Safety Car is so hard to bring out ...

I think it's time for CM to finally shed some light on the Safety Car issue. You could have two cars crashing on the start/finish line leaving debris all over the place and it wouldn't come out yet when some AI car retires due to engine issues and safely exits the track it would? Inconsistent as hell.

Me and my friends always get tired of playing this game after a while, cause there is no action on track.

AI hardly makes mistakes, almost no crashes, no safety car...

Don't know why Codemasters can't improve that.

If you watch an old game like "grand prix 4" there was action, cars turn over, get destroyed in lil pieces.

Every year I hope they gonna improve that, but every year is disappointing again

Hi guys just a quick question regarding this glitch

I decided to end my career mode as I was never getting any safety cars or vsc during races which I felt was unrealistic. I decided to then start an f2 championship mode while pretending one of the real drivers was my career driver as I believe there is not a way to use my career driver on this mode..if there is then please let me know how.  My plan was to do this while I waited for a patch to see if the safety car issue had been fixed. 

So now the patch is out I am still getting no safety cars I remember reading about a glitch involving flashbacks to force the safety car to come out during an ai retirement. Can someone explain exactly what I need to do in order to make this happen...like what point I need to flashback to as I still cant seem to get the safety car to come out.

Still love playing this game btw.

Thanks in advance.

I'm now at Suzuka in career mode in first season and I have had no VSC and no Safety Car at anytime in my career mode?! I have the safety car setting on but still nothing.

I like the game but safety car is a part of a game it and now it seems to be missing in my career mode. 

Posted (edited)

It doesnt always work, but the only 2 SCs Ive had happened as follows:

both times a car dropped out of the race with a mechanical issue right in front of me. I immediately went into replay and used a flashback a few seconds before the failure happened. The retirements are predetermined so the failure happened again of course. SC was out right after. I have no idea why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Edited by Andrew210227

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

It doesnt always work, but the only 2 SCs Ive had happened as follows:

both times a car dropped out of the race with a mechanical issue right in front of me. I immediately went into replay and used a flashback a few seconds before the failure happened. The retirements are predetermined so the failure happened again of course. SC was out right after. I have no idea why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Thanks for that I will try it like that whenever I have tried the retirement always happened without me being around.

Edited by Fades
Spelling

The SC only comes out for mechanical failures of ai when you are close to the retirement spot.

I have 9 SC on 21 races. I had once a safety car when Vettel pitted in and retired at the pit. I was following him.

SC could rarely comes out for crashes since ai never battle against each other.

So SC works but this is weird.

They need a consistent stream of SC’s and VSC’s now and then. Maybe throw the odd red flag once and a while in practice, quali and maybe on a rare occasion in a race. This is what makes for an authentic experience. 2018’s game was okay with it, but this game is non existent.  

Posted (edited)

I suppose in some way's you could say this has been a problem ever since the new game engine was created in F1 2015 at a stretch. I hope to Christ we don't have to go through this **** again in 2020 when the next gen consoles are released. (PS5 Project scarlett) We can't go years with no safety car working it's a critical part of the game 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1

I’m in Baku. Was leading the whole race by quite a ways. Safety car came out for three laps and brought the pack including back markers all together which made the game more challenging for the last 2 laps. But that’s the first one I’ve had. 

Posted (edited)

2019 is my first foray into the game. Is there a way on the replay to see what caused the safety car?  I was leading the race and it took a whole lap for me to get to the safety car and I saw nothing. Grosjean retired laps before the safety car and there were no other DNFs. 

Edited by Beast70
Misspelling

2 hours ago, Beast70 said:

I’m in Baku. Was leading the whole race by quite a ways. Safety car came out for three laps and brought the pack including back markers all together which made the game more challenging for the last 2 laps. But that’s the first one I’ve had. 

I had it the other day where I was in Japan, SC car came out , I got spun out lost my front wing and crawled round to the pits . Caught the safety car up end of its first lap then it said  ... please overtake the SC and go round again , by the end of the next lap it was in the pits and I was still 15 seconds behind the pack . Absolute pointless SC ... 2 laps then gone . 

Posted (edited)

When you get safety car after 20 months ..

kuj2w0akk3x11.png

And btw. obviously i didn't got it, just dreaming

Edited by Gragooni
  • Haha 3

On 7/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, Andrew210227 said:

I think it was fixed last year, so why not? After a few months of not playing F1 2018 I picked it up again to do a full season in anticipation for 2019 and I had a safetycar in about 2/3rds of all GPs.

Yeah, I decided to restart my F1 2018 career mode on PC with a F1 2019 mod. Where I was getting 1 SC or VSC for every 5-6 DNFs, since I restarted my career mode I have done 20 races and every race I had either a full SC or a VSC, only the most recent race I did in Brazil there was no SC or VSC. So that is 19 out of 20 races so far with either a SC or VSC, yet before when I was in season 8 of 2018 career mode, SC or VSC every 3-4 races only.

It's really weird how the SC and VSC frequency changed since I started a new career.

• Agree 1

so gents,

I switched it on finally now after you explained me this Delta stuff, and it came out directly in my first race after activation 😄  so I must be lucky with this 😉 it worked properly

• Like 1

@Fades I've merged your thread with another one regarding this topic so as to keep the discussion in one place. Thanks 🙂 

No safety car for me too and I'm done with season one 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, naim786 said:

No safety car for me too and I'm done with season one 

I really really want the safety car to be fixed . Great game so far @Faya

• Agree 3

I've had safety cars quite a lot. In fact just this most recent race in Bahrain I had my race and team mates races hampered by safety car due to poor strategy calls. I'm running 90 difficulty at 25%

Is there a bug with the safety car? Havent seen it all season. Why have an option for it if it doesnt come out.

As written above, I switched it on in Austria, since then I had a SC in EVERY race, Silverstone and Germany….so 3 out of 3 races a SC came out once per race. No bugs, it worked properly. Reason normally, technical issues and cars were parked right beside the track, so kind of realistic.

• Disagree 1

@ Faya

la sécurité de la voiture et une grosse blague dans ce jeu putin !! ne sors pas même gros accident rien une voiture au bord de la piste aucun VSC rien !! Paramètre 50% de simulation de dégâts de parcours, voiture de sécurité active. dites-moi si vous aussi avez de gros problèmes avec ça? qu'elle déconne sérieusement!

fais quelque chose s'il te plait

the safety car will be repaired when?  it becomes really ridiculous.

• Agree 1