Safety Car is so hard to bring out ...

Same problem here on xbox one x. I did a full season with alfa romeo

Full quali 

Race distance 25% 

Safety car is on

A full season on expert difficulty and no vsc or sc in any race... Wow codies.

I'm in the first season, at Monza. 100% races and I didn't see any SC or VSC

• Sad 1

I’m in Austria (9 races so far) and 5 SC since Australia.

i’m on PS4 25% carreer 65 difficulty. No assist except TC

6 hours ago, whitmarsh2 said:

Well based on my experience, it's not wrong. They don't make big mistakes at all. And I'd say they never have in the F1 series as a whole. The only SCs that have happened for me on previous games have been either me being involved in an incident or the AI having a car failure. At Austria, I had a race where the AI didn't pit for Intermediates in the late stages of the race and were on slicks when I was 5 seconds a lap faster. What I didn't see, as you'd expect which happened at Hockenheim last season, was the AI spinning the rear wheels and either catching it with a fishtail or spinning entirely. 

In addition to this, I turned Simulation Damage on as well. All I think it changed for the AI was that the damage they get every race would just make them even slower. 

What difficulty do you play at?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

So I just told you I’ve seen them make mistakes on track and spin and crash. Am I lying to you? Why would I make this up?

I never said you were lying. I'm just saying I'm experiencing something different.

19 minutes ago, TruckGame said:

What difficulty do you play at?

Started at 100 and increased to the mid-100s around mid season.

Edited by whitmarsh2

5 hours ago, Freezelight said:

So guys I FINALLY GOT SC. What you need to do to activate it: when some of drivers are retiring you need to use flashback to point then "drivername is retiring now" text is arriving. I use flashback twice to trigger SC, after first time no SC received.

That glitch was in F1 2018 and it was annoying

What is odd to me is I’ve rarely had issues on pc with the sc in any recent F1 game. But people swear there is an issue. I wonder if it’s consoles or low powered systems or something. It’s always au worked spot on for me

I too had no problems in the past. What i experienced is not the amount of safety cars, it’s more the reason. You could have to or three big crashes during a race without any SC and then a car stands off the track far away and the SC comes out. 

Make it two season now and still no safety car, just going to restart career mode and see if that helps. 

45 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

I too had no problems in the past. What i experienced is not the amount of safety cars, it’s more the reason. You could have to or three big crashes during a race without any SC and then a car stands off the track far away and the SC comes out. 

Indeed SC is out for mechanical problems not for crashes!

Completed 20 Races of career mode now without a sight of a VSC/SC despite big crashes and 1/2 mechanical failures a race. Awful immersion for me, I'm on Xbox one, 95 Difficulty.

2 hours ago, Andremyrie1 said:

Make it two season now and still no safety car, just going to restart career mode and see if that helps. 

It probably wont until a patch next February comes out 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

No safety car after a big crash on 9:30 !!!!!!! Seriosly its so frustrating 😠

Edited by Gragooni

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, diegogelo said:

I'm in the first season, at Monza. 100% races and I didn't see any SC or VSC

That sucks 😠👎🚫

Edited by Gragooni
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 7:02 AM, Jaketa said:

In online or league racing the SC is still a mess and comes out completely random. There can be 5 big crashes it doesn’t come out. And in the Next race there is one little crash or someone in the gravel and there is the SC.

IDK why this isn’t one of the things that should fixed immediately after all this years. In 2016 the SC was Perfect. But since 2017 it’s a joke.

I agree 2016 it worked perfectly but every since they changed it for 2017 they obvious havn't touched it since absolute joke. I've seen more safety cars in real F1 more times compared to the game. This makes the game less realistic with less immersion. @Faya

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 2

On 7/8/2019 at 1:23 AM, Chromatic said:

I agree 2016 it worked perfectly but every since they changed it for 2017 they obvious havn't touched it since absolute joke. I've seen more safety cars in real F1 more times compared to the game. This makes the game less realistic with less immersion. @Faya

I did have a crash with gasly yesterday at brazil and it came out in an unranked online lobby . I thought oh Brill come in for mediums .... it was only ot for 1 lap when the cars bunched .... Stupid really because me thinking smart ... mediums on 3 to 4 laps behind the safety car would let me go until the end . Not after 1 lap . My tyres went with a couple laps to go . 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I casually spun out on my own in a test attempt in Australia on 100% and the SC came out (despite it being a harmless half-spin with only half my car on the grass and nobody within 20s of me), so it's definitely not just mechanical issues that bring it out. Most likely the code for deciding whether to bring out the (V)SC is very wonky and in dire need of a fix.

Edited by Coffer

Posted (edited)

Today in my career mode a Williams retired in Hungary on the middle of the straight! MIDDLE OF THE STRAIGHT MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!!!!!! AND THERE WAS NO SAFETY CAR. NO ******* SAFETY CAR !!!!!!!!!! CANT BELIEVE THIS ANYMORE 😠😠

Edited by Gragooni

@Faya

We tested the SC now in our league online and it’s the same like 2017/2018. It doesn’t come out.

Please give this to the guys. They should finally have a look on the SC. It’s not acceptable that this state hasn’t changed anything since F1 2017.

• Agree 3

I had yesterday a SC with the F2 2018 season. A race in rain and the SC came out with a crash. 

Ps4 Pro

2 seasons completed. PC 95ai, 50% race no aids.

70% of races I get a VSC. 40% of races get a SC (all caused by Ai crashes or mechanical)

Thats ~7 SC a season. All came out when they should with no issues.

Not sure why or how other people have issues. It's 100% working as it should for me.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gragooni said:

Today is my career mode a Williams retired in Hungary on the middle of the straight! MIDDLE OF THE STRAIGHT MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!!!!!!! AND THERE WAS NO SAFETY CAR. NO ******* SAFETY CAR !!!!!!!!!! CANT BELIEVE THIS ANYMORE 😠😠

Please, dont kill yourself because of that

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Metzgerov said:

2 seasons completed. PC 95ai, 50% race no aids.

70% of races I get a VSC. 40% of races get a SC (all caused by Ai crashes or mechanical)

Thats ~7 SC a season. All came out when they should with no issues.

Not sure why or how other people have issues. It's 100% working as it should for me.

It's pretty random, sometimes SC doesn't come out at all and sometimes after every AI DNF

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xawille said:

Please, dont kill yourself because of that

Maybe i don't, but it's still frustrating. After that moment i took 4 cars out deliberately just to get safety car and guess what? Yeah, still no SC. I even tried that flashback glitch about 10 times...

Edited by Gragooni

You only get a handful of Safety Cars in a RL F1 season so I'm not sure how infrequent Safety Cars are a complaint.

• Agree 1