Safety Car is so hard to bring out ...

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I’m having a bug in my game I think. I’m now 10 races into career mode, safety car was enabled all the time. But in all these races, not a single SC/VSC got deployed, even though there were plenty of retirements. To test it I also caused some crashes with several retirements at once and even a blocked track, but still no SC. I get the feeling I can do whatever I want and no SC will get deployed. Does anyone else have this issue as well?

I’m on PC, game is version 1.04, but before with version 1.03 it was the same problem. I’m playing with a wheel.

Edited by Maetthu_99

Yeah, the same problem was in 2018. I was able to call the safety car if I block the track and some of the cars stopped but I cause a collision and broke some cars and no SC or VSC. 

Posted (edited)

Just my experience guys . I made a video. It literally takes a car to be wiped out . Even if there is a 15 car pile up. It doesn't come out . Anyone else have same issue as I'd like to see the safety car come out more frequently. 

Edited by TRJoey
New vid link ( re upload )
  • Agree 4

I’m in Hungary now and have had it every race apart from Melbourne 😲

• Haha 1

In my second season I’ve yet to see a VSC or Sc. Even tried to bring out it on purpose...nothing. 

• Agree 2

It's a strange one isn't it . This is patch 1.04 aswel. Alot of people having very different safety car experiences. Like in my vid , a huge pile up surely should of brought it out but hmm ...  I think the safety car looks fab though 

It seems like there are people that never get them and there are people that get too many. Should be way more consistent.

• Agree 2

I've had the exact same experience as someone has previously commented where I'm up to Hungary and it only came out in the first race. But, I have had the Virtual safety car come out quite frequently.

I'm at Austria now playing 25% races and not had a single SC or VSC.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SASColfer said:

I'm at Austria now playing 25% races and not had a single SC or VSC.

I'd love it to be in the game more ... maybe with future patches 

I find the same thing.

But the other thing I'd say is a factor is that AI mistakes just don't happen. They don't spin, they don't crash. They're just perfect and don't crash. I find it's the same with AI vs AI racing.  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

PS4 25% carreer and 3 SC in 7 GP.

Like someone mentionned, not related to a big crash but where YOU are on the track when AI retired.

SC procedure is not good since you can immediately pass by the SC if you are not leading the race. You should normally stay behind the SC at the beginning.

5 hours ago, whitmarsh2 said:

I find the same thing.

But the other thing I'd say is a factor is that AI mistakes just don't happen. They don't spin, they don't crash. They're just perfect and don't crash. I find it's the same with AI vs AI racing.  

Wrong. I’ve seen 4 crashes personally 2 being on their own and 2 being ai vs ai clash. They do crash and I have had 7 SC through 21 races. I wonder if it’s a pc vs console issue.

In online or league racing the SC is still a mess and comes out completely random. There can be 5 big crashes it doesn’t come out. And in the Next race there is one little crash or someone in the gravel and there is the SC.

IDK why this isn’t one of the things that should fixed immediately after all this years. In 2016 the SC was Perfect. But since 2017 it’s a joke.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, whitmarsh2 said:

I find the same thing.

That's a very good point actually , a more stable A.I equal less mistakes. Never thought of that . 

Edited by TRJoey
Additions
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

Wrong. I’ve seen 4 crashes personally 2 being on their own and 2 being ai vs ai clash. They do crash and I have had 7 SC through 21 races. I wonder if it’s a pc vs console issue.

Well based on my experience, it's not wrong. They don't make big mistakes at all. And I'd say they never have in the F1 series as a whole. The only SCs that have happened for me on previous games have been either me being involved in an incident or the AI having a car failure. At Austria, I had a race where the AI didn't pit for Intermediates in the late stages of the race and were on slicks when I was 5 seconds a lap faster. What I didn't see, as you'd expect which happened at Hockenheim last season, was the AI spinning the rear wheels and either catching it with a fishtail or spinning entirely. 

In addition to this, I turned Simulation Damage on as well. All I think it changed for the AI was that the damage they get every race would just make them even slower. 

Edited by whitmarsh2

In my first season I got 0 safety cars in a whole season, then I restarted the career mode and then the safety car came out like in a 5 races in a row

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, whitmarsh2 said:

Well based on my experience, it's not wrong. They don't make big mistakes at all. And I'd say they never have in the F1 series as a whole. The only SCs that have happened for me on previous games have been either me being involved in an incident or the AI having a car failure. At Austria, I had a race where the AI didn't pit for Intermediates in the late stages of the race and were on slicks when I was 5 seconds a lap faster. What I didn't see, as you'd expect which happened at Hockenheim last season, was the AI spinning the rear wheels and either catching it with a fishtail or spinning entirely. 

In addition to this, I turned Simulation Damage on as well. All I think it changed for the AI was that the damage they get every race would just make them even slower. 

Totally agree with you

So guys I FINALLY GOT SC. What you need to do to activate it: when some of drivers are retiring you need to use flashback to point then "drivername is retiring now" text is arriving. I use flashback twice to trigger SC, after first time no SC received.

1 hour ago, whitmarsh2 said:

So I just told you I’ve seen them make mistakes on track and spin and crash. Am I lying to you? Why would I make this up?

48 minutes ago, Freezelight said:

So guys I FINALLY GOT SC. What you need to do to activate it: when some of drivers are retiring you need to use flashback to point then "drivername is retiring now" text is arriving. I use flashback twice to trigger SC, after first time no SC received.

Using glitches to get a game feature sc - love it lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TRJoey said:

Using glitches to get a game feature sc - love it lol

Yes, of course. But i want SC and get it. It seems like no another way to get it without fix 🙂

• Agree 1