Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Please CM add tyre braking marks

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For those who don't play often, It's hard to remember all the braking points for each track. I'm one of them and because of that I must play with the dynamic racing line arrows which I find removes a lot of immersion and authenticity.

So my suggestion is please Codemasters consider adding braking tyre marks on the tracks, it would be a great addition to help those old folks who can't remember them because they can't play 24/7 because of family and other needs. I remember playing older F1 games that had this feature, and it was pretty neat!

We could have an option to toggle it on/off (for people who don't need them) and dynamic (for tyre marks that build over time).

For everyone who think it's a good idea, feel free to voice your opinion down below so we can be heard by Codies and maybe someday have a chance to see this feature added to the game.

Edited by jayp666
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jayp666 said:

For those who don't play often, It's hard to remember all the braking points for each track. I'm one of them and because of that I must play with the ontrack arrows which I find removes a lot of authenticity and immersion.

So my suggestion is please Codemasters consider adding braking tyre marks on the tracks, it would be a great addition to help those old folks who can't remember them because they can't play 24/7 because of family and other needs. I remember playing older F1 games that had this feature, and it was pretty neat! We could have an option to toggle it on/off and dynamic for people who don't need them or for tyre marks that build over time.

 

Tracks don't really rubber up with braking, they rubber up in traction zones. That's pretty fundamental. If the braking zone was full of tyre marks it means you are locking brakes and means you will pretty soon have to pit for new tyres because you can't see for vibrations and the flat spot will get worse and worse.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Tracks don't really rubber up with braking, they rubber up in traction zones. That's pretty fundamental. If the braking zone was full of tyre marks it means you are locking brakes and means you will pretty soon have to pit for new tyres because you can't see for vibrations and the flat spot will get worse and worse.

I don't mind what is realistic or not, I'm asking for a feature to help people know when to brake. Hence why I suggested an option to toggle it on and off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could you the dynamic racing line, it turns yellow then red in the braking zone 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayp666 said:

I don't mind what is realistic or not, I'm asking for a feature to help people know when to brake. Hence why I suggested an option to toggle it on and off.

Use the racing line for a suggestion to pick out a trackside feature (brake board, bridge, start of kerbing, sponsor board, when you line up two separate points in your field of view, just after, just before, bang on, etc.)

Most corners have brake boards anyway. I doubt you will get what you're asking for because why would anyone go to the lengths of coding something that doesn't exist when a lot of things that do don't work 100% as it is?

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Use the racing line for a suggestion to pick out a trackside feature (brake board, bridge, start of kerbing, sponsor board, when you line up two separate points in your field of view, just after, just before, bang on, etc.)

Most corners have brake boards anyway. I doubt you will get what you're asking for because why would anyone go to the lengths of coding something that doesn't exist when a lot of things that do don't work 100% as it is?

Having to rely on specific trackside objects to know where to brake directly goes against the purpose of this thread: not having to remember braking points. Have you read my original post? 

Brake boards display a distance, it doesn't tell you where to brake related to each specific turns.

Therefore your two proposals are not a solution to what I'm asking for.

Edited by jayp666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, KrazyLurt said:

You could you the dynamic racing line, it turns yellow then red in the braking zone 

I specifically wrote in my original post that I don't want that because it break immersion and authenticity.

Is there someone here who's able to read properly? No offense 😆

Edited by jayp666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jayp666 said:

I specifically wrote in my original post that I don't want that because it break immersion and authenticity.

Is there someone here who's able to read properly? No offense 😆

So you don't want the racing line because it breaks immersion but you do want tyre marks which aren't realistic at all. 🤔

 

There are only 2 options for you:

1: use the racing line

2: learn braking points

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jayp666 said:

Having to rely on specific trackside objects to know where to brake directly goes against the purpose of this thread: not having to remember braking points. Have you read my original post? 

Brake boards display a distance, it doesn't tell you where to brake related to each specific turns.

Therefore your two proposals are not a solution to what I'm asking for.

I often don't have time to practice a track. So I use the 2D corner line, it's that simple. Sometimes you gotta compromise. If you do enough practice laps you learn. You have still got to adjust for weather, fuel and wear.

I want to be a rockstar without practising basic guitar technique. It's fine as long as you are unplugged and no-one's watching.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I want to be a rockstar without practising basic guitar technique. It's fine as long as you are unplugged and no-one's watching.

If noone is watching then you're not a rock star lol. 

:classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sloppysmusic said:

If noone is watching then you're not a rock star lol. 

:classic_laugh:

Kinda my point about his driving 🙂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jayp666 said:

Brake boards display a distance, it doesn't tell you where to brake related to each specific turns.

While this is somewhat correct, they also do tell you where to brake as if you watch real drivers talk you through their laps they often say "brake at the 50" or "brake at the 100". The boards really do help inform you of where to brake.

I find the curbs leading up to a corner can also do the same job, for example the one on the left of the track at the end of the long straight at Hockenheim. Its a good indicator of the braking zone. 

 

I do like seeing rubber laid down in games though but I doubt we'll see it in this one. 

Edited by Mauler77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn’t hard to learn braking points.  It’s hard to learn braking points be fast and not make mistakes.  I have turned the line off and yes I’m a little slower than before but it’s better tbh.  You cannot have everything!  The track acclimatisation mode is a great tool for helping to learn the braking points (more than the line tbh) I have to brake before the corner entry gate and then I look for on track visual clues.  It can take me about 2 or 3 attempts before nailing this and then I can do the other programs easy.  The race can be a bit hectic at times but if you are in traffic you brake when they brake and you can brake lighter than them at first if you are worried about causing a collision (it saves petrol as well!).  All in all you can’t have your cake and eat it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×