnt have changed much. 

seems like your teammate is better 😄

no what is your question? finding your difficulty? As written in another topic it is quite tough to tell someone his difficulty. I played 2018 with 92 AI - started 2019 with 85 AI - I will increase most probably mid season a bit

I think there is no rule really how to set it up, find your own best setting, if you tried 102 and 104 - try 103 ?

1 minute ago, svensenk86 said:

seems like your teammate is better 😄

no what is your question? finding your difficulty? As written in another topic it is quite tough to tell someone his difficulty. I played 2018 with 92 AI - started 2019 with 85 AI - I will increase most probably mid season a bit

I think there is no rule really how to set it up, find your own best setting, if you tried 102 and 104 - try 103 ?

Yh it looks like my teammate is better now. My question is that if you had to decrease the difficulty from 2018 to 2019 and by how much, so maybe i would need to try it out, but i see that you answered so thanks. :)

ah yes, didn`t know that your question was in general, yes, the AI is better this year than 2018, so normally you hear that players started with lower AI level than they had in 2018. Like me 92 - 85 but I think it is a thing of getting used to the "new" cars - soon you will be back to your 2018 level

2019 is definitely more difficult.

2018 I used to have AI on 92-94.  With the minor testing in single grand prix weekend so far it seems I'm more at the 85-88 range.

So its a few levels lower like 5-7, not only 3 like I did.

either you do it before the career, or I think the workaround with the Options button during loading times should work doesn`t it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

How do you change the difficulty in this years game ? 

You can change it between practice sessions, and you can change it between the loading times when moving to a different weekend.

• Thanks 1

I've had to decrease difficulty in each of the last 3 games. 2017 I could do 110 AI. 2018 it was 105. 2019 I have it down to 100 and I still am a little slow compared to my teammate. Havent been able to enjoy much because of the ridiculous tyre wear bug unfortunately. 

I have heard is aot slower in wet conditions, Is it True? Does it need a fix?

Also add into this YOU are not the same level for every track!  I have seen some complaints about Azerbaijan having OP AI however I have just finished this track in my career and I found it to be comparable to the other tracks I had raced it.  It is a tricky track though and I would imagine that some people just are running the wrong setup and therefore having to go a little slower than the AI at the tricky sections and then trying to make it up on the straight which will never really work in reality!

• Agree 1

On 7/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, frds2 said:

It is slower I ended up p1 during quali on wet during my first season on canada with mclaren lol... 

I started P18 in China with my Alfa (dry conditions), ended up P3 in the race which was covered in rain - AI 85

I'm about 4% lower than I was on 2018 to more or less match my teammate. It obviously differs quite a lot by track because of the AI being so unbalanced.

Posted (edited)

In Melbourne , Bahrain and Monaco i use 90 difficulty

Baku i use 85 difficulty

Singapore 88

Other tracks 95 (maybe 97later)

Edited by Gragooni

On 7/5/2019 at 1:46 PM, legakos said:

I played f1 2018 on 106-107 difficulty which was basically my level. But in 2019, I started with 102 in Australia and beat my team mate by 0.5 seconds so I put it up to 104 for Bahrain but there I got like 0.5 from my team mate and in china 0.4 and in baku 0.8. Its true that maybe I could have done like 1 or 2 tenths better laps but that wouldnt have changed much. 

I did 2018 on 107 as well. So maybe this will help you for this year’s game:

AUS 104

BHR 103

CHN 103

AZB 101

ESP 104

MCO 105/106

CAN 104/105

FRA 103

AUT 105

GBR 106

GER 104

Damn you change this by every race?

I just increased from 85 to 87 – in P1 in Spain I was 0.5 sec faster than my teammate Kimi, same tyres, so looks still ok for me – I will go with this setting now and after the next contract talks I will decide if another increase is needed or not.

It really depends on the track. I played F1 2018 on 100 difficulty but this year is seems hard for me. I'm playing F1 2019 on 97/98 but it really depends on the track. It seems AI is stronger in Bahrain and Baku as well.

Usually what I do to find my difficulty is: pick a track,work in TT on some setup tweaks (maybe 10/20 laps), go to Grand Prix with a top team (Merc, Ferrari or RB) and check if I can keep up with the AI in front. I don't even run qualify. The idea is to check if in 2/3 laps I'm not 2seconds away from the AI. If I can match their pace, that's the level I'm searching for.

Cheers

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

Damn you change this by every race?

I just increased from 85 to 87 – in P1 in Spain I was 0.5 sec faster than my teammate Kimi, same tyres, so looks still ok for me – I will go with this setting now and after the next contract talks I will decide if another increase is needed or not.

You have to change it race by race if you want a realistic balance.

You have to change it race by race if you want a realistic balance.

oh man it is getting more and more complicated 😄 I don`t have time to figure out every time which AI level fits realism? !

4 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I did 2018 on 107 as well. So maybe this will help you for this year’s game:

AUS 104

BHR 103

CHN 103

AZB 101

ESP 104

MCO 105/106

CAN 104/105

FRA 103

AUT 105

GBR 106

GER 104

Thanks for the help, but I think i'll leave my difficulty on 103 which looks like on some tracks is good and some tracks its more challenging, but challenge is good because you have to do the max you can.