Safety Car is so hard to bring out ...

the safety car will be repaired when?  it becomes really ridiculous.

what is the issue? works fine? 3 times I had it now, nothing went wrong

I do not know the calculation system behind it, I switched it on in Austria and had it in ALL upcoming races once. Maybe you need to switch it off first, make one race without it and switch it back on during the season...

• Confused 1

From my own experience it's been coming out a lot more since patch 1.05; I've had a SC or VSC every other race or so. Could be a coincidence of course. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Merged a few threads discussing the same issue so we can keep the discussion in one place, thanks 🙂 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

what is the issue? works fine? 3 times I had it now, nothing went wrong

I think it's so random with everybody. My experience with it is rubbish and when I do see it it's too short to make a difference to strategy, as I previously mentioned 2 laps then went in after me having to overtake it . 

I think it's so random with everybody. My experience with it is rubbish and when I do see it it's too short to make a difference to strategy, as I previously mentioned 2 laps then went in after me having to overtake it . 

4th race (Hungary) in a row I got it now, but now it was too sensitive triggered.

Situation:

Rainy conditions, first lap, Corner 5 I think it was, Bottas hit my back in the corner, not his fault, I didn`t see him in the corner, so I was sliding out on the gras, no damages, could go right back on track, this triggered a SC 😄 I thought maybe something else was happening but no, it was because of my short visit in the gras…got the SC out for 4 laps….

I'm at Singapore first season and haven't seen it once. 

Had a VSC for about half a lap at Silverstone and that's it.

I have played about with turning Safety Car off during Practice and turning it back on for before races, etc. in an attempt to boot it into providing a SC but still nothing.

On 11/07/2019 at 11:25, KiLLu12258 said:

sc ne sera pas corrigé. Il n'y a aucune chance.

Je pense que ce n’est pas si facile de l’appliquer de la bonne manière, donc cela ne fonctionnera jamais comme il se doit.

it worked very well on the 2016, so why did you say that?

I'm just about to start a career race in Austin, USA, in my first Season (100% race distance, with Simulated Damage set), and I have not seen the Safety Car at all this season.

Come to think of it, the AI have never Hit a Wall, lose a Wheel, or get stuck in a Gravel Trap either (to bring out a Safety Car). Yes, they may lose a piece of Front Wing, or Breakdown; but that's it.

In the Settings I'll try turning it off, and then back on again to see if that works 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

I'm just about to start a career race in Austin, USA, in my first Season (100% race distance, with Simulated Damage set), and I have not seen the Safety Car at all this season.

Come to think of it, the AI have never Hit a Wall, lose a Wheel, or get stuck in a Gravel Trap either (to bring out a Safety Car). Yes, they may lose a piece of Front Wing, or Breakdown; but that's it.

In the Settings I'll try turning it off, and then back on again to see if that works 🤷‍♂️

Should we all really have to jiggle settings to see a SC 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The SC is another joke of CM F1 Games...

The Ai had a big accident in my Carrer in spain. One car had an engine failure on the start/finish straight. Kubica just smashed in its back. Both cars were standing on the straight. (You are driving ~270 kmh there!). NO SC. They just disappeared after a few seconds.

KI 96%, Race distance 50%, SC on, Sim damage

Edited by Mobcat94
  • Agree 1

60 hours in, 3rd season...still never seen a safety car in my career. Not even seen one in Grand Prix mode 

On 7/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, diegogelo said:

I'm in the first season, at Monza. 100% races and I didn't see any SC or VSC

It's crazy how it so so different for everyone.  Extreme differences aswel 

On 7/30/2019 at 6:39 AM, Marty_K_ said:

I've just finished Career Season 1 on 100% Race Distance, and the Safety Car was never deployed ☹️

I did try turning the Safety Car off for a race, and then back on again for the remainder of the Season, ...but that didn't work.

It's interesting to note that I saw this advertisement (below) in the Classified Section of F1 Magazine this morning:

FOR SALE: 2018 AMG GT-R. Former F1 Safety Car of the 2019 F1 Season. Very Low kilometres (engine not yet fully Run-In). Serious enquiries only. No wheel kickers, or timewasters please. (Pictured here at the 2019 Australian Formula One Grand Prix).

Safety Car.JPG

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

It's interesting to note that I saw this advertisement (below) in the Classified Section of F1 Magazine this morning:

FOR SALE: 2018 AMG GT-R. Former F1 Safety Car of the 2019 F1 Season. Very Low kilometres (engine not yet fully Run-In). Serious enquiries only. No wheel kickers, or timewasters please. (Pictured here at the 2019 Australian Formula One Grand Prix).

Safety Car.JPG

PRESS RELEASE from F1 Magazine.

Sincere APOLOGIES from F1 Magazine. The photograph as depicted in the FOR SALE advertisement (above) is not correct.

That particular vehicle is the Real Life workhorse of Formula One, and it is not for sale. Please accept our sincere apologies.

The correct vehicle is displayed below. If you wish to view it, please go to any (simulated) F1 Grand Prix, and you'll find parked in this usual position at the end of Pit Lane. Thank you.

-end-

PS4 Safety Car.JPG

• Haha 1

I’m playing 50% race length. Safety car in 4 races.  Usually when I’m ahead and gaining distance. Then after SC, Hamilton becomes aggressive, bumps in to me and starts putting up fastest laps over and over. This has happened with Hamilton 2 of the 4 SCs. 

• Confused 1

I had one in Baku in season 1 of my career. Had a couple of VSCs too. Only as far as Spain at the moment, taking it slowly.

Hi all,

I've merged another thread in with this one, so the discussion is all in the same place. Thanks for all your feedback! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 2

On 8/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, Gragooni said:

NO SAFETY CAR AFTER BIG CRASH IN BAKU!!!!

EA42P1JW4AAmWJ7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Hello,

what is the car damage? Simulation or complete?

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 1:19 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

I've merged another thread in with this one, so the discussion is all in the same place. Thanks for all your feedback! 

Well how about ACTUALLY DOING something about it? Forwarding it to the team... Acknowledging there is an issue... actually fixing it...? Safety car never coming out has basically been an issue since 2017 and all that is ever done about it is "merging threads to keep it in one place" Blah blah... Yeah sure... merge it all you want, thats all you have been doing about it for the past two years, fine with me. But what about actually handling the issue, its been described for YEARS and nothing...? Working on it? Fixing it? What about it??

Edited by Jimmyslade
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

On 8/3/2019 at 2:58 PM, Jimmyslade said:

Well how about ACTUALLY DOING something about it? Forwarding it to the team... Acknowledging there is an issue... actually fixing it...? Safety car never coming out has basically been an issue since 2017 and all that is ever done about it is "merging threads to keep it in one place" Blah blah... Yeah sure... merge it all you want, thats all you have been doing about it for the past two years, fine with me. But what about actually handling the issue, its been described for YEARS and nothing...? Working on it? Fixing it? What about it??

Patch 1.07 and still waiting... 😂

Posted (edited)

Link to the same post on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/cnr4jy/the_safety_car_is_broken_in_f1_2019/

I mentioned in the comments of the latest patch notes that I haven't got a safety car or a VSC in my career yet, at this point I am at Japan with nothing. Cars have DNF'd beside the track, and others have crashed and their cars left sitting idle in the middle of the road. The game refuses to use the SC or VSC and it destroys the submersion of the game.

I decided to prove my point and argue for the need to rehaul the safety car and VSC. I went into a solo Grand Prix at Mexico and tried to force the safety car to spawn. After a half an hour of trying, I discovered the only way that I have found to spawn it, I understand that other people get it more regularly, but many others are in my scenario, where the safety car is non-existent.

(https://streamable.com/h9a0y)

As you can see I was able to spawn the safety car by blocking the track with my car, there were no outlying issues, just a long line of cars bundled together.

(https://streamable.com/jmkw8)

In this scenario, I cause a multiple car crash which DNF'd three cars. Albon's Toro Rosso was parked on the main straight and the game DID NOT deploy a SC or even a VSC. Notice how the cars simply got deleted on the track map after the incident.

This proves that the game simply does not understand when it is the right time to spawn a safety car. That crash was a potential red flag and yet the race continued as if nothing happened. 

TLDR: Codemasters must fix the safety car as it is broken and inconsistent. Watch videos for proof.

Edited by JackH63