Sign in to follow this  

Telemetry in F1 2015?

This is something that I never in the previous 5 editions of Codies' F1 games. Why on Earth a telemetry was no included in the game? This is F1 we are talking about here, a place where everything has a sensor on it (excluding Alonso' steering rack at McLaren, apparently). Will we finally see an appearance of it in F1 2015?  

Moved from Codemasters - General Discussion to F1 Games - General Discussion.

Guess the answer is it was never needed, the last 5 games setups had very little affect on the cars so why spend hours looking at data when the data isnt there in the first place? If codemasters are saying this year tyre, suspension and setup (not mentiond but would tie in) are vastly improved then maybe this year we will finally get telemetry as there would be a use for it.

Doubt it. It's a game, not a sim.
I'm not talking about going off the charts, measuring how different tyre pressures affect the handling, aero telemetry measuring drag and stuff like that. I'm really talking about basic stuff - how setups and driving styles affect tyre wear, time deltas compared to teammates, comparing how different braking points reflect your lap time, simple stuff really. 

@vtidixon , you are correct to an extent, the setups were pretty basic. But for example in 2013 where tyre wear (especially compared to the AI) was incredibly bad I would have absolutely loved to be given the opportunity to do a couple of different heavy full stints with different driving styles and setups to see if I can extend my tyre life. And I'm talking about going back to the garage and comparing but a lap-by-lap comparison. And that feature was even in the game - remember that tyre test in FP1 where you had a percentage of tyre wear in real time as you were on the track? Basically what we were given was minimal amount of tyre info (colored graphics), hell even the fuel info was limited to +1/+2 or -1 or optimal. I'm not saying go full iRacing or rFactor on the game but this Formula 1 ffs. You can't treat this franchise like NFS or Grid 2. 

Ye can see there being more a need for it the way you describe. I did do a test myself with 13 as at first It was killing me that the tyres would wear so quick. Basically full tank every time, fresh set of options and I drove 20 laps flat out to see how my tyres were affected. After 4 runs with very different setups (wanted to know what affect they had) each time id have nearly exactly the same tyre life left (says when you select tyres in game) The only thing I noticed was the times were alot different over a stint so least it confurmed to me setups were broken again as 1,1 11,11 was the quickest :( I really hope this years game will be more about the driver and not so scripted. 

Even simple things like speed traps the average speed through the sectors and gears your team mate uses (even though i know the new rules about driver training in real life)

Telemetry is in the game you just need a third party app to use it.
Is it possible on console? I don't think so. 

VDV23 said:
Telemetry is in the game you just need a third party app to use it.
Is it possible on console? I don't think so. 
What's a console? :)

Each passing year proves just how genius geoff crammonds gp2/3/4 really was. After each GP id sit down and analyse the lap progression charts, compare telemetry, review the seasons results, fastest lap charts..