F1 2019 Thrustmaster T500 issue

Question

Hello,

i have an issue that makes the game really unenjoyable. As you can see in the picture, F1 2019 doesnt center my wheel. In other games like F1 2017, with the same settings, my wheel is centered.

Im using a Thrustmaster t500 base and have the same issue with the T500RS rim and my Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 rim.

Does anyone no, what i can do? I calibrated my wheel already, i reinstalled F1 2019 already. The 2nd screenshot is from F1 2017, where is perfectly fine.

20190705222330_1.jpg

20190706000242_1.jpg

17 answers to this question

Have you tried in that menu tho press share/options and mode button? All at once.

the light should blink green and your wheel should be centered.

calibrate your wheel before going onto the game

16 hours ago, AlexTT said:

Have you tried in that menu tho press share/options and mode button? All at once.

the light should blink green and your wheel should be centered.

14 hours ago, softy94 said:

calibrate your wheel before going onto the game

I already did that, but still thanks for the answer. 🙂

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Skillexs said:

Ok, it wasnt updated. I had to actually reinstal the driver, cause the updatefunction didnt work. 

The problem is still there, even with updated firmware. 😞

At least it proves it isn't firmware in this instance. Try the F1 Rim in Advanced mode as well as Standard Mode.

The latest driver package is also 2019_TTRS_1 (don't think the FFB driver changed since 2018_TTRS_2). Yes, the FW Updater and software updater function is ropey, so a reinstall of the latest driver is always a good idea when checking. The release notes will tell you when a new firmware is included, but you may have to look back in older notes to see when specific wheel bases or support for rims was added as it only includes the changes.

Edited by steviejay69

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

At least it proves it isn't firmware in this instance. Try the F1 Rim in Advanced mode as well as Standard Mode.

The latest driver package is also 2019_TTRS_1 (don't think the FFB driver changed since 2018_TTRS_2). Yes, the FW Updater and software updater function is ropey, so a reinstall of the latest driver is always a good idea when checking. The release notes will tell you when a new firmware is included, but you may have to look back in older notes to see when specific wheel bases or support for rims was added as it only includes the changes.

I downloadedthe driver package from the website, so its the 2019_ttrs_1. I already had the wheel in advanced mode, so tried to put in standard mode, but i didnt help. I think there is some problem with F1 2019 and not with my wheel. In Forza and F1 2017 its working without any issues. I already tried to reinstall the game, but it didnt help.

I wrote an email to the codemaster support and i hope, they know what issue this is. But i think, they will just say the same as you guys.

Edited by Skillexs

1 hour ago, Skillexs said:

I downloadedthe driver package from the website, so its the 2019_ttrs_1. I already had the wheel in advanced mode, so tried to put in standard mode, but i didnt help. I think there is some problem with F1 2019 and not with my wheel. In Forza and F1 2017 its working without any issues. I already tried to reinstall the game, but it didnt help.

I wrote an email to the codemaster support and i hope, they know what issue this is. But i think, they will just say the same as you guys.

And definitely the centering procedure doesn't work?

My T300 doesn't center after calibration but it's reading is fine, it just chooses to complete calibration and finishes a few degrees off 50 in the Control Panel. But if I move it to read 50, then it's at 0 in-game.

There are some controller issues with other games (notably PCARS 2).

Next step (and nothing to lose) is to uninstall the driver with Geek Uninstaller and then reboot and reinstall. 

Do you connect the controller after starting or do you leave it connected? Mine is connected the whole time, power only goes to the wheel when the PC (and hence) USB is on. Might be worth exporing if you have any USB charge options set (some boards allow you to use the USB as a charger in soft-off?

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

And definitely the centering procedure doesn't work?

My T300 doesn't center after calibration but it's reading is fine, it just chooses to complete calibration and finishes a few degrees off 50 in the Control Panel. But if I move it to read 50, then it's at 0 in-game.

There are some controller issues with other games (notably PCARS 2).

Next step (and nothing to lose) is to uninstall the driver with Geek Uninstaller and then reboot and reinstall. 

Do you connect the controller after starting or do you leave it connected? Mine is connected the whole time, power only goes to the wheel when the PC (and hence) USB is on. Might be worth exporing if you have any USB charge options set (some boards allow you to use the USB as a charger in soft-off?

Before i did the new calibration of wheel, my wheel did the same thing as yours. Now it finishs in the center.

The steering in F1 2019 is at -7, as you see in the screenshot. Both screenshots are with exact the same settings of the wheel, but second is in f1 2017.

I normally plug my wheel in, when my pc is already running. It turns on, only if i connect it to the power and with usb to the pc.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Skillexs said:

Before i did the new calibration of wheel, my wheel did the same thing as yours. Now it finishs in the center.

The steering in F1 2019 is at -7, as you see in the screenshot. Both screenshots are with exact the same settings of the wheel, but second is in f1 2017.

I normally plug my wheel in, when my pc is already running. It turns on, only if i connect it to the power and with usb to the pc.

Try deleting the hardware_setting_config.xml (c:\users\{USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\hardware_settings) when the game isn't running, then relaunch it? (It will create a new file, you can restore from the Recycle Bin in the same manner if something goes unexpectedly awry).

Edited by steviejay69
More of a hope than anything that something gets redetected

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Try deleting the hardware_setting_config.xml (c:\users\{USERNAME}\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\hardware_settings) when the game isn't running, then relaunch it? (It will create a new file, you can restore from the Recycle Bin in the same manner if something goes unexpectedly awry).

It seems to work. It got better, its only at -2 now. maybe if i try i multiple times, i get it to 0. 

• Haha 1

Do you have Steam cloud save enabled? Try disabling it, deleting the hardware file again and then checking?

Not sure how much information it retains but I have had controller settings remembered when I've not set them. I run with it disabled, but that is because I don't often worry about save games in Career, etc.

9 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have Steam cloud save enabled? Try disabling it, deleting the hardware file again and then checking?

Not sure how much information it retains but I have had controller settings remembered when I've not set them. I run with it disabled, but that is because I don't often worry about save games in Career, etc.

That didnt help. I cant get it to 0 like that. I think with -2 its driveable, but i have to test it. The difference between turning left and right got pretty small. I really thank you for time and help. 🙂

Maybe the Thrustmaster or Codemaster support have a complete solution.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Skillexs said:

That didnt help. I cant get it to 0 like that. I think with -2 its driveable, but i have to test it. The difference between turning left and right got pretty small. I really thank you for time and help. 🙂

Maybe the Thrustmaster or Codemaster support have a complete solution.

Yeah I hope so.

One last thing to check https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/T500RS/T500_RS_PS3_Games_Compatibility_Mode.pdf

The wheel does work in PS3 mode on PC (all the TM wheelbases do) but just wondering if this mode is set (I guess the game would see the wheel as a pad in game and you'd notice the lack of calibration)? But try toggling it in and out of each mode and see what might happen?

Edit: Worst case scenario is something to do with the rotary encoder. Maybe the game IS finicky, but I was noticing shifting issues on my rim in game but then I had a switch failure so maybe it being misdetected was ominous. But then I don't have other games as checks, because I don't really play RF2, AC or PCARS any more.

Edited by steviejay69